Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

13 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Pretty much like Drogba there...defender was struggling to hold him back!

And any guesses who was wearing no.4 and giving the assist?

Hoping he would have the same success among these type of legends.Otherwise,tonight in the Montreal Stadium I would go see the King

4 hours ago, LDN Blue said:

Well I mean he was facing a development side u23 :lol:, you'd bloody hope he'd do something there.

Funny thing he wasn't even overaged player.

Michy is serious talent but it's hard for him. Diego Costa can control himself well and as Conte said you don't want to lose his personality and drive and sub him off. I don't know if you realise this but Michy played grand total of 75 minutes (!!!) in the league this season. Less than a full game in 3 months. Conte has to find a way to play him more.

Another thing that even though Chelsea spend 40m€ on him and he's played 75 minutes in the league so far, he's already better than Remy or Ba. For a start he's always ready. Yet to have an injury in his carrer according to transfermarkt.

Did anyone watch the u23 game? Michy scored two great goals but his overall performance was pretty bad. Really needs to work on his reaction time and anticipation. Also his off the ball movement is quite poor for a striker. He must improve on these things. 

19 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Michy is serious talent but it's hard for him. Diego Costa can control himself well and as Conte said you don't want to lose his personality and drive and sub him off. I don't know if you realise this but Michy played grand total of 75 minutes (!!!) in the league this season. Less than a full game in 3 months. Conte has to find a way to play him more.

Another thing that even though Chelsea spend 40m€ on him and he's played 75 minutes in the league so far, he's already better than Remy or Ba. For a start he's always ready. Yet to have an injury in his carrer according to transfermarkt.

U23 are not even talents anymore. Not in right sense anyway. 

21 is last "talent" for me. After that AGE, you either start playing for regulars or you are not good enough. Sure there are late bloomers or special cases but they are more exception than rule. 

20 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

I disagree and will stand by the opinion that both Ba & Remy are 2 of the best strikers we've had under Roman. Both are leagues ahead of Michy. Both are born to score. Michy is not. Michy is really born to assist.

Imagine your team being slayed by a guy who wears a full Spongebob get-up and smiles even more than Luiz. Unfortunately it just doesn't happen. This soft-hearted, lovable guy will never be a 'keep your head down and score lots of goals' type. It's not that his personality holds him back, but it limits his potential opportunities since he'll no doubt be seen as a 'boy' still by others in control. You need your main striker at a top club to be someone you look up to. Our players would never, ever look up to him. See him as an equal, I'm sure they will, but never will they treat him with awe and respect on the level of anyone else leading the line for a top club currently. This story already writes itself. I wonder who we'll sell him to.

(None of that would be relevant if he was a reliable supersub, but he isn't. At Marseille he wasn't and here he doesn't seem to be.)

1 hour ago, Leif said:

Imagine your team being slayed by a guy who wears a full Spongebob get-up and smiles even more than Luiz. Unfortunately it just doesn't happen. This soft-hearted, lovable guy will never be a 'keep your head down and score lots of goals' type. It's not that his personality holds him back, but it limits his potential opportunities since he'll no doubt be seen as a 'boy' still by others in control. You need your main striker at a top club to be someone you look up to. Our players would never, ever look up to him. See him as an equal, I'm sure they will, but never will they treat him with awe and respect on the level of anyone else leading the line for a top club currently. This story already writes itself. I wonder who we'll sell him to.

Hide contents

(None of that would be relevant if he was a reliable supersub, but he isn't. At Marseille he wasn't and here he doesn't seem to be.)

He was a fan favourite at Marseille, the only thing holding him back here is Diego Costa.

21 minutes ago, Weckerz said:

He was a fan favourite at Marseille, the only thing holding him back here is Diego Costa.

For his personality he was. There's a reason the only other club rivaling us for him was West Ham.

2 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

And I don't know what are you talking about. Michy has a league goal every 1,5 game (~140minutes) in his last 3 seasons.

And if you look up the goals, you find none were gamewinning, and all were against sides that wouldn't get into the Premier League. No manager he's played under has deemed him good enough to be a consistent starter, and this includes Conte now. Talented players get games. This guy has never started 5 games in a row. Every other striker we've brought in as back-up, certainly has had that many if not many more games in a row. Michy is nowhere near ready for a club like ours. He needs to develop so much more. He's not even half the player Lacazette is, and Lacazette isn't even that brilliant. 

On 23 November 2016 at 3:11 PM, Leif said:

Hide contents

Ever heard of Ronaldinho?

On 23/11/2016 at 5:05 PM, Leif said:

For his personality he was. There's a reason the only other club rivaling us for him was West Ham.

Along with Juventus, Spurs and Crystal Palace oddly enough but yeah based on your other posts in this thread it seems you've written off a guy 4 months into his Chelsea career. Along with a ridiculous comment about Ba and Remy being two of the best strikers we have had at the club under Roman..

I seen him play for Marseille last year a lot and I was impressed, he was a bit raw but he always seemed to make the right runs, had good strength to cope with the center halves and ended up with 17 goals. The season before he had 9 goals in his first season in France, most of them coming from the bench because Gignac started most of their games but I suppose that doesn't really matter either does it? 

Marseille fans didn't just like him because of his personality, it was because of his onfield feats.

also are footballers not allowed to have personalities or do they all have to be emotionless, boring robots who can only play football and do nothing else?

Well yet again Bats is subb'd on in the 89th minute! I'm disgusted he didn't stamp his authority on the game and score a couple!

Who knows, maybe with the post Shitty spell he might get a bit more time against some weaker tams on paper at least .

• 2 weeks later...

http://metro.co.uk/2016/12/16/jamie-redknapp-criticises-unintelligent-michy-batshuayi-6327109/

Jamie Redknapp criticises Batshuayi for being an unintelligent player and chelsea need to replace him Redknapp talks alot of crap how can u judge a player being unintelligent who hasn't played much PL football this season  this is a football pundit who thinks moses is an England international