Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

Oh, FFS! [emoji23]
Was it Conte out on the pitch all those times not being able to control a football? Was it Conte out there having the ball bounce off him like a brick wall? 
Could Conte have trusted him a bit more and instilled him with more confidence? Yes. But he didn't exactly help himself when he played.
It was Conte who favoured a CF that hasn't looked like scoring in his last 10 games (unable to score with his feet almost all season). This favouritism nonsense is something I despise.

2 goals and an assist: 2-3. Won them the game on his own.

It was Conte who humiliated him with giving him 19 seconds, 5 seconds, 33 second, 24 seconds, 17 seconds, etc. In each game. Conte just hates young players, he is no better than Mou in that regard.

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
41 minutes ago, Pizy said:
Oh, FFS! emoji23.png
Was it Conte out on the pitch all those times not being able to control a football? Was it Conte out there having the ball bounce off him like a brick wall? 
Could Conte have trusted him a bit more and instilled him with more confidence? Yes. But he didn't exactly help himself when he played.

It was Conte who favoured a CF that hasn't looked like scoring in his last 10 games (unable to score with his feet almost all season). This favouritism nonsense is something I despise.

So we are going to pretend like Batshuayi is great but Conte has been ignoring him? Are people really gonna pretend like we all didn't, at one point or another in the last 18 months, mention something along the lines of 'And that's why Conte doesn't trust Batshuayi!'? All so easy to criticize Conte now because of his weak position. Also, when Batshuayi got injured earlier in the season, no one said a thing. No one was worried. No one was panicking. Was a stark contrast to when Morata got injured. Now, people behaving like they've been behind Batshuayi all this time and acting like he's a great striker that the manager just didn't trust.

3 minutes ago, MCM4PR3Z said:

It was Conte who humiliated him with giving him 19 seconds, 5 seconds, 33 second, 24 seconds, 17 seconds, etc. In each game. Conte just hates young players, he is no better than Mou in that regard.

:lol: People's reaction to Batshuayi here is as predictable as our performances this season. Typical.

22 minutes ago, MCM4PR3Z said:

Bet you sat next to the tv with your keyboard out waiting for this moment, hoping michy does well so you can come on here and spout your nonsense. You remember the game against Palace that he started? Don’t remember seeing you talking that day?

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Oh, FFS! 😂

Conte didn't trust him at all. By continually benching him for non-strikers he didn't give him any confidence whatsoever. I'm not suggesting Batshuayi is this world class number 9 by any means but he's way better than many people give him credit for. He had an impressive goals:games ratio for us. 

So we are going to pretend like Batshuayi is great but Conte has been ignoring him? Are people really gonna pretend like we all didn't, at one point or another in the last 18 months, mention something along the lines of 'And that's why Conte doesn't trust Batshuayi!'? All so easy to criticize Conte now because of his weak position. Also, when Batshuayi got injured earlier in the season, no one said a thing. No one was worried. No one was panicking. Was a stark contrast to when Morata got injured. Now, people behaving like they've been behind Batshuayi all this time and acting like he's a great striker that the manager just didn't trust.

I rarely criticised Michy and said on numerous occasions that he was the best CF on our books. His debut performance has little bearing on my post other than reaffirm my point. Conte needs to know when to drop deadwood instead of beating the same useless horse.

Michy probably isn't the man to lead us in the coming years but his was the best option we had. All we can do is hope Giroud can do a similar job to Costa, as Morata ain't.

14 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I rarely criticised Michy and said on numerous occasions that he was the best CF on our books. His debut performance has little bearing on my post other than reaffirm my point. Conte needs to know when to drop deadwood instead of beating the same useless horse.

Michy probably isn't the man to lead us in the coming years but his was the best option we had. All we can do is hope Giroud can do a similar job to Costa, as Morata ain't.

How convenient. <_<

17 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Conte didn't trust him at all. By continually benching him for non-strikers he didn't give him any confidence whatsoever. I'm not suggesting Batshuayi is this world class number 9 by any means but he's way better than many people give him credit for. He had an impressive goals:games ratio for us. 

His goals/game ratio is decent but his all round play is generally awful. If you look back at the last 10-15 pages of this thread, the one conclusion that screams out is 'inconsistency'. You might disagree with Conte not trusting him but at the same time, it's also difficult to blame Conte for wanting someone who can do more on a consistent basis.

