Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

I knew it that he would score today. Should've scored twice, but more luck next time. Amazing guy, really happy for him.
And I don't think it's likely to start a match with both Michy and Costa, unless we bring in another striker. Now we only have them and that would mean no ST on the bench.

Its a shame that we don't have the right players to start with a 4-4-2 every week. IMO, for a 4-4-2 to work in this league, you need 2 conventional wingers who are always willing to track back and 2 CMs who are prepared to run like hell.

Of course, if Cesc can adjust his game to try and control it from deep, without having to go forward as much during the game...him and Kante sitting back could make it work. But then we become overly reliant on the creativity of our wingers and forwards.

BADMON BATSMAN strikes again!

What an impact sub. 

Like I've been saying, there's no need for Lukaku. We've got a gem in Batshuayi. So happy to see him pick up where he left off for Marsielle. 

If he scored on that immaculate turn and placed in into the upper 90 to put us up 3-1, I think I would have exploded. 

And to think he was thiiiiiiiiisssssss close to playing for West Ham/Crystal Palace/Spurs, what a tragedy that would have been. 

I know Ive been pro Lukaku and while I do think he would be good here I think for this season we shouldn't get anotrher striker. Wait till next season in Europe.

We aint seen much oif him for whatever reason but I'd love to see him starting with Diego and some proper defenders in a 3-5-2. Him and N'Golo may end up being the 2 best buys of the EPL season.

Im hoping this hype train stops soon because if Bats hits bad run, this thread will turn into Oscars. 

Apart from high price, little was expected from Bats. Good player, but lot to prove.

I saw, Bats was influental in both games realy promising, but the thread looks like he is the second coming of Messi and the rants will be endless if he doesnt perform like that. 

34 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Im hoping this hype train stops soon because if Bats hits bad run, this thread will turn into Oscars. 

Apart from high price, little was expected from Bats. Good player, but lot to prove.

Hopefully people remember that his price was dictated by a hugely inflated transfer market. Hell of a lot of money but £32m last summer probably would of been around £20m. 

This guy has a great attitude though, very likeable and our fans will always get behind a player who gives his all, whatever the price. 

Wow, for me he looks to be a very, very good signing. He's young and strong, and he's got that eye for goals. For now he's a perfect 2nd striker for us, as he can make an impact when he goes on the pitch. And for sure, during this season there will be many chances for him to show his ability in the starting lineup. As he gets more comfortable with the Premier League and English football, I can see him becoming a very good striker in the future. He might be our 1st choice striker one day, depending on what we do in the transfer market.

5 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

To me, price was fair for such a young and talented striker. I said from day one this guy is better than Lukaku, and we got him for £32m, far below the ridiculous asking price for Lukaku.  "Good" player? He will score around 20 goals this season if he plays regularly for us. "Lot to prove"? He will. Be sure.

8 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

I saw, Bats was influental in both games realy promising, but the thread looks like he is the second coming of Messi and the rants will be endless if he doesnt perform like that. 

I don't think anyone here is adamant he's the finished article yet but surely you can understand the hype? He's quick, powerful, two footed, good technically, skillful, great with his back to goal, can finish from acute angles & most important has a big personality that most great strikers have.

The only question marks with him are his decision making & maybe aerial ability. I think Conte is the best possible coach to fix the former.

34 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

I don't think anyone here is adamant he's the finished article yet but surely you can understand the hype? He's quick, powerful, two footed, good technically, skillful, great with his back to goal, can finish from acute angles & most important has a big personality that most great strikers have.

The only question marks with him are his decision making & maybe aerial ability. I think Conte is the best possible coach to fix the former.

Agreed. I read it on Twitter and I pass it on here - best "project" player we've signed in years. Probably since KdB. And we've signed lots of them. Michy looks like he is the real deal though he cost accordingly as much. Would have been a masterstroke if he was signed from Standard 2 years ago for 6m€ but it is what it is, still looks great.

1 hour ago, Gilvorak said:

If he does well (hopefully) it will be fine, but if not, you can already see the people get dissapointed, because the expectations and excitement are getting too high right now.

Lets see the situation in january. If he keeps playing well, then only then I will get more excited. I mean, he was good in ligue 1 and has had great start to PL, but so did Oscar or Pedro. I would wait few months before getting all crazy about Bats. People get their expectations too high and then they can never be satisfied, just look at Costa thread. I hope Michy doesnt have few bad games because then people will start saying he is overrated lol.

Give Bats time and if he has great season or even half of it, the hype should start. But after two games? Nah.

now that Michy Batshuayi has left Olympique Marseille they are even worse now than before he left.

Marseille just lost 2 - 1 and are now 16th in ligue 1 and have drawn their first game 0 - 0 and lost their 2nd game 2 - 1 .

they absolutely have no creativity now at all.

http://www.sofascore.com/team/football/marseille/1641 - their profile on sofascore.com

Olympique Marseille 0 - 0 Toulouse

match 1 - http://www.sofascore.com/toulouse-olympique-marseille/QHsGI

Guingamp 2 - 1 Olympique Marseille

match 2 - http://www.sofascore.com/guingamp-olympique-marseille/QHeI