test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

loaned out Michy Batshuayi

Started by Special Juan,

1,263 posts in this topic
7 hours ago, Jason said:

I never said Batshuayi was treated fairly or unfairly by Conte. But since you brought this up, Bats never gave Conte any reason to play him for consecutive games.

It’s what you were insinuating. Each to their own anyway. Conte doesn’t need sound logic or reasons to play players let’s be honest (see Gary Cahill). It’s not really a meritocracy here. Will never forget Conte’s treatment of Michy when Costa basically went missing for 6 months. 

Think this kinda shows the  + of his game and why CFC signed him and how we can use him next season with the evolution of him and more importantly the squad but that has to come from the back to the midfield . In the end he scores goals with a good ratio!

or 

15 hours ago, LukakutoStamford said:

Conte misused Michy. I find hilarious that people complain about Batshuayi’s consistency when Conte plays him 15-30 seconds.

This quite similar to Mourinho KDB situation. And no Michy isn’t as good as Kevin but he’s a lot better than the scraps Conte gave him.

I'm sorry but I think nothing is similar to what Mourinho did to De Bruyne.

The Mourinho/Mata situation is the one I'd compare this to since both players didn't fit the coach's preferred system/style of play.

Fernando likes this

14 hours ago, Jason said:

I never said Batshuayi was treated fairly or unfairly by Conte. But since you brought this up, Bats never gave Conte any reason to play him for consecutive games.

Salah didnt give any reason to play back then but look at him now.

I think its funny how people now blame Bats that he will never become good player just to defend Conte or club and even go to a point even if he succeeds it will be in a ''poor'' league where only one team is good. LOL. De Bruyne played there too and is now fucking excellent.

Lets just be honest here, we are dogshit in developing and caresing players with trust and patience. Dogshit. Nearly every younger player performed better elsewhere and before you point out they played in inferior teams where nothing matters, take a look at Salah, KDB, Lukaku who are all now playing for big team. Lukaku is perhaps still not there, but has potential, while other two are doing fantastic job.

I have to laugh at all of you (no disrespect though) when you lowplay Bats and will probably claim he is shit and useless for Chelsea, even if he bangs 15 goals now in Bundesliga.

Fact is we cant develop such players, and indeed he didnt perform well for us, but thats not because he doesnt have potential, but again, because we are crap at developing. We throw them out on pitch, with live or die orders, and expect them to have iron mentality, we expect them to die on that pitch, yet the love isnt bothsided, because if they underperform, the fans will call for their heads imeddiately and the board along with coach will bench them, loan them and sell them first second. Conditions like that are ridiculous. Yes we pay them, but so does every other big club and thats no excuse to just expect them to be like robots now.

If Christensen didnt succeed this season, even with all his potential, he would be on the way out by now. There is no faith and patience for our players, not one bit.

But I can already expect same people who talk crap about Bats, if and when he becomes better, they will blame the board for selling him, while right now, they have no patience and faith in him themselves. Hypocrites.

I would expect people to learn this simple shit by now. We play with one or max two consistent attackers for several years with rest of the squad full-on defensive. Our talented attackers dont succeed because our pragmatic tactics and worst possible environment. There have been many examples mentioned several times and very possibly Bats could be just another one to add to the list.

But he is still our player. Instead of looking at positive side how well he started the career at BVB, nah lets call that league shit, lets say he is shity player and lets go on Giroud bangwagon pretending he will save the club. Reality is in two years, Giroud will leave us frustrated as expected while Bats will perform great for another (probably top PL club).

People didnt like Eden in his bad season called for his head and to be sold, good call he only became the best player we have by big margin since.

People didnt like Costa for his behaviour, celebrated his sale, good call, now we dont have quality striker and people want another one, because paying 70 for Morata didnt work as planned and Costa was actualy fuckin great striker.

Lets just support the players we have when they are not doing well, shall we? Its easy to support them when they are in top form. Bats got new start and lets hope he doest well.

Btw, this isnt only on you Jason, its several fans here who need to see the bigger picture in football, its not all black and white.

Footballover and BXL70 like this

10 hours ago, The Skipper said:

It’s what you were insinuating. Each to their own anyway. Conte doesn’t need sound logic or reasons to play players let’s be honest (see Gary Cahill). It’s not really a meritocracy here. Will never forget Conte’s treatment of Michy when Costa basically went missing for 6 months. 

Insinuating? :lol: You got it all wrong, Tom. All I did was merely responding to Mana's point about people suddenly becoming Batshuayi's biggest fan and acting as if they haven't, at one point or another, criticized him in the last 18 months.

3 hours ago, Hamilton said:

Confidence does a lot with a footballer

Bats is very much talented, to me he is better than Lukaku. But he was not trusted by Conte, almost humiliated, and he lost his confidence, leading to his latest dreadful performances for Chelsea (but still scored). Hopefully, we loaned out Bats, not same mistakes as with e.g. KDB and MS. But, yes, Conte got it wrong according to me: Bats should have been our primary striker with Morata as second choice. That's politics. 

