Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

12 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

*Under this manager.* 

Tbf I can see Michy going to Dortmund in the summer if Conte stays or not. Just don't see him ever starting ahead of Morata or Giroud who offer so much more in general play and playing with the likes of Eden, Willian, Pedro and Cesc. Morata is on a dry run goal wise yes but Giroud is PL proven and will get a good few goals before the seasons over. Morata will probably get some goals again before the season ends, just think a lack of fitness and fatigue from playing every week was perhaps hampering him but now we have 2 good options.

Think he will never be a target man but as we have seen this season we need to evolve as an attacking unit(also defencely+midfield ) would like to see a front 3 of Bats-Hazard-Morata with the flexibility and reliability of the personnel behind, until this we will too predictable and will be playing just for top 4 every season !

48 minutes ago, MCM4PR3Z said:

Like everybody says here. Giroud is world class and PL proven. We will be so happy in a few years we got rid of Bats in favour of Morata and Giroud.

the sarcasm is strong in this one^^

Obviously Giroud-Morata is world class strike force and we will need a few signings to upgrade it for the long-term, however they both fit our playing style much more than Bats. This is not only because of Conte. We are a defensive team and we always have been a defensive team that relies on individual brilliance up front. even before 2012 we had Lampard and Drogba and a supporting cast of varying quality, which ultimately determined the height of our success. when we kept Lamps and Drogs fit and scoring we would at least finish 2nd and win the odd cup,  when the supporting cast was robben and malouda and anleka in the only season they were good we would most definitely win the league, too. but we never really were a team of intricate short passes and one-touch football in the final third for a longer period of time. for the last 3 years we had Costa and Hazard doing the same. And this is where Bats comes into play. He is not the kind of player to create his own chances, win games on his own, so he would never be part of this 2man army to carry us season over season. As we play with only one strikerand have done so for ages now this automatically degrades him to the bench. Hazard and friends are used to have a striker to hold up the ball long enough for them to make runs. Bats is really more or less just a finisher. and as long as Dortmund dominate the ball, peg oppositions back that is all they need. We, chelsea, even approach games agaisnt mid-table opposition in a way more conservative way and rightly so, because in the premier league, every small team fancies its chances, gives it a go and may leave a team like dortmund exposed. against BMG which was a shit game, bats limitations were obvious, dortmund were not that dominant and bats struggled to make an impact. the thing is for dortmund, there are like 4, 5 teams in the league which will make the game that awkward for them, in the epl it is almost always like this.

3 hours ago, MCM4PR3Z said:

Like everybody says here. Giroud is world class and PL proven. We will be so happy in a few years we got rid of Bats in favour of Morata and Giroud.

Are you okay? Michy is on loan mate. Giroud only has an 18 month contract. I’m as angry as the next person about how Conte misused Michy but you shouldn’t make up some false narrative. 

5 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Are you okay? Michy is on loan mate. Giroud only has an 18 month contract. I’m as angry as the next person about how Conte misused Michy but you shouldn’t make up some false narrative. 

Not relative to what the other guy said but I am keen to hear what you mean by 'Conte misused Michy'? Because he did play him and in his right position to which he didn't do anything spectacular. Fair enough hes got something like 20 goals in over 50 appearances in 1 and a half seasons but considering only 7 of those were goals in the PL says a lot.  

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Not relative to what the other guy said but I am keen to hear what you mean by 'Conte misused Michy'? Because he did play him and in his right position to which he didn't do anything spectacular. Fair enough hes got something like 20 goals in over 50 appearances in 1 and a half seasons but considering only 7 of those were goals in the PL says a lot.  

When Costa went anonymous for months and Conte completely ignored Michy for example. When he played Hazard false 9 (which let’s be honest isn’t really effective) instead of Michy for example. Can’t say Conte has been fair with Michy. I know he doesn’t fit his system per se but still. 

When Costa went anonymous for months and Conte completely ignored Michy for example. When he played Hazard false 9 (which let’s be honest isn’t really effective) instead of Michy for example. Can’t say Conte has been fair with Michy. I know he doesn’t fit his system per se but still. 
I wouldn't call that unfair if he really did what he believed was the best for the team, and with these decisions we did end up winning the title. What seemed unfair to me were those few times he subbed him on for literally some seconds deep into stoppage time. Unnecessary and humiliating imo.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, manpe said:

I wouldn't call that unfair if he really did what he believed was the best for the team, and with these decisions we did end up winning the title. What seemed unfair to me were those few times he subbed him on for literally some seconds deep into stoppage time. Unnecessary and humiliating imo.