On 31.1.2018 at 2:35 PM, Magic Lamps said:

Neither Max Philipp nor Yarmolenko are recognized strikers.. Also both are out injured. The only other central forward they have is 18y.o. talent Isak. In short. Dortmund are putting their season in the hands of Michy. But I can see him succeeding there. Dortmund focus on fast transition and commit many bodies forward early other than we do we only attack with a few players at once. This is why we need a striker with good hold up play and michy is not optimal for us. Dortmund however try to break the defensive lines by committing people forward thus causing havoc in the opposition so the striker gets the space to play on the shoulder. This should fit Michy more and that is why they are gambling on him. It is no coincidence that Michys goals have always either come when the opponent's defense was in disarray because we were going all out to score a goal, or a ball over the top or a fast counter attack caught them out. If he succeeds there I do not see him coming back tho.

well, I told you so.

Other than we Dortmund create many chances, throw many bodies up front so a stirker who finishes their simply chances is exactly what they need. Well done Bats, hopefully we can resell him expensively. He is just who he is and it is not his fault Conte thinks we need a striker to create his own chances. But then again it has only been one game against the worst side in Bundesliga. There will be tougher challenges.

2 hours ago, LAM09 said:
3 hours ago, Pizy said:
Oh, FFS! emoji23.png

Morata in his worst form is twice the footballer Michy is. Even when he isn't scoring he offers much more.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:
Morata in his worst form is twice the footballer Michy is. Even when he isn't scoring he offers much more.

Who's meant to score, then? Alonso?

Every player is employed & deployed to do a job. If our CF can't score, we might as well call it a night.

29 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Who's meant to score, then? Alonso?

Every player is employed & deployed to do a job. If our CF can't score, we might as well call it a night.

It is rare these days for a team to employ a player solely for scoring goals maybe except Ronaldo for madrid

Even a CF has to do more than scoring. In Conte sytem, the front striker need to hold up the ball and bring our two am into play similar to Kane role in Spurs. Just watch Spurs vs United, Kane was absolutely brilliant although he does not score but his hold up was the reason they can attack brilliantly.

So Michy scored two goals and everyone start complaining that we misuse him or Conte is the worst manager.

I don't believe anybody here think that Michy is a bad finsiher, I even said it multiple times that he is a better finisher than Morata or Costa.

But in Conte system, the CF need to hold up the ball and bring our two AM into play. If you can't do that, then you are useless as CF.

Is that Conte's fault not to change his system to suit Michy's strength or Michy's fault because he cannot fit into Conte System 

19 minutes ago, communicate said:

It is rare these days for a team to employ a player solely for scoring goals maybe except Ronaldo for madrid

Even a CF has to do more than scoring. In Conte sytem, the front striker need to hold up the ball and bring our two am into play similar to Kane role in Spurs. Just watch Spurs vs United, Kane was absolutely brilliant although he does not score but his hold up was the reason they can attack brilliantly.

I don't disagree. I'm just going off what we have/had; Michy had a presence that any striker we play at this club needs to have instead of someone falling like a leaf.

Think the general problem nowadays, is people wanting everything from players regardless of where they play. Basics should be come first whilst the rest follows.

13 minutes ago, communicate said:

Is that Conte's fault not to change his system to suit Michy's strength or Michy's fault because he cannot fit into Conte System 

This point keeps coming up but how can one adjust with limited game time. How many players are going to go down the same route?

3 hours ago, LAM09 said:

I don't disagree. I'm just going off what we have/had; Michy had a presence that any striker we play at this club needs to have instead of someone falling like a leaf.

Think the general problem nowadays, is people wanting everything from players regardless of where they play. Basics should be come first whilst the rest follows.

This point keeps coming up but how can one adjust with limited game time. How many players are going to go down the same route?

It is not people want everything from a player but that is what it required in modern football. It is no longer enough for a cb to be just good at defending, they have to be good at build up. If you don't have that your build up will always be inferior compare to your opponents, just look as the our build up compare to spurs. Same for a cf, that is the reality. 

I agree that Conte should have played Michy more, not as a starter but to complement Morata. As a single striker, his performance with us was bad, really bad. You forget Michy was our starter over Morata early season but he was awful.  He cannot hold the ball and bring our am into play. You said you want basic thing, for Conte system that is the basic for a cf not scoring.