Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

• 3 weeks later...
If I were him, I would hand in a transfer request ASAP after being left on the bench despite being 2-0 down and our team and our striker especially having arguably our worst performance of the season. The ultimate slap in the face. Feel so sorry for him. I refuse to believe he is not good enough until he is given a proper opportunity which obv will not happen,

Yup, nothing more to say really. He should just pack up and go, together with Ake. They have no future here.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Conte has been shocking in his management with Batshuayi. Costa has been gash since January, would love to know how many minutes Michy has seen since then too. Ridiculous really. Batshuayi isn't so bad that you have to essentially play with 10 men. What a joke. 

7 hours ago, Stats said:

If I were him, I would hand in a transfer request ASAP after being left on the bench despite being 2-0 down and our team and our striker especially having arguably our worst performance of the season. The ultimate slap in the face. Feel so sorry for him. I refuse to believe he is not good enough until he is given a proper opportunity which obv will not happen,

A repeat of Lukaku on the bench behind Torres. I know Batshuayi isn't as good as Lukaku, but it's pretty much the same situation. 

I predict he will get sold in the summer to another PL club and that he will score 20 PL goals for them next season. Conte is great, but he doesn't trust anybody under the age of 24. Easy prediction.

Has no faith in him. Board signing that should be off in the summer for his own sake. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come with younger players (Ake rotting away).

Maybe this is a masterclass from Conte. A powermove.

"You bought me a player I don't want, so I don't play him. Problem? If so, I go. If not, the regime changes and I pick the players from now on." That's been communicated to the board through this action IMO.

On 17/04/2017 at 7:31 PM, Leif said:

Maybe this is a masterclass from Conte. A powermove.

"You bought me a player I don't want, so I don't play him. Problem? If so, I go. If not, the regime changes and I pick the players from now on." That's been communicated to the board through this action IMO.

I had exactly this in mind when I posted the other day that the continued selection of Diego, despite his poor form, is fascinating and that we could speculate about what might really be going on. We could even include China, Internazionale, the league table and Chelsea's fans in the mix.

Perhaps Antonio wanted the China money to reinvest in the squad. Perhaps he feels empowered to take this stance by Chelsea's position, by his popularity with the fans and by the fact that Inter are waiting to give him a pay rise if thing's go sour with the management. Perhaps.

Whatever the truth, I was really encouraged by Antonio's press conference yesterday. It was not anything he said, but something about his manner when he talked about us being  just at the beginning of our rebuild. He sounded like a man with a clear plan in mind. Of course there's another interpretation of the comments, and the attitude, but enough with the guesswork for now. 😊

Fucking kudos to Batshuayi. He wasn't anything special today but he gave us a chance to win instead of making us look like playing with 10 men. That's good enough (for now) for me considering how this season has panned out for Batshuayi so far.

No doubt he would have buried the header that fell to Costa near the end. Hope he starts on Tuesday tbh.