test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Iggy Doonican

Where next for England ?

Started by Iggy Doonican,

Another spineless performance from players who lets be frank don't give a shit about the England team. The person who I particularly loathe is Joe Hart a man so aloof who would appear to believe International Football is like an unwanted chore that he does begrudgingly. He was doing all this pathetic chest slapping before the game and then played like he did was almost laughable. I've been watching the England team for over 40 years and in all that time you can count one hand how many times they have played well. Even competitions where we have done well we've played poorly in a lot of the matches Italia 90 only played well against Holland and Germany (outplayed in large chunks against Belgium and Cameroon's lack of experience cost them). Euro 96 could have been different if McCalister scored that penalty but we did play well against Holland and Germany.

England have always had a problem with flair players Osgood, Hudson, Currie, Bowles, Worthington have probably got less caps between them then Carlton Palmer and Hoddle was largely underused when he was one of our gifted ever players. Last night was just off the scale piss poor and Hodgson is entirely culpable. Sterling has been having a terrible tournament and even admitted it was getting to him and yet he started. Sturridge played as a right winger and then on comes Wilshire who is so unfit it's not real. Rooney should call it a day he's no Michael Ballack and after seeing the way Italy played I can't see Conte being to keen on Cahill.

So who takes over?. Last night Alan Shearer throws his hat into the ring saying he couldn't do any worse it's not exactly a ringing endorsement is it. They will probably go for Gareth Southgate an extremely bland and safe choice with a very average managerial career so of course in the F.A's eyes that makes you the right man for the job. Ex England internationals will always be offered a manager's job simply on their playing careers Shilton, Waddle, Platt, Pearce, Butcher, Sheringham, Ince, Mark Wright, Barnes, Neville,, Adams, Robson, and every single one of them has been either fucking useless or very average.

Eddie Howe has been talked about but although he's promising I think it's to early for him so out of an anorexic bunch I would go for Pardew not a great manager but who is and who would take the job who is a top manager? Remember this is the country who hired Steve McClaren so the bar is not exactly high.

Assuming the FA are sticking to the English managers their is only one man for the job and that's Sam Allardyce.

He will sort the defenders out and get England playing to their strengths, we have seen with Leicester and Iceland how far good management can get you.

If the FA appoint a clown like Southgate, Hoddle (who hasnt been in the game for years) or even worse Stuart Pearce when a proven tactically astute  manager like Big Sam would take this job in a heartbeat, then I don't know what to say.