Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

And no recognised striker for tonight. Yes, we can play Hazard there but this just purely goes down to fucking bad planning and leaving ourselves exposed like this is pathetic.

More bad planning same guys probly planning Stamford Bridge rebulid lol ....yikes . And no Willian,Musonda, either ,can't see us scoring 10 tonight! Hazard-Fabregas-Pedro maybe odi get some  more minutes

18 hours ago, Barbara said:

Would he even get the playing time he needs at Dortmund?

The purpose of letting a player like him go midseason is to allow him more minutes. In a WC year, that's even more crucial to the player.

I dunno but it looks to me that Bats keeps aiming higher than his standards... Something not unheard of in this Belgian generation with a few players.

Conte said clearly that Mishy was going to decide about his future. If I were him I would rather play for a team I feature often in the starting XI even if it's not a big club

Whatever, with Auba leaving maybe he will play enough

So Dortmund feed Arsenal who feed us who feed Dortmund. Can we make it happen today rather than tomorrow at midnight?

18 hours ago, Special Juan said:

With Aubameyang going to Arsenal they only have Maximillian Philipp and possibly Yarmolenko, but he's more an inside forward. Game time is there for Bats and I would say a guaranteed start for him, Aubameyang is a big miss and the hole he leaves is big but they really do not have a prolific striker to step in, which is good for Bats.

Neither Max Philipp nor Yarmolenko are recognized strikers.. Also both are out injured. The only other central forward they have is 18y.o. talent Isak. In short. Dortmund are putting their season in the hands of Michy. But I can see him succeeding there. Dortmund focus on fast transition and commit many bodies forward early other than we do we only attack with a few players at once. This is why we need a striker with good hold up play and michy is not optimal for us. Dortmund however try to break the defensive lines by committing people forward thus causing havoc in the opposition so the striker gets the space to play on the shoulder. This should fit Michy more and that is why they are gambling on him. It is no coincidence that Michys goals have always either come when the opponent's defense was in disarray because we were going all out to score a goal, or a ball over the top or a fast counter attack caught them out. If he succeeds there I do not see him coming back tho.

11 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Neither Max Philipp nor Yarmolenko are recognized strikers.. Also both are out injured. The only other central forward they have is 18y.o. talent Isak. In short. Dortmund are putting their season in the hands of Michy. But I can see him succeeding there. Dortmund focus on fast transition and commit many bodies forward early other than we do we only attack with a few players at once. This is why we need a striker with good hold up play and michy is not optimal for us. Dortmund however try to break the defensive lines by committing people forward thus causing havoc in the opposition so the striker gets the space to play on the shoulder. This should fit Michy more and that is why they are gambling on him. It is no coincidence that Michys goals have always either come when the opponent's defense was in disarray because we were going all out to score a goal, or a ball over the top or a fast counter attack caught them out. If he succeeds there I do not see him coming back tho.

Most of his goals have been tap ins where he has only had to get on the end of the ball (after all the hard work has been done for him by his team mates) from about 5 yards out.... in terms of a modern day striker he is terrible, he doesn't offer anything except being alert in the 6 yard box and even then his movement is pretty sub par for a top level footballer. At least Aubamayang has real pace and stretches teams, can beat players in 1v1s, combine well with attacking midfielders... Michy not so much. Dortmund don't put chances on a plate for him then he will struggle. Big time. No idea why Dortmund haven't looked for someone else in all fairness, a more rounded player, because the likes of Reus, Yarmolenko, Phillipp, Sancho, Pulisic, Kagawa, Gotze, all these guys like to play little 2 or 3 pass combinations as well. particularly Kagawa, Gotze, Reus, wont get much from Michy in that regard. Can't see them building their team around Michy when they have all those sort of players. 

It's clear that Conte gave him too many chances. Worthless striker that will be worthless for Dortmund. We always had this right in the past. De Bruyne, Salah and Lukaku are all shit. We know how to cope with young players.

5 hours ago, Bosnian Blue said:

Why didnt we sell him? Does he still count as a talent aged 24? No one will loan us a player but we give others what they want. 

If he performs well at BVB his market value will sky rocket at the very least. 

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Wait as he becomes realy good striker and joins big team for big bucks, while we are stuck with Giroud. Oh and obviously leaves us for small money, because the board is incompetent to spot a talent:lol:

18 hours ago, The Skipper said:

If he performs well at BVB his market value will sky rocket at the very least. 

Yeah, fingers crossed he scores a few goals into the empty net or from 5 yards out like he usually does, so we can fool potential buyers and get some nice money back for him. 

And then invest it into Andy Carroll. :D