Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

Am I the only one thinking he could actually work out under Sarri? His style is similar to Dortmunds, attacking with a lot of players, lots of movement and chances created. Maybe a pure finisher would be better than someone who participated to much in the build up play but is not found in goalscoring positions. also what i like about Bats opposite to Morata, is when BAts misses a chance he gets his head ou tof his ass and tries again, never loses courage and confidence whilst Morata will start moaning and diving around.

21 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Am I the only one thinking he could actually work out under Sarri? His style is similar to Dortmunds, attacking with a lot of players, lots of movement and chances created. Maybe a pure finisher would be better than someone who participated to much in the build up play but is not found in goalscoring positions. also what i like about Bats opposite to Morata, is when BAts misses a chance he gets his head ou tof his ass and tries again, never loses courage and confidence whilst Morata will start moaning and diving around.

Nope I feel the exact same way been saying this for a few months - we sell Morata bring in a GK or RW - I would keep Giroud and Tammy around and go that way

Apparently if you believe RMC Sport, Sarri has assured Michy that he will be relied on this season. I so badly want Michy to come good, he is a great character and seems like he genuinely loves and enjoys being a Chelsea player. He is a confidence player and needs the support of his manager, Conte did not offer that to him and he floundered. Say what you will about the Bundesliga, but in his short time he showed he could bang goals. I hope he comes back and comes good at Chelsea under Sarri. A fresh reset and new system might be exactly what he needs. 

11 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Apparently if you believe RMC Sport, Sarri has assured Michy that he will be relied on this season. I so badly want Michy to come good, he is a great character and seems like he genuinely loves and enjoys being a Chelsea player. He is a confidence player and needs the support of his manager, Conte did not offer that to him and he floundered. Say what you will about the Bundesliga, but in his short time he showed he could bang goals. I hope he comes back and comes good at Chelsea under Sarri. A fresh reset and new system might be exactly what he needs. 

Would love this to be true but taking everything in to consideration, can we afford to take a risk with him. Morata is also in the same situation really, we are going in to next season hoping one of these comes good for goals.

6 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

Would love this to be true but taking everything in to consideration, can we afford to take a risk with him. Morata is also in the same situation really, we are going in to next season hoping one of these comes good for goals.

Can we afford to take the risk? probably not. Does it feel like we are going to take the risk? yes. The market for Morata has dried up so we are shifting to reclamation mode. We are essentially banking on either Morata or Bats to start firing & either Barkley or RLC to come good for that Hamsik role. If we can't secure the targets we want in the transfer market, which essentially feels like Martial or bust for the striker position, which would then still leave Morata here and a problem of Martial wanting to be striker but Morata/Bats/Giroud are here. Time is ticking down and to get our striker target it then involves moving 2 players while buying a RW which is extremely difficult. So i have turned my focus and hopes from new targets to Sarri breathing confidence into our talented yet under performing players. Morata/Bats/RLC/Barkley have tantalizing talent, just feels like they all need confidence and belief. I am not confident in the plan but all we can do is hope it works out at this moment.

Maurizio Sarri sends message to Michy Batshuayi over Chelsea future

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/batshuayi-set-chelsea-stay/

https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/31/maurizio-sarri-sends-message-michy-batshuayi-chelsea-future-7781371/

Hopefully Sarri can coach him like he did with Mertens last season , hopefully the style and tactics will help Batman also!

38 minutes ago, whats happening said:

only if he could be less selfish and doesnt shoot the ball everytime he has it in his foot...

Don't see anything wrong with that. If people told Lampard to not be so selfish, he wouldn't have been one of the best goal scoring midfielders. 

25 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I would be on board for trying with him if he had the basic intelligence in general play, with him we are down to ten unless the balls about 10 yards from goal.

Agree that side of his game needs some serious coaching from Sarri. But he looked a lot more confident at Dortmund and a far better player as a result. Something as simple as Sarri's faith and confidence in him may bring a lot more out of him.

Also whilst we need him to be able to help with the build up play at times, it's far more important we have a striker willing to make the right runs off the defence and in the right positions to finish. The change in style should create more chances than we were creating last season and we need someone to finish those chances. On current reflection, I would have to say that Bats is probably the best bet for finishing those chances over Giroud and Morata.

5 hours ago, It's too big said:

Don't see anything wrong with that. If people told Lampard to not be so selfish, he wouldn't have been one of the best goal scoring midfielders. 

That's like saying Bats is anywhere near Lamps when it comes to intelligence in the footballing sense. Lamps had the vision to make shots when he felt it wouldnt fuck up our general play, Bats doesnt. 

12 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Agree that side of his game needs some serious coaching from Sarri. But he looked a lot more confident at Dortmund and a far better player as a result. Something as simple as Sarri's faith and confidence in him may bring a lot more out of him.

Also whilst we need him to be able to help with the build up play at times, it's far more important we have a striker willing to make the right runs off the defence and in the right positions to finish. The change in style should create more chances than we were creating last season and we need someone to finish those chances. On current reflection, I would have to say that Bats is probably the best bet for finishing those chances over Giroud and Morata.

It helped with Dortmund that they played a more attacking system but even then in some of his games i saw the flaws were so evident. While Bats is unquestionably the best finisher of the 3 his movement far out from goal is so horrific the whole team become easier to defend against as a result, even Morata at his absolute worst atleast gets the basics as far as that's concerned.

The Norwich home game in the FA Cup sums up Batshauyi for me, well taken goal but was also the main reason we couldn't sustain any serious attacks.

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

It helped with Dortmund that they played a more attacking system but even then in some of his games i saw the flaws were so evident. While Bats is unquestionably the best finisher of the 3 his movement far out from goal is so horrific the whole team become easier to defend against as a result, even Morata at his absolute worst atleast gets the basics as far as that's concerned.

The Norwich home game in the FA Cup sums up Batshauyi for me, well taken goal but was also the main reason we couldn't sustain any serious attacks.

Yeah the hope under Sarri is by playing a high line and shortening the pitch, pinning teams back will result in creating more openings inside the penalty area - this is where he should be alive and thrive under this system.

The games against the bigger teams where we won't have things our own way as much I agree could be more of an issue. Again though that comes down partly to Sarri to coach what he wants him to do and partly Batshuayi to learn and develop. 

With no clear links to any strikers now Higuain seems Milan bound, he does seem our best chance of a player that could potentially push towards the 20 goal mark we desperately need.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Looks like he's staying. Will he be fine with being a cup player, though? Especially knowing he could go to a fairly big club and start every game?

Most definitely not. If he doesn't get game time he will be shipped out in January.

It's a little puzzling that he is still here. Surely he is behind both Giroud and Morata, so why keep him here and see his value reduced? Surely it would be better to send him out on loan to get game time, or sell him before his value takes a hit while he sits on the bench or even outside of our 18 man squad on match days.

28 minutes ago, Panic said:

Most definitely not. If he doesn't get game time he will be shipped out in January.

It's a little puzzling that he is still here. Surely he is behind both Giroud and Morata, so why keep him here and see his value reduced? Surely it would be better to send him out on loan to get game time, or sell him before his value takes a hit while he sits on the bench or even outside of our 18 man squad on match days.

It is really not puzzling, the striker position is up for grab and Sarri wants to see if any of them can make the position their own. it is a new system and a new manager, everyone gets a reset.