Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

The club are trying to be too smart with this move. It's the kind that will obviously give you a title push but never deliver the ultimate glory. The roll up your sleeves and forget the stars approach. It's a romantic idea but it doesn't work anymore (unless the other top teams spend the season recovering from the last season's doping.) Hopefully we actually sign a player who doesn't need to 'become' great still, and already is.

I just dont know how some ppl overrate those english woods.... you saw them at Euro 2016.. The best striker Kane, Mohamed Alli oh it was Delle Alli, Rooney + mighty defence .. Oh forgot Stearling + Sturidge - who maybe both cost 80mil +.. 

I prefer players from different countries.. . 

5 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I'm not one of those who was calling for Pat to be brought into Chelsea's  squad.

After watching Pat play for the development teams following his arrival from Forest I'm afraid I wrote off his chances of ever becoming a Chelsea first-teamer. Someone recently posted the opinion that Pat had outgrown the Championship but I think that's wrong. I hope for Pat's sake that this may be true one day but I'm not convinced it ever will be. It certainly is not true at the moment.

Batshuayi, on the other hand, does look to me to have the quality required to make the grade for Chelsea. That's not to say it's guaranteed but, in my opinion, his skills give him a chance, whereas Pat's do not.

For me, judgement always trumps statistics. Van Persie produced outstanding stats at PSV then Kezman produced even better ones. Once having watched the two players however, only an idiot could have concluded that Kezman was the better player. I doubt any of us who use this site would have required more than 15 minutes to see that van Persie was a quality footballer and that Kezman was not. 

Like I said not denying what you're stating ... That's your opinion and will respect it. 

For me, I would look into our pool for potential if I have give a chance rather than looking outside. Simple as that! 

P.S: Never thought Kezman was world class ... he was crap 

Mircea Rednic (Romanian coach) managed Standard Liege for a year (2012/2013), when Batshuayi played there. He was live today in the morning show for the main sports channel here in Romania. He confirmed that Batshuayi has signed for Chelsea, said that Batshuayi called him yesterday and gave him the news.

4 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

P.S: Never thought Kezman was world class ... he was crap

You are right of course. :(

If you are saying that you think Patrick is good and that he therefore deserves a chance at Chelsea then, although I vehemently disagree with it, I nevertheless respect it as an opinion. If however anyone says Pat's young so give him a chance, that cuts no ice with me. Youngsters don't deserve games because they are young, they deserve minutes if they are young and they are good. Before they get those minutes, they must persuade someone that they deserve them. Patrick has not yet made a strong case for himself to any Chelsea manager and nor did he to Alan Pardue.

3 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Mircea Rednic (Romanian coach) managed Standard Liege for a year (2012/2013), when Batshuayi played there. He was live today in the morning show for the main sports channel here in Romania. He confirmed that Batshuayi has signed for Chelsea, said that Batshuayi called him yesterday and gave him the news.

Thank you, that sounds a very convincing source.

Good news I think.

40 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

You are right of course. :(

If you are saying that you think Patrick is good and that he therefore deserves a chance at Chelsea then, although I vehemently disagree with it, I nevertheless respect it as an opinion. If however anyone says Pat's young so give him a chance, that cuts no ice with me. Youngsters don't deserve games because they are young, they deserve minutes if they are young and they are good. Before they get those minutes, they must persuade someone that they deserve them. Patrick has not yet made a strong case for himself to any Chelsea manager and nor did he to Alan Pardue.

Well ... we could have used him as a third striker ... Not because he was young but he had a decent run at Middlesborg 2 season back (atleast it warrant him a chance) ... 

People need to stop romanticizing the academy. Batshuayi is being brought in because he's proven himself in a top league. This nonsense that Ligue 1 is like the championship is ridiculous. Bamford isn't good enough end of. Doesn't mean Batshuayi will be successful at Chelsea but why play insanely long odds when you can get decent odds. 

