Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

I'm beginning to accept that he could just be our main striker next season. We've struggled to sign anyone more than £38mil and even with the increased Premier League revenue we still can't. People can say we tried but all I see is excuses and putting in bids when we know that a deal is not possible anymore (haggling over 10mil for months, then matching Everton's lukaku request after manutd has already come with the offer, haggling with Juventus for Sandro for months then their league rival comes in and takes their vice captain without much hassle then we put in €70mil to save face etc) we suck at convincing players to push through the transfer and demand to come to us.

So we might have to make do with batshuayi because no decent striker costs less than £60mil in today's market. And we have a 6 years barrier we haven't crossed. 

20 hours ago, yuvala said:

Very talented but not sure he's got that x-factor in him

He sure does have that x-factor in him, otherwise people wouldn't be so excited to see him play. He still has things to work on, but if we go with him as the main striker this season I wouldn't be so bothered about it.

If it comes down to Morata for our only option left in the striker department then I wouldn't even be mad if we miss out on him as well. Might be a bit unpopular but I don't think the difference in quality between Michy and Morata is any big. 70m down the drain for a striker who hasn't shown that he is a clear level or two above Michy is very risky business. I think it should be Belotti/Auba or nothing right now. If we're gonna sign a striker who's gonna start for us then let it be a top class one. 

7 minutes ago, Hybrid Angel said:

If it comes down to Morata for our only option left in the striker department then I wouldn't even be mad if we miss out on him as well. Might be a bit unpopular but I don't think the difference in quality between Michy and Morata is any big. 70m down the drain for a striker who hasn't shown that he is a clear level or two above Michy is very risky business. I think it should be Belotti/Auba or nothing right now. If we're gonna sign a striker who's gonna start for us then let it be a top class one. 

I am leaning towards the same. If we want to shed out 70m for a striker we can as well wait for someone to be worth that. Michy showed glimpses of class every time he played, he is still raw even though he is older than me. But he deserves a chance. The only thing clubs that Dortmund, Atletico, Monaco or other clubs who develop great strikers year in year out is that they give them a chance, let them perform average for a couple of games until they found their rhythm, then soon they will be worth the kind of money we are prepared to pay for a player who is just as talented but just had more of a chance to shine. We almost won the league and reached the semis of the CL with a strikeforce of an over the hill Eto'o, Torrid and Demba fucking Ba. add a cup win to this and I would call this a decent season. + our midfield is way better now than it was back then. Our defence and goalie are still both among the top 5 in the world imo. 

There is no point at all buying Morata when the difference between him and Michy is minuscule. If we are to upgrade then we have to go looking for rounded, polished and top quality strikers. The knock on effect of this then impacts and gives the bench depth, which when playing CL football and fixtures become stacked, you need. Having MB and then say Llorente and Remy is no good, one injury from disaster, yet having say an Aguero as the main striker and Michy as the second option it works IMO.

I've said from the start I do not rate Morata anywhere near as much as some.

If the idea is to pay in excess of 70+m for 23-24 yr olds who are nothing but still one season wonder or Madrid rejects then giving Batshuayi a chance as the main man seems more reasonable. He might not be as talented (which is subjective) as the other in the same category but he did fine for us last season ... as someone pointed he is still raw but can be groomed.

High time we start having a little faith in our investments ... Right now, the odds seems to be against him to succeed but for me there is that same hope that I will have from the Moratas or the Bellotis. 

1 minute ago, mccg said:

Still not late to get Dembele who can cover a number of positions and will undoubtedly be one of the best players in the world in a couple years.

On 7/19/2017 at 4:52 AM, Hybrid Angel said:

On 7/19/2017 at 5:11 AM, Magic Lamps said:

I am leaning towards the same. If we want to shed out 70m for a striker we can as well wait for someone to be worth that. Michy showed glimpses of class every time he played, he is still raw even though he is older than me. But he deserves a chance. The only thing clubs that Dortmund, Atletico, Monaco or other clubs who develop great strikers year in year out is that they give them a chance, let them perform average for a couple of games until they found their rhythm, then soon they will be worth the kind of money we are prepared to pay for a player who is just as talented but just had more of a chance to shine. We almost won the league and reached the semis of the CL with a strikeforce of an over the hill Eto'o, Torrid and Demba fucking Ba. add a cup win to this and I would call this a decent season. + our midfield is way better now than it was back then. Our defence and goalie are still both among the top 5 in the world imo. 

On 7/19/2017 at 6:30 AM, Special Juan said:

There is no point at all buying Morata when the difference between him and Michy is minuscule. If we are to upgrade then we have to go looking for rounded, polished and top quality strikers. The knock on effect of this then impacts and gives the bench depth, which when playing CL football and fixtures become stacked, you need. Having MB and then say Llorente and Remy is no good, one injury from disaster, yet having say an Aguero as the main striker and Michy as the second option it works IMO.

I've said from the start I do not rate Morata anywhere near as much as some.

On 7/19/2017 at 7:47 AM, coolhead23 said:

If the idea is to pay in excess of 70+m for 23-24 yr olds who are nothing but still one season wonder or Madrid rejects then giving Batshuayi a chance as the main man seems more reasonable. He might not be as talented (which is subjective) as the other in the same category but he did fine for us last season ... as someone pointed he is still raw but can be groomed.

High time we start having a little faith in our investments ... Right now, the odds seems to be against him to succeed but for me there is that same hope that I will have from the Moratas or the Bellotis. 

Wot? :blink:

You guys really believe Morata and Michy are in the same bracket? 

I've read shit, controversial, stupid and crazy things at this forum before, but damn it if this one isn't the wildest. 

As for his match today he continued from where he stopped last season. But clearly he's a player that relies more on confidence than average. Started very selfish, but from the badly ruled out goal on, he was very good. 

I think he's a great sub for Morata as I believe there's an ocean apart between both.

Morata scored important goals in UCL final and semifinals, was important to Real Madrid last season and proved his worth. It's just that with the league at stake after so many years without winning, Zidane didn't have the balls to replace Benz in the team. His call, it worked out for him, but Morata was much better... 

I'm not downgrading Michy at all, but those assessments are craziness for me...