Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

Man we paid 30m for this guy and he's killing it. Idk what Conte's problem is with him but the board needs to step in and say no to Lerontte and give Bats a damn chance. Bats is probably as good as Morata given a chance. 

35 minutes ago, Barbara said:

Wot? :blink:

You guys really believe Morata and Michy are in the same bracket? 

I've read shit, controversial, stupid and crazy things at this forum before, but damn it if this one isn't the wildest. 

As for his match today he continued from where he stopped last season. But clearly he's a player that relies more on confidence than average. Started very selfish, but from the badly ruled out goal on, he was very good. 

I think he's a great sub for Morata as I believe there's an ocean apart between both.

Morata scored important goals in UCL final and semifinals, was important to Real Madrid last season and proved his worth. It's just that with the league at stake after so many years without winning, Zidane didn't have the balls to replace Benz in the team. His call, it worked out for him, but Morata was much better... 

I'm not downgrading Michy at all, but those assessments are craziness for me... 

Idk what levels they're on but all I know is Bats has scored every time he gets time but Conte seems to not like him much. Almost feels like he was a board signing and Conte wants to prove a point. 

Great Michy, really happy for this guy!

As for Morata comparison... I think Michy is still too raw for that comparison. I've rarely seen him scoring one-on-ones, headers or I don't know, any poacher's goals. It seems more that he likes to create chances for himself, a lot more than converting what others have created. Seems like he need to work on converting those "easy", poacher and one-on-one chances.

Morata, when he was played as main striker, WAS all that, at Juventus. And let's not forget that he is almost 10 cm taller, UCL proven, etc etc.

It's not criticizing Michy, they are both very good, but Morata is currently level above. I also think that the two could play together, with Hazard just behind them.

1 hour ago, Chelsea? said:

Idk what levels they're on but all I know is Bats has scored every time he gets time but Conte seems to not like him much. Almost feels like he was a board signing and Conte wants to prove a point. 

And his character and personality,and attitude seem like a player with a good fit for what Cfc stands for imho on and off the pitch.

1 hour ago, El P. said:

Great Michy, really happy for this guy!

As for Morata comparison... I think Michy is still too raw for that comparison. I've rarely seen him scoring one-on-ones, headers or I don't know, any poacher's goals. It seems more that he likes to create chances for himself, a lot more than converting what others have created. Seems like he need to work on converting those "easy", poacher and one-on-one chances.

Morata, when he was played as main striker, WAS all that, at Juventus. And let's not forget that he is almost 10 cm taller, UCL proven, etc etc.

It's not criticizing Michy, they are both very good, but Morata is currently level above. I also think that the two could play together, with Hazard just behind them.

The biggest strength of Michy by far is that he scores easily out of the blue. In games that are completely locked with no chances he can force a goal without anybody else involved. His biggest disadvantage is that he sometimes miss the goals that were offered him on a plate. But I can live with that, the first thing can make him the best striker in the world in the future.

1 hour ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

All the hype about "world class" Costa (he's not world class) and Batman continue to make him look inept with not just goals but brilliant all round displays. It's a shame he didn't get a proper run in last season. He's a very talented player and I think we have a potential player on our hands. Conte needs to manage him properly next season. 

Hyping things up after a pre season game? 

It is a bit funny seeing all the love for him now. 

Most were slating him on here as not good enough because Conte said so... We never saw him play, and people on here were pretending as if their in depth analysis were valid after seeing him make 3 minute sub appearances. 

One thing that stood out, and has been a constant is that he is a dynamic player with some good link up play. 

9 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

What he showed today that I never thought he was capable of was EXCELLENT link up play and an above average ability to hold up the ball. Took me by surprise!

100% agree with this statement, but the only thing that pissed me off was his stupid low hit Piss poor power shots, better decision making needed should of put William through but decided to shoot, I no strikers shoot on sight but what's makes good strikers great is been able to put a ball in the net or make that pass for some one eles too score.

7 hours ago, BluesMadLad said:

100% agree with this statement, but the only thing that pissed me off was his stupid low hit Piss poor power shots, better decision making needed should of put William through but decided to shoot, I no strikers shoot on sight but what's makes good strikers great is been able to put a ball in the net or make that pass for some one eles too score.

Part of his learning curve.

22 hours ago, MCM4PR3Z said:

The biggest strength of Michy by far is that he scores easily out of the blue. In games that are completely locked with no chances he can force a goal without anybody else involved. His biggest disadvantage is that he sometimes miss the goals that were offered him on a plate. But I can live with that, the first thing can make him the best striker in the world in the future.

You can live with that, but I don't think he can. Why? When striker, especially this young, misses some of those "easy" chances, he could easily lose his head. It's never good for a striker, nor for a team, him to miss sitters.

On 7/22/2017 at 9:51 PM, Barbara said:

I've read shit, controversial, stupid and crazy things at this forum before, but damn it if this one isn't the wildest. 

As for his match today he continued from where he stopped last season. But clearly he's a player that relies more on confidence than average. Started very selfish, but from the badly ruled out goal on, he was very good. 

I think he's a great sub for Morata as I believe there's an ocean apart between both.

Morata scored important goals in UCL final and semifinals, was important to Real Madrid last season and proved his worth. It's just that with the league at stake after so many years without winning, Zidane didn't have the balls to replace Benz in the team. His call, it worked out for him, but Morata was much better... 

Not sure why it is crazy ... If your striker can give u the goals then how good is he technically becomes secondary. And that how I look at a player, he needs to deliver what he is employed for & be consistent about it. I mentioned it before that individual talent/potentials are very subjective ... for u a X player will be more talented than Y but for others Y would be more than X. Simple logic. 

I think what everyone were pointing (including me) is that if we are to invest into potentials then we should also consider the ones we have in hand, Bats didnt do a bad job last season when called upon ... Among the list of strikers on the market baring Aubameyang who is head and tails above the Batshiyais, the Morattas, the Bellotis in terms of performance the rest are pretty much in the same boat. They might be less talented or more but in terms of performance they are still looked as potentials. 
Anyways guess now our discussion wouldnt have much value since we already got our player ... Hoping that both our strikers can give out the good performances that is expected out of them. 

On 2017. 07. 22. at 6:21 PM, Barbara said:

Morata scored 3-4 important goals in for Juventus 2 years ago, that's it, that's his carrer so far. I really support him and want him to be great but at the age of 25 he has only scored 40 goals in his carrer, so I don't think we should act like he was Suarez or Lewandowski. We paid lot of money for him only because Conte has faith in him but he hasn't shown shit yet.