Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

9 hours ago, Jason said:

Is there any proof that Conte actually didn't want Batshuayi or the board bought Batshuayi without consulting Conte?

Well, Conte didn't even meet the squad before we signed Michy, so I highly doubt he insisted to buy him. He spoke to Kanté on phone and he signed Alonso bc Marcos was a fit to his system.

15 hours ago, Jason said:

Is there any proof that Conte actually didn't want Batshuayi or the board bought Batshuayi without consulting Conte? Have seen so many mentioned it like it's a fact. Let's not forget that Conte was confirmed as our new manager last April and given he might start the job late due to Euro 2016, he and the board could have easily discussed their transfer plans very early on, with Conte telling them who he wants and the board working out to get them. Maybe Conte also has a point that Batshuayi is still adapting to English football and his demands and it's difficult for Conte to play him when the team has performed well and won all but 2 games since the October

No solid proof of course, but I've read from several places that Michy was scouted and pushed to be signed by Emenalo.

27 December:

Conte repeatedly said "no" when asked if Batshuayi would be allowed to go out on loan.

"This player is a new player for Chelsea and to go on loan now is a defeat for the club and above all for me," Conte said.

"We have to continue to work with him every day to try together to improve him.

"I want to win and every decision I make is because I want to win and I have to take the best decision.

"Michy Batshuayi is a really good player, but he's a young player and he's trying to adapt to this league, this football.

"I try to make the best decision for the team, but I'm sure Michy could have the possibility to show his talent in the future."

Doesn't sound like he didn't want him, really.

10 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Well, Conte didn't even meet the squad before we signed Michy, so I highly doubt he insisted to buy him. He spoke to Kanté on phone and he signed Alonso bc Marcos was a fit to his system.

He may not have met the squad but that doesn't mean he didn't his homework on the squad and/or speak with the club about transfers. And considering how late we got Alonso last summer, I doubt he was high on Conte's main targets list. Likely to have only bought him because we couldn't get others.

4 hours ago, manpe said:

No solid proof of course, but I've read from several places that Michy was scouted and pushed to be signed by Emenalo.

And could have been approved by Conte himself.

13 hours ago, Jason said:

And considering how late we got Alonso last summer, I doubt he was high on Conte's main targets list. Likely to have only bought him because we couldn't get others.

Still it was Conte's decision to offload Kenedy and Baba Rahman and sign a new player. Of course it was impossible to buy everyone from his wishlist(Romagnoli) especially without Champions Leauge, but we signed Alonso after Conte worked with the squad for 8 weeks.

We bought Michy for around 5m less, than what the entire Marseille club sold for at the same time (an American owner bought them not long ago for 45m euros.) (They were desperate to move Michy on, as he was eating up the wage bill undeservingly. Doing so essentially allowed them to be bought, due to complicated matters.)

Let me use my favourite word to use on this forum: Lunacy.

Merry new season btw, it's Spring here :ph34r:

You cant help but feel for the lad. He seemed like a great fit for us when he came and I was looking foreward to seeing him join up with Diego. But it must kill him not to have the trust of the manager. Tho Conte does continue to say hes happy with him. If Contes man management skills were as good as we think they are then he needs to get the lad bouncing again.

I dunno what the answer is but IF it comes down to us passing him on lets hope we dont lose out on him and bow and say thanks to wankers like PSG who want him just to sit and warm their bench instead of ours!

PSG should target Michy Batshuayi loan move from Chelsea as a priority

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/soccer-usa/3/post/3039864/psg-should-target-michy-batshuayi-loan-move-from-chelsea-as-a-priority

I wonder what makes them think this lol

Did Chelsea boss Antonio Conte drop a hint that he doesn't trust Michy Batshuayi yet?

The Belgian striker has not made a Premier League start for the Blues since signing in the summer

http://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/players/chelsea-boss-antonio-conte-drop-12485204

During conte pre-Hull City press conference i noticed that as well, when he spoke about his options in the 3 front positions he said: 

"At the moment for me to make a decision is not easy, it is not simple. At the moment I have four or five players that are very strong in that position.

I have Pedro, Willian, Hazard, Costa and I also have Ruben. It is not easy because they are in good form and they give me different options." he didn't mention michy, maybe it's just an accident and not intentionally but as they said in the article it's not a good sign for michy that conte forgot about him.

9 minutes ago, the wes said:

Michy Batshuayi has had a hand in six goals in three starts for Chelsea at Stamford Bridge (four goals, two assists)

I felt sorry for the chap today. He was very close to having 3 goals for himself. The difference being the luck that you get when your confidence is high. He also eeds to start taking earlier shots IMHO.

I've said it before and will say it again. His hold-up play is very good, and reminds me of how it was when we had Drogba up front. Hope he can continue to work on it. Diego does it well, but having another striker like Michy who can setup chances up front is a great boon for the team

he looked like mentally weak, when something goes wrong he disappointed straight away, you saw how he kicked the ball at the end of the half, and this is killing him, i didn't tough he had a good game, he doesn't run as he needs too, yes i know he is frustrated but still when you have a chance prove yourself, if you ask me he need to work with a psychologist it will do magic with him.

On 1/10/2017 at 6:25 AM, Jason said:

He may not have met the squad but that doesn't mean he didn't his homework on the squad and/or speak with the club about transfers. And considering how late we got Alonso last summer, I doubt he was high on Conte's main targets list. Likely to have only bought him because we couldn't get others.

And could have been approved by Conte himself.

U must be new here. All our bad signings are because of Emanuel and the good ones are thanks to the manager