22 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

tt's not confidence. It's his game. He is scoring the same poacher's goals he has been scoring for us. A team that creates chances for the striker and does not require him to create his own will get one of the best fox-in-the-box striker in Europe in Batshauyi. Dortmund have struggled with poor finishing with Aubameyang but they always created enough chances. Now they have a superior finisher. I would have expected Bats to flourish here if we for one would play with more than 3 attacking players of which Pedro/Willian can not really be considered full attackers with the amount of defensive work they do + their offensive output is erraic. Look at Dortmund's lineup. They startet with 5 genuine attacker. Kagawa and Reus in a 3 man midfield, Schürrle and Pulisic as wingers. Small wonder Dortmund create more chances than us.

Its definately confidence too. We put huge pressure on these players. When they play it feels as someone cut their balls off. 

Bats looks much more relaxed in borussia now, after just a couple games.

Same was with Salah, Kdb...

IMO we as a club have strict business model and its all about business.

We buy players, we expect results, we loan out, if its not working we sell. Like a machine. In, out, in, out. There is no things like faith, patience, belief here. Just a shell that either works or falls apart. 

When player wants out, again, we go straight business. Thats why we sold Matic to United, Cech to Arsenal etc. They pay, we sell. 

It looks like the club is running by numbers and statistics. There is no "personal touch and feelings anywhere.

I dont like it, but thats how it looks. And dont expect players to return any favours then. 

Obviously some players are bit different like Azpi but that is more exception than rule. 

El P. likes this

5 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Its definately confidence too. We put huge pressure on these players. When they play it feels as someone cut their balls off. 

If you are at the top of your field, or just working in a high paying field, there is bound to be pressure on you with all the expectations. It doesn't matter if you are a lawyer, scientist, doctor or whatever.

If you can't handle pressure don't be a footballer. You can play sunday league games if you just love football and want to play.

4 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

If you are at the top of your field, or just working in a high paying field, there is bound to be pressure on you with all the expectations. It doesn't matter if you are a lawyer, scientist, doctor or whatever.

If you can't handle pressure don't be a footballer. You can play sunday league games if you just love football and want to play.

Yeah, when we talk about Torres or Eden or Kante where big things are expected from the start since they were proven quality players. 

For some other, younger players its different. They need much more support and you will see it pays off. Young people often take to heart who helped them breakthrough and who just wanted them to perform or be dumped. 

We would have very thankful players in Salah and Kdb if we developed them with patience and faith. 

As you said, lawyers, doctors,... are expected know all, but younger apprentices always get support and opportunities before becoming top in profession themselves.

3 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Yeah, when we talk about Torres or Eden or Kante where big things are expected from the start since they were proven quality players. 

For some other, younger players its different. They need much more support and you will see it pays off. Young people often take to heart who helped them breakthrough and who just wanted them to perform or be dumped. 

We would have very thankful players in Salah and Kdb if we developed them with patience and faith. 

As you said, lawyers, doctors,... are expected know all, but younger apprentices always get support and opportunities before becoming top in profession themselves.

Bats should not be classed as a "young apprentice" anymore. He has had support and opportunities in Belgium and France. He is 24 years old.

I'm sure all our young players get support behind the scenes and Michy has gotten opportunities, but if he doesn't perform like expected then I'm not surprised about this loan.

15 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

Bats should not be classed as a "young apprentice" anymore. He has had support and opportunities in Belgium and France. He is 24 years old.

I'm sure all our young players get support behind the scenes and Michy has gotten opportunities, but if he doesn't perform like expected then I'm not surprised about this loan.

I find players in football as someone who needs support based on their experience rather than age. 

Luca Toni comes to my mind. He was 28 when he made his breakthrough in fiorentina (he was already good in palermo but fiorentina was truly the step forward before he went to bayern at 30). 

So what if Bats was 24? Yes he is older, but that doesnt mean he is there on top to lead the team. Same for Bakayoko or Morata who are 23 and 25. Same for Drogba who was 26. 

Its all what was before. You have Eden who was destroying ligue 1 at 21. Or Kante who led leicester to title. Or Torres who was regular scorer for Pool. Some did succeed, some didnt. 

But point is some players are ready sooner and some arent. And those who are not need more time and trust. It doesnt mean they will never make it. 

I mean what did you expect when Morata and when Costa arrived? Both were 25. But I expected for Costa to be instant impact while Morata needed at least one season IMO. 

It also goes to say 10, 15 years ago 18 year olds had already same mentality to those of 24 year olds now. Younger generations completely changed since internet became everything. Not to mention where they are coming from. 

Michy might be 24, but its clear he isnt ready mentaly and needs quality, organised environment around him. 

To others belief he is shit and will never make it in top team, I wont be surprised if he is top striker on the level of Salah or Kdb once. 

Footballover likes this

43 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Excellent! Hopefully this run lasts until summer so we can sell him for a decent amount and then buy a better player.

Meh, as long as there's a buy-back clause

Good5293e87f1d10233f646f6364afb5cdcf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

He doesn't want a repeat of Salah, De Bruyne, etc