Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

He really is a special talent. When he builds up chemistry with his teammates through playing regularly he can develop into a star.

I sort of hope that no matter who we bring in up top, Michy is the partner for them and isn't benched. His technique and explosiveness can cause teams fits.

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

He really is a special talent. When he builds up chemistry with his teammates through playing regularly he can develop into a star.

I sort of hope that no matter who we bring in up top, Michy is the partner for them and isn't benched. His technique and explosiveness can cause teams fits.

I fully agree with you. Michy is young but very talented. On top of this, he is a very nice chap and a fair player, in total contrast to Diego Costa. Michy must play. And I am sure that would he be our first striker, he would score 20 goals or so during his first season with us.

8 hours ago, Pizy said:

I'm tempted to predict that even if Costa stays Michy will force Antonio to regard him, not the Spaniard, as our top striker. Only tempted mind because the last time I made such a prediction Studge never did oust Torres, despite it being blindingly obvious that the youngster was the better player. Instead of becoming our starter within two months, Danny was gone within six. So, although I know what I think will happen with Bats, I'll hold off on the prediction.:)

56 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I'm tempted to predict that even if Costa stays Michy will force Antonio to regard him, not the Spaniard, as our top striker. Only tempted mind because the last time I made such a prediction Studge never did oust Torres, despite it being blindingly obvious that the youngster was the better player. Instead of becoming our starter within two months, Danny was gone within six. So, although I know what I think will happen with Bats, I'll hold off on the prediction.:)

This will happen 1,000% if we sign Lukaku. But like with the Torres Saga, that price tag will keep Lukaku in the Starting XI. 

I know I've been very vocal Batshuayi fan, but I really really believe he'll be amazing for us if given the chance. His Expected Goals/Assists per 90mins were on ridiculous levels last season for Marsielle. 

I found a few articles on him, for those (like myself) that haven't seen him play (much).

https://13steps.co/2015/10/07/psg-2-1-marseille-contrasting-4-3-3s-take-center-stage-in-le-classique/

http://statsbomb.com/2015/10/after-gradel-martial-and-payet-who-is-ligue-1s-next-starlet/

Excerpt from another Statsbomb article:

Michy Batshuayi

Pretty much everything I said about Michy from two months ago still stands. The guy has been dynamite this season and with the financial problems that Marseille have because of no Champions League football, there’s almost no chance in hell he stays past this season. Hell, he might leave in January if the right offer comes along. Spurs have been the most keen on signing him and if they get him, they’re getting potentially a top 10 striker in the world by the time he hits age 25. He is that good a prospect and if he ever learns to be a good playmaker, the world is his oyster.

8 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I found a few articles on him, for those (like myself) that haven't seen him play (much).

https://13steps.co/2015/10/07/psg-2-1-marseille-contrasting-4-3-3s-take-center-stage-in-le-classique/

http://statsbomb.com/2015/10/after-gradel-martial-and-payet-who-is-ligue-1s-next-starlet/

Excerpt from another Statsbomb article:

Michy Batshuayi

Pretty much everything I said about Michy from two months ago still stands. The guy has been dynamite this season and with the financial problems that Marseille have because of no Champions League football, there’s almost no chance in hell he stays past this season. Hell, he might leave in January if the right offer comes along. Spurs have been the most keen on signing him and if they get him, they’re getting potentially a top 10 striker in the world by the time he hits age 25. He is that good a prospect and if he ever learns to be a good playmaker, the world is his oyster.

Good reeads

Theres no doubt whatsoever that the 2 signings we have so far just might be the best 2 buys of the seasonj. Its reminding me of the Cescy/Costa window.

But lets all hope theres a couple of defenders on their way to our halowed turf.

5 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Good reeads

Theres no doubt whatsoever that the 2 signings we have so far just might be the best 2 buys of the seasonj. Its reminding me of the Cescy/Costa window.

But lets all hope theres a couple of defenders on their way to our halowed turf.

Yeah.  FB and CB.  Replacement (identified and lined up) for Costa if he goes.  I wouldn't really mind another winger since I like the idea of Hazard as a FWD.  But, that depends on how Conte views the squad I suppose.

The club should be very grateful Real turned down their offers. I've always said Michy is as talented as Morata (at least) and I still stand by that stance. Good pace, agile, uses his body well in physical duels. Conte will hopefully light a fire in that belly to get him moving and pressing.

One of the things I like him about him is his nifty footwork and his ability to quickly pull the trigger with both feet. It's a great skill to have as a striker because he can create that bit of space for himself.

Whether he'll become a great striker will depend on his own development in terms of movement, timing, decision-making and his ability to remain calm. I like his personality so I really hope he'll surprise and blow up immediately as the next exciting striker prospect.

Was really poor yesterday. Costa wasn't good either. As far as strikers go, only Traore has looked good so far.

Costa seems lost and Michy has looked good at times and bad at times. It's still only preseason but Traore is the only one that seems to know how to play as a second striker. Picks up great positions and makes great runs.

5 minutes ago, Liquidator said:

Deleted his twitter account after abuse from him missing chances today apparently. I really do despair of this club's supporters sometimes

I knew this would happen. Kante next.

Why Mikel has decided to come back for more abuse is crazy to me.