test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

23. Michy Batshuayi

Started by Special Juan,

788 posts in this topic

Take Costa's mentality aside, he was one of worlds best players before january and even after january he helped with some crucial moments (but indeed was poor overall).

We had two world class attackers in Eden and Costa.

With Morata (and Bats) we improved character of our strikers, but not quality.

Some of you need to realise Costa was believe it or not world class striker overall last season and even tho I like Morata alot, we are weaker team ATM.

I do believe Michy and Morata will come good, but I doubt they will have same killer impact as Costa did (or Didi)

 

Sastha, BXL70 and Stats like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Take Costa's mentality aside, he was one of worlds best players before january and even after january he helped with some crucial moments (but indeed was poor overall).

We had two world class attackers in Eden and Costa.

With Morata (and Bats) we improved character of our strikers, but not quality.

Some of you need to realise Costa was believe it or not world class striker overall last season and even tho I like Morata alot, we are weaker team ATM.

I do believe Michy and Morata will come good, but I doubt they will have same killer impact as Costa did (or Didi)

 

Think too early to judge anything now, no? If Morata and Batman could bang in 30+ goals, don't think we will miss Costa that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

I agree with this, 100%. 

What people fail to realize about Costa was that his conversion rate during the first half of the season was hovering around 20-22% IIRC. 

3 reasons why this is huge.

1.) You'll only find World-Class strikers/wingers converting at that rate, and besides Messi/Ronaldo nobody else can maintain that rate for more than a few months, and then drop off.  

2.) It was the second time Costa's high conversion rate has essentially fired Chelsea to a title. 

3.) Costa wasn't converting tap-ins like Aubameyang or being presented with 5 chances a game ala Ronaldo. He was converting goals sometimes only having 2 legitimate shots an entire game. Just think of WBA at home. Or Middlesborough Away. The typical Costa performance. 

Say what you will about Costa and all the antics he caused, but any Striker that wins 2 PL Titles scoring 20 Goals in the league x2 is welcome in my book, technical defecinies and all. 

That's all well n good mate but costa doesn't want to be here, I guarantee if We kept him for another year he wouldn't produce anything near them numbers, unfortunately his heart isn't here, and if is heart isn't is head defiantly isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

That's all well n good mate but costa doesn't want to be here, I guarantee if We kept him for another year he wouldn't produce anything near them numbers, unfortunately his heart isn't here, and if is heart isn't is head defiantly isn't.

Never said anything about keeping him. It's clear he's gone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

was watching highlights of Batshuayi pre season so far and its frustrating to watch at times, he´s always going for glory when passing to a team mate is clearly the much better option, i know he´s a striker, but he needs to be unselfish too, helping the team more, not just scoring but bringing other players in to play and opening spaces, clearly something he needs to work on and improve if he wants to thrive here. He´s got age and time on his side, but needs to focus more and not try so hard all the time to impress, when things dont go his way he starts sulking on the pitch, but i have to admire his never say die attitude, he just needs to seize his chances more often when they come, otherwise he will start seeing more of the bench soon. Cheers

kellzfresh likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Michy had a great game no idea what match you lot were watching. He even scored a great goal that clearly should've stood. 7 (2 wrongly disallowed) goals & 3 assists in 4 games.

 

Lol @ the usual suspects overrating Costa by the way. I knew this would happen. Michy will shut you all up in no time.

 

 

DH1988 and El P. like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

was watching highlights of Batshuayi pre season so far and its frustrating to watch at times, he´s always going for glory when passing to a team mate is clearly the much better option, i know he´s a striker, but he needs to be unselfish too, helping the team more, not just scoring but bringing other players in to play and opening spaces, clearly something he needs to work on and improve if he wants to thrive here. He´s got age and time on his side, but needs to focus more and not try so hard all the time to impress, when things dont go his way he starts sulking on the pitch, but i have to admire his never say die attitude, he just needs to seize his chances more often when they come, otherwise he will start seeing more of the bench soon. Cheers

The only way to get that out of his system is by letting him play and make those mistakes. Experience is key.

Even with those few frustrating moments he's been our best player during this pre-season. I honestly can't wait to see him being given a run of games that actually count.

Johnnyeye and BXL70 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Amblève. said:

The only way to get that out of his system is by letting him play and make those mistakes. Experience is key.

Even with those few frustrating moments he's been our best player during this pre-season. I honestly can't wait to see him being given a run of games that actually count.

no doubt he´s been our best player so far in pre season, he will correct those mistakes with time, i really want him to succeed here at Chelsea. Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Amblève. said:

The only way to get that out of his system is by letting him play and make those mistakes. Experience is key.

Sturridge disagrees with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Gilvorak said:

Michy had a great game no idea what match you lot were watching. He even scored a great goal that clearly should've stood. 7 (2 wrongly disallowed) goals & 3 assists in 4 games.

 

Lol @ the usual suspects overrating Costa by the way. I knew this would happen. Michy will shut you all up in no time.

 

 

I really want Michy to succeed, but those stats you put up don't mean much.

Its about as useful as saying Mikel has a better pass completion rate than Fabregas. Of course Costa (and by extension Zaha in your example) are going to get dispossessed more often than not, simply because they attempt more take-on's. They may not be the best at it ala Hazard, but their successful take-on's can help.

Anyway, I'm assuming you were being serious when you put up those figures and not just trolling with Michy's detractors (in which case nvm)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gilvorak said:

Costa was a great servant for us & easily Top 3 strikers we've had in the last 20 years. I'm just sick of people pretending he suddenly wasn't an incredibly frustrating to watch when he wasn't scoring. The poor touches, dribbling into blind alleys, failing to spot easy passes etc

I disagree that when is not scoring he does not contribute. Technically he is very poor, I think everyone agree with you. But his overall game is better than you think, he press opp back line well, he run the channel hard to create space for our winger ( I want michy to do this) and he combine well with Fabregas and hazard in particular, it is just his technical ability that can be very frustrating at times. 

DYC., kellzfresh and Johnnyeye like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor today.

 

Still, probably has done enough to get the nod opening weekend over Morata who has shown little so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have no Strikers !!! I like them both but the man who left is twice the player that bouth of theese are !!! Sad, sad times ahead !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.