He did the same this season and it hasn't exactly worked wonders. Hazard as a false nine is the last thing any of us wanted to see

4 hours ago, The Skipper said:

I get you know pal, yeah maybe but Costa (this is going to sound odd) still when he was anonymous and not scoring he wasn't entirely ineffective (sometimes, not all the time, perhaps his fitness played a big part too he always seemed to have wee niggling injuries during the winter and second half of the season). He had a big effect at times even when he wasn't playing great, still occupied defenders, the more aggressive and physical side of his game was a bonus for us as we hadn't had somebody like that since Drogba (although they really were totally different players). Its a real pity Costa and Conte fell out because he has been excellent for Atletico since going back, hes been a huge miss for us although I'm a massive fan of Morata.

Hazard false 9 I agree with, its pointless, Hazard and the team suffers. Plus when Hazard said we don't need another striker because he can play there I was quite shocked because his goal ouput could be better. hes got like 15 for the season in all comps but still think it can be better, not convinced either that hes got that ruthlessness (or maybe you could call it selfishness) that good strikers have. I'm not entirely sure Batshuayi ever did enough to convince Conte though, hes doing good things for BVB but I still think he may struggle to get back in if Conte is still here next year. Maybe he deserved more chances but like manpe said ultimately that first season where Michy rarely played at all until the second half of the season, we went on to win it with Costa having been pivotal, Conte's decisions seemed to work. 

I think at Dortmund Michy will get plenty of minutes, if a new coach comes in here at the summer and we don't potentially pursue a deal for Pulisic from them then odds are maybe he gets a second chance but still slim in my eyes. Giroud for me is a perfect second option (despite him being in his 30s) his game isn't based on pace, he holds it very well and links nicely with attacking midfield players. Morata will be better next season for having struggled during the last 2 months here too, he'll know that he needs to be fitter perhaps because there is no stopping period like Spain and Italy. 

5 hours ago, manpe said:

I even forgot about what you said towards the end of the post. It’s that, plus his constant need for a new target man, plus the things I’ve mentioned before... using Michy like he’s some sort of 17 year old academy product that can’t be trusted whatsoever. Of course Michy isn’t infallible - far from it - and I do understand that he doesn’t fit Conte’s system too well but I feel like Conte could’ve managed the Michy situation far better. He has his deficiencies but he isn’t a completely useless player. 

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

I get you know pal, yeah maybe but Costa (this is going to sound odd) still when he was anonymous and not scoring he wasn't entirely ineffective (sometimes, not all the time, perhaps his fitness played a big part too he always seemed to have wee niggling injuries during the winter and second half of the season). He had a big effect at times even when he wasn't playing great, still occupied defenders, the more aggressive and physical side of his game was a bonus for us as we hadn't had somebody like that since Drogba (although they really were totally different players). Its a real pity Costa and Conte fell out because he has been excellent for Atletico since going back, hes been a huge miss for us although I'm a massive fan of Morata.

Hazard false 9 I agree with, its pointless, Hazard and the team suffers. Plus when Hazard said we don't need another striker because he can play there I was quite shocked because his goal ouput could be better. hes got like 15 for the season in all comps but still think it can be better, not convinced either that hes got that ruthlessness (or maybe you could call it selfishness) that good strikers have. I'm not entirely sure Batshuayi ever did enough to convince Conte though, hes doing good things for BVB but I still think he may struggle to get back in if Conte is still here next year. Maybe he deserved more chances but like manpe said ultimately that first season where Michy rarely played at all until the second half of the season, we went on to win it with Costa having been pivotal, Conte's decisions seemed to work. 

I think at Dortmund Michy will get plenty of minutes, if a new coach comes in here at the summer and we don't potentially pursue a deal for Pulisic from them then odds are maybe he gets a second chance but still slim in my eyes. Giroud for me is a perfect second option (despite him being in his 30s) his game isn't based on pace, he holds it very well and links nicely with attacking midfield players. Morata will be better next season for having struggled during the last 2 months here too, he'll know that he needs to be fitter perhaps because there is no stopping period like Spain and Italy. 

