test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

Michy Batshuayi

Started by Special Juan,

1,369 posts in this topic

i guess its safe to say Sarri wants to make Hazard play like Mertens does for Napoli, i dont mind this at all if it means Hazard can score double figures this season :tiphat:

Blusan Alamb likes this

Just now, LAM09 said:

We could be in serious trouble. I'm honestly shocked he's gone and we're stuck with the same CF's

I think false 9 will be a serious option. Pedro or Hazard can play in that role. Fluidity and flexibility across attackers is key for Sarri. He likes his forwards to drop deep anyways. Could mean more time for CHO on the wing as well. 

Blusan Alamb likes this

Well, shit. I guess board needs to make some money, and this is one way of doing it, I can't see other reason...

Does indeed look bad until you think about it the way Matt Law described it on the previous page. Batshuayi is far too good to be riding our bench for 80% of the time here. He would've got plenty of minutes here and there as a sub but from his perspective, why do that when you can go to another nice club and play a featured role?

Tammy will be fine being a rotation option. The problem is, I don't think Tammy is nearly Chelsea quality yet. 

3 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

I think false 9 will be a serious option. Pedro or Hazard can play in that role. Fluidity and flexibility across attackers is key for Sarri. He likes his forwards to drop deep anyways. Could mean more time for CHO on the wing as well. 

I expect that to be the case now, but it makes the omission of signing another RWF more baffling. Hazard is going to have deliver Mertens numbers for this to be reasonable.

akgw13 likes this

So, this might not be bad after all. This is make it or break it for Michy and Chelsea. If he succeeds, bring him back. By then we will know if Morata is useful or not. If he doesn't play well there sell him for good.  

59 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Bats is NOT even remotely close to Higuain (who I didn't want to sign anyway as he is too old soon). Higuain is also massively fit after a big summer fitness routine. Have you seen the new videos and pics of him?

Fit prolly the wrong word. Lets day Bats is generally more of a athletic physical presence. Probably a bit faster, stronger and more mobile.

other than that i think their movement and attitude imo are similar

People keep saying "Sarri didn't even get a look at him" but I think it's obvious that Michy had decided for himself that he wanted to go on loan again. He wants and needs to be a regular.

akgw13 and El P. like this

11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

People keep saying "Sarri didn't even get a look at him" but I think it's obvious that Michy had decided for himself that he wanted to go on loan again. He wants and needs to be a regular.

Agreed, he probably wanted assurances that Sarri could not provide. The striker structure actually makes sense this way, all we need is Morata to pot a few goals so people believe in him. Morata as main starter for Prem games, Giroud as super sub, Tammy for Europa league and lower division cup games. Michy would have wanted Prem minute assurances. Sad to see him go as I thought he could have broken through, but its understandable. 

Plus the false 9 possibility as well which gets 3/4 of CHO/Hazard/Pedro/Willian on the field together as a different look.

52 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Fit prolly the wrong word. Lets day Bats is generally more of a athletic physical presence. Probably a bit faster, stronger and more mobile.

All that means fuck all if you cant put the ball in the net!!

Morata is a fit young guy but needs a GPS to find the goal and some sort of  brace to stop falling over!

Higuain would have been great!

58 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Oh, I give you the point that a 25 year old bats is more athletic overall than a 25 year old Higuain, but Higs is MILES more football intelligent and effective. Bats is very one dimensional and terrible at build up play.It is like playing with 10 men at times.

Tomo likes this

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

All that means fuck all if you cant put the ball in the net!!

Morata is a fit young guy but needs a GPS to find the goal and some sort of  brace to stop falling over!

Higuain would have been great!

It does, if you are struggling to score but are still moving well, that still gives space for the others to operate, as poor as Morata's been he is still doing that, thats why he has so many chances at goal and we can create a fair bit even with his current form. Bats is really poor at movement (well pretty much everything bar finishing) and it affects the way the team play, if he isn't scoring at a rate of minimum 3 in 4 then there's is no way possible his place in the team can even be remotely justified and even then it's debatable.

Miguelito, Blue Armour and DYC. like this

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

It does, if you are struggling to score but are still moving well, that still gives space for the others to operate, as poor as Morata's been he is still doing that, thats why he has so many chances at goal and we can create a fair bit even with his current form. Bats is really poor at movement (well pretty much everything bar finishing) and it affects the way the team play, if he isn't scoring at a rate of minimum 3 in 4 then there's is no way possible his place in the team can even be remotely justified and even then it's debatable.

Its why I would prefer Pedro. He will get Moratas chances and hopefully at least 1 might go in.

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

But we dont need someone to creare space, move and pass well. We got a ton pf creative midfielders. We need a player to be in the right position and put the ball in the net. Morata and Giroud are bot scorers and should not be relied on for goals. They are perfect when they are not the main man and have griezman /mbappe or Tevez around to score the goals but here Hazard is our only player with the potential to score more than a dozen league goals. I doubt more than 2 players will hit double figures for us next season. In the end goals win games and will determine whether Sarris lasts over Christmas or not