Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

A wild rumour(The Sun) i was reading yesterday says Cfc are one of a couple interested big clubs for the new talent from Standard Liege.

Batshuayi(18) is playing his first season as a first team member at Standard. Scoring 8 times out of 24 apparences.

A Spanish newspaper calls him a mix between Lukaku and Balotelli. He's fast, can dribble and scores very easy.

• 1 year later...

Everton is allready looking for players to replace Lukaku when he (probably) leaves at the end of the season. Michy Batshuayi could be that player according to some media. The young Belgian is having another great season at Standard Liege scoring 16 goals and assisting 4 in all competitions.

Last week there were some rumoures that Anderlecht wanted to loan him from an English club, altough Everton is not the club who would likely sent him out on loan. Chelsea are rumoured to still be interested.

Batshuayi has a €8m price tag.

Lots of young striking talent and given Benteke's shocking form I'm wondering if Basthuayi is going to get a look at the national team. Granted Belgium is really emphasizing their youth teams so he may just stay with the U21s. Can't forget about Divock Origi at Lille either altough h'es not a striker per se.

• 1 month later...

So is the consensus that he is better than Lukaku and Bentenke ? would it be worth it if we offloaded Lukaku so buy top striker trying to bring him in? I doon't watch Juplier league so I need our Great Belgium support to give me an idea

So is the consensus that he is better than Lukaku and Bentenke ? would it be worth it if we offloaded Lukaku so buy top striker trying to bring him in? I doon't watch Juplier league so I need our Great Belgium support to give me an idea

Lukaku was more dominant in the Belgian League than Batshuayi atm. Admittedly due to his physique mostly. He's a talent but it's hard to predict how he'd fare in a top league. Might be a hidden gem, technically he's a lot better than Lukaku and Benteke.

Better is a relative term. Each of three bring something different.

Lukaku is a great poacher, Benteke is a an excellent target man, and Bats is kinda like Sturridge imo

• 3 months later...

According to Standard president Duchatelet 15 club are interested Swansea is one of them he confirmed. They promised Michy they will work together to find him a good club that makes the right offer.

Everton and Benfica were two teams allready showed interest little time ago.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

He's been great for Marseille as a third striker. He's extremely talented so if his head is screwed on right he's capable of big things. Had two goals yesterday for Marseille after coming on for Gignac at halftime.

He has 6 goals in the last 5 league games for Marseille and he's only played 199 minutes during that time.