I understand what you’re saying re: Costa. It’s one of the biggest problems with Michy - his presence up front is sometimes very poor, I agree. But we were playing with ten men at times with Costa when his head was turned, and Michy barely got a sniff. How is Michy going to improve at all if you don’t give him any serious minutes? Why couldn’t Conte take a small risk on dropping a very unproductive striker at the time? 

I do agree that Michy going on loan is best for all parties as it stands though. And Giroud is a great back up striker for sure, perfect conduit whilst Michy develops at BVB. The best thing about the 18 month deal is that it keeps our options open. 

17 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

the sarcasm is strong in this one^^

Obviously Giroud-Morata is world class strike force and we will need a few signings to upgrade it for the long-term, however they both fit our playing style much more than Bats. This is not only because of Conte. We are a defensive team and we always have been a defensive team that relies on individual brilliance up front. even before 2012 we had Lampard and Drogba and a supporting cast of varying quality, which ultimately determined the height of our success. when we kept Lamps and Drogs fit and scoring we would at least finish 2nd and win the odd cup,  when the supporting cast was robben and malouda and anleka in the only season they were good we would most definitely win the league, too. but we never really were a team of intricate short passes and one-touch football in the final third for a longer period of time. for the last 3 years we had Costa and Hazard doing the same. And this is where Bats comes into play. He is not the kind of player to create his own chances, win games on his own, so he would never be part of this 2man army to carry us season over season. As we play with only one strikerand have done so for ages now this automatically degrades him to the bench. Hazard and friends are used to have a striker to hold up the ball long enough for them to make runs. Bats is really more or less just a finisher. and as long as Dortmund dominate the ball, peg oppositions back that is all they need. We, chelsea, even approach games agaisnt mid-table opposition in a way more conservative way and rightly so, because in the premier league, every small team fancies its chances, gives it a go and may leave a team like dortmund exposed. against BMG which was a shit game, bats limitations were obvious, dortmund were not that dominant and bats struggled to make an impact. the thing is for dortmund, there are like 4, 5 teams in the league which will make the game that awkward for them, in the epl it is almost always like this.

While I agree with a lot, my biggest issue is with the club and not the manager. Obviously there is no point in keeping a player like Bats if the club isn't getting players for Conte to be able to play his optimal brand of football in every other position. We have always been a defensive team, and it is one of the reasons we never really had a dominant stretch in my opinion, which will become even harder with more money flowing into football now. 

Say what you want, but I respect Liverpool and Tottenham for bringing in a manager, and giving them the talent and time to work in a new system. We seem content with stop gaps, winning a title here or there, then having a shocking season the following year, then fixing again. 

Batshuayi got a fair chance when he got 9 seconds, 15 seconds, 23 seconds, 17 seconds, 12 seconds, 17 seconds, 14 seconds, 23 seconds and 13 seconds. I also believe like everybody here he had to show more in this streak of games. The confidence of Conte in Batsman was all over the place this season.

1 hour ago, MCM4PR3Z said:

Batshuayi got a fair chance when he got 9 seconds, 15 seconds, 23 seconds, 17 seconds, 12 seconds, 17 seconds, 14 seconds, 23 seconds and 13 seconds. I also believe like everybody here he had to show more in this streak of games. The confidence of Conte in Batsman was all over the place this season.

He was the main striker in pre season and started the season as the starting striker and was beyond awful.

He played in the Community shield vs Arsenal and the home League game vs Burnley and fucking wack in both, no one is expecting him to be Messi but we do expect him to resemble a professional footballer. He was losing the ball nearly every single time he got it and wasn't making movements or honest work out of defenders which in turn made our whole attack easier to handle. The following week he scored an own goal and thought it was funny to joke about it (even if he ultimately got away with it, it wasn't funny) then in September more chances, Qarabag again he was terrible, well taken goal at the end but his performance was woeful he was okay va Forest but again had a big chance vs Palace and quickly reverted to failing to even look remotely like a footballer.

Put him 1 on 1 from since yards and he will tuck it away ill give him that, but beyond that he's rubbish.