test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

23. Michy Batshuayi

Started by Special Juan,

933 posts in this topic

He looked like he crumbled mentally after that goal. Started this season badly, needs to show something and soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Johnnyeye said:

to be fair i was very harsh on the lad, this kind of shit happens a lot in football, my comments were all in the heat of the moment and i apologize, i just wanted us to win so bad and that OG came at the worst possible time, it could have been costly for us on another day as Spurs would go on and maybe snatch a victory, but in the end it was not costly thanks to Alonso, so no harm done. The kid made a mistake, he´s human, you could see it in his face he was desperate to make up for that mistake, kept pressing Spurs players, got in to good positions, etc and almost got a penalty afterwards, i hope he can learn from this and bounce back, now we can all look back and laugh at this OG. Cheers and KTBFFH

I totally understand it happens had the result not been in our favor maybe I would have joined you on that anger vent :P

But I think it is important to always back our players through the thick and thin.

KTBFFH, we can CONTE on him because he is our manager we can CONTE on him  :)!

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was absolutely SHOCKED after that poor own goal..

Bad luck at the start of the season, hope it gets better for him.

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to say but at this time it is better to play with 10 man on the field than play bats. 

I hope he breaks this cycle and improves, but thats something for him to do in practice sessions not on the pitch when we have to win.

If it is difficult for Bats, imagine youngsters... That's why it is so difficult to give minutes to young players when you have to win games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Robguima said:

Sorry to say but at this time it is better to play with 10 man on the field than play bats. 

I hope he breaks this cycle and improves, but thats something for him to do in practice sessions not on the pitch when we have to win.

Id it is diff for. Are imagine youngster. That's why it is so difficult to give minutes to young players when you have to win games.

Yeah Llorente would be good additional striker to have. 

Feel sorry for Bats, but seems he just isnt up for it yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO he need to go on loan for one season somewhere in EPL so that he can play week in and week out.

He has the physical tool to be great in epl but need to improve his decision making

RoyalBlues and Leif like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Robguima said:

Sorry to say but at this time it is better to play with 10 man on the field than play bats. 

I hope he breaks this cycle and improves, but thats something for him to do in practice sessions not on the pitch when we have to win.

If it is difficult for Bats, imagine youngsters... That's why it is so difficult to give minutes to young players when you have to win games.

It's difficult for Michy because mentally he's not ready to play for a big club.  He doesn't seem to thrive under pressurized situations. 

Look at the difference between Michy and Christensen.  Michy looked horrible in both games when we needed someone to step up, as for Christensen, he looks like a ready made starting quality CB. He didn't seem fazed at all in either match, and as the best coaches have always said: 'you can't teach temperament, you either have it or you don't'.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, communicate said:

IMO he need to go on loan for one season somewhere in EPL so that he can play week in and week out.

He has the physical tool to be great in epl but need to improve his decision making

He doesn't need a loan, he needs to play at his level, which is mid-table.  Somewhere like West Ham or Southampton would be perfect for him.  Just go out every week and play without pressure and enjoy football. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

It's difficult for Michy because mentally he's not ready to play for a big club.  He doesn't seem to thrive under pressurized situations. 

Look at the difference between Michy and Christensen.  Michy looked horrible in both games when we needed someone to step up, as for Christensen, he looks like a ready made starting quality CB. He didn't seem fazed at all in either match, and as the best coaches have always said: 'you can't teach temperament, you either have it or you don't'.

 

Yeah that's actually quite common: players develop, esp mental mentally, at their own time and it is obviously different depending on the player. 

However, youngsters in general do lack mentally and that's why you don't see many of them starting games at the same time in the pl (for any team).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mirror Football‏Verified account @MirrorFootball 
Lille ready to offer £36million for Chelsea striker Michy Batshuayi and end his misery at Stamford Bridge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Polo7 said:

Take the money. Michy won't improve here as he won't get enough game time.

Right now, Morata and Michy are our only 2 CF. Michy needs to stay unless we have a striker lined up. Morata is not going to start every game which is what you are insinuating. It took a couple of games for people to turn again to 'Michy is not good enough'. WOW. Morata will prob be the victim of this soon. WOW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only way he can go is if someone like Belotti comes in. Can't be fighting on all fronts with Morata & Llorente.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xPetrCechx said:

Mirror Football‏Verified account @MirrorFootball 
Lille ready to offer £36million for Chelsea striker Michy Batshuayi and end his misery at Stamford Bridge

Classic 'Player not having great time, link him with other club' rumour :lol:

xPetrCechx likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Stats said:

Right now, Morata and Michy are our only 2 CF. Michy needs to stay unless we have a striker lined up. Morata is not going to start every game which is what you are insinuating. It took a couple of games for people to turn again to 'Michy is not good enough'. WOW. Morata will prob be the victim of this soon. WOW.

Michy has been dreadful in the last 5 games. We don't have the time to baby him to become a decent striker. We overpaid for him. If we can get that investment back then I think we should take it. Morata has shown more in 15 minutes than Michy has shown since the first game against arsenal. Nice guy but clearly out of his depth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.