Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

It is not people want everything from a player but that is what it required in modern football. It is no longer enough for a cb to be just good at defending, they have to be good at build up. If you don't have that your build up will always be inferior compare to your opponents, just look as the our build up compare to spurs. Same for a cf, that is the reality. 

I agree that Conte should have played Michy more, not as a starter but to complement Morata. As a single striker, his performance with us was bad, really bad. You forget Michy was our starter over Morata early season but he was awful.  He cannot hold the ball and bring our am into play. You said you want basic thing, for Conte system that is the basic for a cf not scoring. 

It's all dependant on your style. We supposedly bought a ball playing CB in Rudiger. How has that work out this far?

Tevez played as CF most of the time for Juve - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/carlos-tevez/leistungsdaten/spieler/4276/plus/0?saison=2014

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/carlos-tevez/leistungsdaten/spieler/4276/plus/0?saison=2013

Almost 55 goals in two seasons & involved in another 21. Morata alone is the issue and nothing else IMO.

Conte misused Michy. I find hilarious that people complain about Batshuayi’s consistency when Conte plays him 15-30 seconds.

This quite similar to Mourinho KDB situation. And no Michy isn’t as good as Kevin but he’s a lot better than the scraps Conte gave him.

24 minutes ago, Mana said:

Bats played 70+ minutes in a handful of games. Useless in all of those.

I really find this hilarious. One game which is his debut, and a few here is going bonkers pointing fingers at Conte. :lol: 

Better be ready for more next week. Dortmund play another relegation fodder - second from bottom Hamburg.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Better be ready for more next week. Dortmund play another relegation fodder - second from bottom Hamburg.

Laughable init 😂😂 its was useless here in a competitive league, half his first touches ended up here in Yorkshire lol. Now because he's gone to a league that's ruled by one team and scored on his debut he's suddenly become quality. He scored goals here to remember guys still was fucking shite.

13 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

well, I told you so.

Other than we Dortmund create many chances, throw many bodies up front so a stirker who finishes their simply chances is exactly what they need. Well done Bats, hopefully we can resell him expensively. He is just who he is and it is not his fault Conte thinks we need a striker to create his own chances. But then again it has only been one game against the worst side in Bundesliga. There will be tougher challenges.

It’s why PEA thrived. Michy more than capable of filling his boots as he is also a very good finisher. 

3 hours ago, Mana said:

Bats played 70+ minutes in a handful of games. Useless in all of those.

I really find this hilarious. One game which is his debut, and a few here is going bonkers pointing fingers at Conte. :lol: 

You and @Jason actually think Michy was treated fairly here? Has Michy ever even started 3 games in a row here? We know his weaknesses, but let’s not pretend Conte’s been fair with Michy. 

7 hours ago, Jason said:

I never said Batshuayi was treated fairly or unfairly by Conte. But since you brought this up, Bats never gave Conte any reason to play him for consecutive games.

It’s what you were insinuating. Each to their own anyway. Conte doesn’t need sound logic or reasons to play players let’s be honest (see Gary Cahill). It’s not really a meritocracy here. Will never forget Conte’s treatment of Michy when Costa basically went missing for 6 months. 

Think this kinda shows the  + of his game and why CFC signed him and how we can use him next season with the evolution of him and more importantly the squad but that has to come from the back to the midfield . In the end he scores goals with a good ratio!

or 

15 hours ago, LukakutoStamford said:

Conte misused Michy. I find hilarious that people complain about Batshuayi’s consistency when Conte plays him 15-30 seconds.

This quite similar to Mourinho KDB situation. And no Michy isn’t as good as Kevin but he’s a lot better than the scraps Conte gave him.

I'm sorry but I think nothing is similar to what Mourinho did to De Bruyne.

The Mourinho/Mata situation is the one I'd compare this to since both players didn't fit the coach's preferred system/style of play.

14 hours ago, Jason said:

I never said Batshuayi was treated fairly or unfairly by Conte. But since you brought this up, Bats never gave Conte any reason to play him for consecutive games.

Salah didnt give any reason to play back then but look at him now.

I think its funny how people now blame Bats that he will never become good player just to defend Conte or club and even go to a point even if he succeeds it will be in a ''poor'' league where only one team is good. LOL. De Bruyne played there too and is now fucking excellent.

Lets just be honest here, we are dogshit in developing and caresing players with trust and patience. Dogshit. Nearly every younger player performed better elsewhere and before you point out they played in inferior teams where nothing matters, take a look at Salah, KDB, Lukaku who are all now playing for big team. Lukaku is perhaps still not there, but has potential, while other two are doing fantastic job.

I have to laugh at all of you (no disrespect though) when you lowplay Bats and will probably claim he is shit and useless for Chelsea, even if he bangs 15 goals now in Bundesliga.

Fact is we cant develop such players, and indeed he didnt perform well for us, but thats not because he doesnt have potential, but again, because we are crap at developing. We throw them out on pitch, with live or die orders, and expect them to have iron mentality, we expect them to die on that pitch, yet the love isnt bothsided, because if they underperform, the fans will call for their heads imeddiately and the board along with coach will bench them, loan them and sell them first second. Conditions like that are ridiculous. Yes we pay them, but so does every other big club and thats no excuse to just expect them to be like robots now.

If Christensen didnt succeed this season, even with all his potential, he would be on the way out by now. There is no faith and patience for our players, not one bit.

But I can already expect same people who talk crap about Bats, if and when he becomes better, they will blame the board for selling him, while right now, they have no patience and faith in him themselves. Hypocrites.

I would expect people to learn this simple shit by now. We play with one or max two consistent attackers for several years with rest of the squad full-on defensive. Our talented attackers dont succeed because our pragmatic tactics and worst possible environment. There have been many examples mentioned several times and very possibly Bats could be just another one to add to the list.

But he is still our player. Instead of looking at positive side how well he started the career at BVB, nah lets call that league shit, lets say he is shity player and lets go on Giroud bangwagon pretending he will save the club. Reality is in two years, Giroud will leave us frustrated as expected while Bats will perform great for another (probably top PL club).

People didnt like Eden in his bad season called for his head and to be sold, good call he only became the best player we have by big margin since.

People didnt like Costa for his behaviour, celebrated his sale, good call, now we dont have quality striker and people want another one, because paying 70 for Morata didnt work as planned and Costa was actualy fuckin great striker.

Lets just support the players we have when they are not doing well, shall we? Its easy to support them when they are in top form. Bats got new start and lets hope he doest well.

Btw, this isnt only on you Jason, its several fans here who need to see the bigger picture in football, its not all black and white.

10 hours ago, The Skipper said:

It’s what you were insinuating. Each to their own anyway. Conte doesn’t need sound logic or reasons to play players let’s be honest (see Gary Cahill). It’s not really a meritocracy here. Will never forget Conte’s treatment of Michy when Costa basically went missing for 6 months. 

Insinuating? :lol: You got it all wrong, Tom. All I did was merely responding to Mana's point about people suddenly becoming Batshuayi's biggest fan and acting as if they haven't, at one point or another, criticized him in the last 18 months.