11 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

Going back to the Bamford subject, when he was on fire 2 season back and Batshuayi was not heard of ... lot of us wanting him here but since last season he is not be discussed .... Hence the example of Bamford. 

Like I said for me these are potentials and not world class players who are actually ready ... And when it comes to potentials we got ample of those in our backyard :)Like I said for me these are potentials and not world class players who are actually ready ... And when it comes to potentials we got ample of those in our backyard :)

"Bamford was on fire and Batshuayi was not heard of".

My perspective is different:  Batshuayi was on fire and Bambord was never heard of. Michy was on fire with Standard de Liège in Belgium and with Marseille in France. Michy is also selected as first striker in the Belgian squad for the quarter final of the Euro championship, along with Hazard, De Bruyne, Naingolan, and the likes. Michy is more skilled and talented by far than Lukaku and we got it for half the price. But please do not estimate him on today's match.

"these are potentials and not world class players who are actually ready ... And when it comes to potentials we got ample of those in our backyard"

Michy is indeed not yet a world class player. He needs a world class coach to become a world class player. Conte will make it. You claim that we do have 'ample of those in our backyard". I fully disagree. Michy is outstanding. Bramfort or whatever his name and all the likes are just peanuts as compared to Michy. Recall also that there are very few top strikers available on the market. In this case, our Board made the correct decision, imo.

Michy will destroy our opponents under the coaching of Conte. Best news for long.

3 hours ago, Leif said:

The club are trying to be too smart with this move. It's the kind that will obviously give you a title push but never deliver the ultimate glory. The roll up your sleeves and forget the stars approach. It's a romantic idea but it doesn't work anymore (unless the other top teams spend the season recovering from the last season's doping.) Hopefully we actually sign a player who doesn't need to 'become' great still, and already is.

Huh ? It's exactly the right idea.

Chelsea are off the market for major stars.

Buying players when they are not too young and inexperienced that they need nurturing and not too developed to be considered established star - which would make their price skyrocket and cut chances to buy to very slim.

Here we have a player who is already good enough to trust him with many minutes but not developed enough to have star status - and according price. He has enough experience to play A LOT and develop into star while playing.

Please don't tell me it's not the right formula because that was something that has given success to so many teams.

24 minutes ago, BXL70 said:

"Bamford was on fire and Batshuayi was not heard of".

My perspective is different:  Batshuayi was on fire and Bambord was never heard of. Michy was on fire with Standard de Liège in Belgium and with Marseille in France. Michy is also selected as first striker in the Belgian squad for the quarter final of the Euro championship, along with Hazard, De Bruyne, Naingolan, and the likes. Michy is more skilled and talented by far than Lukaku and we got it for half the price. But please do not estimate him on today's match.

"these are potentials and not world class players who are actually ready ... And when it comes to potentials we got ample of those in our backyard"

Michy is indeed not yet a world class player. He needs a world class coach to become a world class player. Conte will make it. You claim that we do have 'ample of those in our backyard". I fully disagree. Michy is outstanding. Bramfort or whatever his name and all the likes are just peanuts as compared to Michy. Recall also that there are very few top strikers available on the market. In this case, our Board made the correct decision, imo.

Michy will destroy our opponents under the coaching of Conte. Best news for long.

I don't know as much about Batshuyai as you do so I can't be as bullish as you are about his prospects but I know that I like what I see and that what I have seen (90 minutes vs Rennes + youtube) suggests to me he is a level above Patrick Bamford, who, with or without the addition of Batshuyai, would not hold down a place in our squad in my opinion. Let's give chances to people whose skills give them a chance, let's not invest false hopes in players whose skills make further progress a challenge for them.

You will of course make your own choice about it, but one thing I think we do owe our players is enough respect to at least try to get their names right. :)

42 minutes ago, Leif said:

Well I thought he was anonymous last night

I saw your post on the last page so I know this is not a sarcastic comment. Do you realise what time he came on? IMO, should of come on a lot earlier.