Jonas Hector

mccg

14 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

Ah yes, TalkChelsea's favourite left-back :lol:

It's truly astounding how overrated he is by this forum. He's good, but the ratings he gets from this forum would suggest he's world class. It's pretty hilarious watching everyone jump on the bandwagon.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's truly astounding how overrated he is by this forum. He's good, but the ratings he gets from this forum would suggest he's world class. It's pretty hilarious watching everyone jump on the bandwagon.

Most people are just desperate for any fullback we could get after Ivanovic's horrendous season last term. But yeah in overall I agree with you, he might not be as good as most people think, given there is no other top club fighting for him either.

36 minutes ago, We Hate Scouse said:

I make this point often IF he is so good and IF he is so cheap then it begs the ultimate question, why has 'no-one signed him yet?'.

At least when it was Luke Shaw people were more informed from watching the lad play for Southampton, England and United. Rodriguez's evaluation seems to come off a solid 2014 World Cup campaign that he had. 

As you said, he's good but you'd think he was Roberto Carlos' heir :lol: 

My choice for full-back would be Mattia De Sciglio who Conte knows very well from Italian NT. Versatile player who can play both sides just as good and still young with huge potential for development.

Maybe not among the elite full-backs at the moment but out of those even remotely available, who are?

The guys upstairs pick the players who must not be removed from the XI. They will not allow Ivanovic to be removed. Azpi will never be outplayed by anyone we sign. So there is really no logical reason to play with the idea of some new elite full back coming in, I think.

33 minutes ago, Despiadado.Maleante said:

Baba Rahman level.

Seriously? Really? I just don't get this comment. Baba is very good at attacking and he seems to be poor at defending, while Hector is a very good defender but not a fullback. In what universe is he is the same level as Baba? They are so different they can't really be compared.

From everything I've read about him and all the Youtubes Ive seen with the comments etc this lad seems to have a good rep all apart from 1 game in the Euros when 1;2 the German fans said he went forward too much but the other half loved him FOR going forward!! So whatever player we ever get linked with whether it be Martin Olsson or Alaba half the people will hate them and the other half will be jumping up n down shouting YES!

So whoever we get we wont know what theyre like or if they will fit in till we try them out. Its always a gamble.

7 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

From everything I've read about him and all the Youtubes Ive seen with the comments etc this lad seems to have a good rep all apart from 1 game in the Euros when 1;2 the German fans said he went forward too much but the other half loved him FOR going forward!! So whatever player we ever get linked with whether it be Martin Olsson or Alaba half the people will hate them and the other half will be jumping up n down shouting YES!

So whoever we get we wont know what theyre like or if they will fit in till we try them out. Its always a gamble.

He was an offensive beast during the Euros. His crossing and passing were tremendous. I think an attacking fullback would compliment Azpilicueta extremely well. 

4 hours ago, Spike said:

He was an offensive beast during the Euros. His crossing and passing were tremendous. I think an attacking fullback would compliment Azpilicueta extremely well. 

Wasn't  that SUPPOSEDLY the reason we got shot of our last one?

6 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Wasn't  that SUPPOSEDLY the reason we got shot of our last one?

Yep.

Don't see Hector as any better than Baba Rahman, if anything Baba was higher rated in Germany at the time he was bought to Chelsea. And not to mention Hector being 26 and Baba just 22 so the latter still has a lot of room for development in the next few years, maybe he'll even learn to defend.

I think Hector is overrated by many just for the fact he plays for Germany NT, the current world champions. Just because he managed to sneak into the side when they're severely lacking in quality full-backs after Lahm doesn't mean he's all that good.

This is nothing more than a white, older Baba Rahman. If we send Baba out only to get this guy in, the whole board needs to fuck off cause this is much of a muchness. People here are saying that Ricardo Rodriguez is TalkChelseas favourite LB and overrated: definitely not. Much better than Jonas and Baba and would be a huge improvement. Watched all of Wolfsburgs UCL games and the games against Dortmund and Bayern and he's a good player. Good enough for us.

Every manager we have had during the Roman era as stated, categorically, that there has been no interference in team affairs from Roman or from anyone else. The only near exception to that was when Bobby DiMatteo let it be known that he had been asked not to select Studge in the last couple of months before the striker's move to Liverpool. Something had obviously gone on between Daniel and the club which meant that the relationship had come to an end. Other than that however the managers claim that the record is perfect.

I know that, owing to a certain agenda, many people will believe that all of the managers have lied. I don't. It's possible to imagine that they might have signed confidentiality clauses which prevented any disclosure of internal matters but such a clause, if it exists, could only prevent them speaking their mind. It could not force them to say things were good if they really thought they were bad.

2 hours ago, mccg said:

Just get 1 in ffs,could have should have ,held onto Baba until a replacement was had,this board tut tut tut need a kick up the butt.Ohh to have Ake.

Can you make one post without moaning and swearing? just one.

• 4 months later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You