test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

23. Michy Batshuayi

Started by Special Juan,

635 posts in this topic
27 minutes ago, MCM4PR3Z said:

Conte is great, but he doesn't trust anybody under the age of 24. Easy prediction.

Pogba at Juventus he trust him?? 

17 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Add Coman as well

He signed a young morata before conte left Juventus 

He signed a young morata before conte left Juventus 

Think he's just hung up on the Belgians.

On 17/04/2017 at 7:31 PM, Leif said:

Maybe this is a masterclass from Conte. A powermove.

"You bought me a player I don't want, so I don't play him. Problem? If so, I go. If not, the regime changes and I pick the players from now on." That's been communicated to the board through this action IMO.

I had exactly this in mind when I posted the other day that the continued selection of Diego, despite his poor form, is fascinating and that we could speculate about what might really be going on. We could even include China, Internazionale, the league table and Chelsea's fans in the mix.

Perhaps Antonio wanted the China money to reinvest in the squad. Perhaps he feels empowered to take this stance by Chelsea's position, by his popularity with the fans and by the fact that Inter are waiting to give him a pay rise if thing's go sour with the management. Perhaps.

Whatever the truth, I was really encouraged by Antonio's press conference yesterday. It was not anything he said, but something about his manner when he talked about us being  just at the beginning of our rebuild. He sounded like a man with a clear plan in mind. Of course there's another interpretation of the comments, and the attitude, but enough with the guesswork for now. 😊

Fucking kudos to Batshuayi. He wasn't anything special today but he gave us a chance to win instead of making us look like playing with 10 men. That's good enough (for now) for me considering how this season has panned out for Batshuayi so far.

No doubt he would have buried the header that fell to Costa near the end. Hope he starts on Tuesday tbh.
Irakozium257 likes this

I thought he was great up front. Made some very intelligent runs. No doubt he would have scored the penalty if he'd have taken it, and he'd have gobbled up the chance Costa missed.

His hold up play was terrific yesterday. He managed to set up so much counters and win us possession and free kicks with his play yesterday. Considering he has barely played and was coming into a game like that, he can be proud of how he performed. It is a shame because he won't get much chances to keep that momentum going and he prob will revert back to the bench.

Good decision by Conte not to let him take it. 1) Willian is more suited for high pressure occasions like this 2) Had he missed, it would undo all the good work he'd done in that game to gain some confidence. In a deadbeat League Cup game against a League 1 side when 4-0 up? Sure, Billy the masseur can take it, but FA Cup semi-final against your closest rival to go ahead? No way, your best man must take it. He had a good game without scoring, that is enough.

I liked his link-up wih Pedro and Willian. Was trying to combine with them a lot, also made a good pass with his backheel to Pedro for the first goal, if Im not mistaken. Also, he was dynamic in the opposition box and was trying to free himself and to be in a good position for a shot. I really, really want to see more of him and Hazard on the same time on the pitch.

As mentioned before i think his hold up and link up play was fantastic. Something Costa has never really been able to do. If neither of the strikers are scoring i'd rather play the one that is going to retain the ball and set other players up. 

MefiX19 and Leif like this

Just now, manpe said:

Wouldn't call it "fantastic". It was the minimum a striker should be capable of doing, we just think it was fantastic because we have had to watch Diego screw up his hold/link-ups for months now.

I agree. He did OK but nothing flash, his time is over here IMO and he will be either sold or loaned.

Just now, manpe said:

Wouldn't call it "fantastic". It was the minimum a striker should be capable of doing, we just think it was fantastic because we have had to watch Diego screw up his hold/link-ups for months now.

Held Alderweireld off all game, brilliant first time flick to put Pedro through for the first goal. Pretty great in my eyes. Just needs to work on the actual scoring. 

1 minute ago, Viva La Hazard said:

Held Alderweireld off all game, brilliant first time flick to put Pedro through for the first goal. Pretty great in my eyes. Just needs to work on the actual scoring. 

Yup. Sounds like the minimum a striker of our team's stature should be doing.

Think Conte will be more impressed in this game than any of the early stage cup games where he scored. His hold and link up play seems to have come along way. Seems more happy to pass to other rather than focus on getting himself on the scoresheet

If Conte doesn't think Batshuayi is up for it, maybe there's a reason for that. I don't see him ever starting over Costa until the season is over actually.