Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

3 hours ago, Hamilton said:

Confidence does a lot with a footballer

Bats is very much talented, to me he is better than Lukaku. But he was not trusted by Conte, almost humiliated, and he lost his confidence, leading to his latest dreadful performances for Chelsea (but still scored). Hopefully, we loaned out Bats, not same mistakes as with e.g. KDB and MS. But, yes, Conte got it wrong according to me: Bats should have been our primary striker with Morata as second choice. That's politics. 

22 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

tt's not confidence. It's his game. He is scoring the same poacher's goals he has been scoring for us. A team that creates chances for the striker and does not require him to create his own will get one of the best fox-in-the-box striker in Europe in Batshauyi. Dortmund have struggled with poor finishing with Aubameyang but they always created enough chances. Now they have a superior finisher. I would have expected Bats to flourish here if we for one would play with more than 3 attacking players of which Pedro/Willian can not really be considered full attackers with the amount of defensive work they do + their offensive output is erraic. Look at Dortmund's lineup. They startet with 5 genuine attacker. Kagawa and Reus in a 3 man midfield, Schürrle and Pulisic as wingers. Small wonder Dortmund create more chances than us.

Its definately confidence too. We put huge pressure on these players. When they play it feels as someone cut their balls off. 

Bats looks much more relaxed in borussia now, after just a couple games.

Same was with Salah, Kdb...

IMO we as a club have strict business model and its all about business.

We buy players, we expect results, we loan out, if its not working we sell. Like a machine. In, out, in, out. There is no things like faith, patience, belief here. Just a shell that either works or falls apart. 

When player wants out, again, we go straight business. Thats why we sold Matic to United, Cech to Arsenal etc. They pay, we sell. 

It looks like the club is running by numbers and statistics. There is no "personal touch and feelings anywhere.

I dont like it, but thats how it looks. And dont expect players to return any favours then. 

Obviously some players are bit different like Azpi but that is more exception than rule. 

5 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Its definately confidence too. We put huge pressure on these players. When they play it feels as someone cut their balls off. 

If you are at the top of your field, or just working in a high paying field, there is bound to be pressure on you with all the expectations. It doesn't matter if you are a lawyer, scientist, doctor or whatever.

If you can't handle pressure don't be a footballer. You can play sunday league games if you just love football and want to play.

4 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

If you are at the top of your field, or just working in a high paying field, there is bound to be pressure on you with all the expectations. It doesn't matter if you are a lawyer, scientist, doctor or whatever.

If you can't handle pressure don't be a footballer. You can play sunday league games if you just love football and want to play.

Yeah, when we talk about Torres or Eden or Kante where big things are expected from the start since they were proven quality players. 

For some other, younger players its different. They need much more support and you will see it pays off. Young people often take to heart who helped them breakthrough and who just wanted them to perform or be dumped. 

We would have very thankful players in Salah and Kdb if we developed them with patience and faith. 

As you said, lawyers, doctors,... are expected know all, but younger apprentices always get support and opportunities before becoming top in profession themselves.

3 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Yeah, when we talk about Torres or Eden or Kante where big things are expected from the start since they were proven quality players. 

For some other, younger players its different. They need much more support and you will see it pays off. Young people often take to heart who helped them breakthrough and who just wanted them to perform or be dumped. 

We would have very thankful players in Salah and Kdb if we developed them with patience and faith. 

As you said, lawyers, doctors,... are expected know all, but younger apprentices always get support and opportunities before becoming top in profession themselves.

Bats should not be classed as a "young apprentice" anymore. He has had support and opportunities in Belgium and France. He is 24 years old.

I'm sure all our young players get support behind the scenes and Michy has gotten opportunities, but if he doesn't perform like expected then I'm not surprised about this loan.

15 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

Bats should not be classed as a "young apprentice" anymore. He has had support and opportunities in Belgium and France. He is 24 years old.

I'm sure all our young players get support behind the scenes and Michy has gotten opportunities, but if he doesn't perform like expected then I'm not surprised about this loan.

I find players in football as someone who needs support based on their experience rather than age. 

Luca Toni comes to my mind. He was 28 when he made his breakthrough in fiorentina (he was already good in palermo but fiorentina was truly the step forward before he went to bayern at 30). 

So what if Bats was 24? Yes he is older, but that doesnt mean he is there on top to lead the team. Same for Bakayoko or Morata who are 23 and 25. Same for Drogba who was 26. 

Its all what was before. You have Eden who was destroying ligue 1 at 21. Or Kante who led leicester to title. Or Torres who was regular scorer for Pool. Some did succeed, some didnt. 

But point is some players are ready sooner and some arent. And those who are not need more time and trust. It doesnt mean they will never make it. 

I mean what did you expect when Morata and when Costa arrived? Both were 25. But I expected for Costa to be instant impact while Morata needed at least one season IMO. 

It also goes to say 10, 15 years ago 18 year olds had already same mentality to those of 24 year olds now. Younger generations completely changed since internet became everything. Not to mention where they are coming from. 

Michy might be 24, but its clear he isnt ready mentaly and needs quality, organised environment around him. 

To others belief he is shit and will never make it in top team, I wont be surprised if he is top striker on the level of Salah or Kdb once. 

On 2/3/2018 at 6:39 PM, The Skipper said:

It’s what you were insinuating. Each to their own anyway. Conte doesn’t need sound logic or reasons to play players let’s be honest (see Gary Cahill). It’s not really a meritocracy here. Will never forget Conte’s treatment of Michy when Costa basically went missing for 6 months. 

Just found out why I always thought you profile pic pretty cool: Cruyff really looks like Mark Knopfler.