test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

Germany v Italy

Started by Jason,

76 posts in this topic

ALL of the PL based players missed their pens! :lol: 

That was some weird shootout. Feels like a strange dream in retrospective. Did it really happen?! :lol:

Did Buffon save a single pen? 

It is definitely a great advantage having Manuel Neuer in goal in a shootout, almost as good as having a 2012 vintage Petr Cech....

7 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Did Buffon save a single pen? 

It is definitely a great advantage having Manuel Neuer in goal in a shootout, almost as good as having a 2012 vintage Petr Cech....

Yes He did. :P Terrible shoot out from both teams, really.

27 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Yes He did. :P Terrible shoot out from both teams, really.

Feel for you, mate. I didn't predict the failures from Zaha or Pelle, but Darmian... we all saw that one coming. Should have never taken a pen, he's so soft, doesn't have the mentality for this kind of work. Conte did a very good job against Germany, got a draw against a far technically superior side. Always had a man to look after Toni Kroos and when Özil got the ball, foul him as soon as possible must have been the instruction. Still, first Italian coach to go out against the arch enemy, that's not good, but shit happens, i guess. 

Blue_Fox_ likes this

4 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

Feel for you, mate. I didn't predict the failures from Zaha or Pelle, but Darmian... we all saw that one coming. Should have never taken a pen, he's so soft, doesn't have the mentality for this kind of work. Conte did a very good job against Germany, got a draw against a far technically superior side. Always had a man to look after Toni Kroos and when Özil got the ball, foul him as soon as possible must have been the instruction. Still, first Italian coach to go out against the arch enemy, that's not good, but shit happens, i guess. 

I always knew Zaza would miss when he started hopping like a cretin :P I would've put in De Rossi in the last few seconds, he knows how to take a pen.
Allow me also to say we've been a bit unlucky in the great picture, probably if we had the whole team without injures we would have gone to the final, but football is not a game of ifs.
Sturaro got almost injured at half time, played the rest of the match with a small injury, and this happened to us for 2 matches in a row. If Kroos will ever need a baby sitter for the baby Kroos (if he has any) he knows who to call.
I'm proud of the team, we had a makeshift midfield and still took the strongest team at this euro (by far) to penalties and still over the first 5 penalties.
Finally you've managed to beat us :clap: Now please go on to win this tourney if you go to the final against Portugal or against France in the semis. (if you meet either Iceland or Wales, I'm sorry, I'll be rooting for them)
Sadly I was right in my initial estimation for this cup, out at the QT.

Essien19 and kellzfresh like this

Just now, Blue_Fox_ said:

I always knew Zaza would miss when he started hopping like a cretin :P I would've put in De Rossi in the last few seconds, he knows how to take a pen.
Allow me also to say we've been a bit unlucky in the great picture, probably if we had the whole team without injures we would have gone to the final, but football is not a game of ifs.
Sturaro got almost injured at half time, played the rest of the match with a small injury, and this happened to us for 2 matches in a row. If Kroos will ever need a baby sitter for the baby Kroos (if he has any) he knows who to call.
I'm proud of the team, we had a makeshift midfield and still took the strongest team at this euro (by far) to penalties and still over the first 5 penalties.
Finally you've managed to beat us :clap: Now please go on to win this tourney if you go to the final against Portugal or against France in the semis. (if you meet either Iceland or Wales, I'm sorry, I'll be rooting for them)

tbf Germany has its best attacking midfielder injured too, Khedira injured himself 15mins in the game, forcing an unfit Schweinsteiger to go 105 mins.Other than that congrats to your great tournamnet, you really made the best out of an average squad and played with heart and intelligence all day long. But I can assure you we will win this tournament. 

Blue_Fox_ likes this

8 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

tbf Germany has its best attacking midfielder injured too, Khedira injured himself 15mins in the game, forcing an unfit Schweinsteiger to go 105 mins.Other than that congrats to your great tournamnet, you really made the best out of an average squad and played with heart and intelligence all day long. But I can assure you we will win this tournament. 

Yes, I know, but you have Draxler and Bastian to replace them, and they are quality still, Germany has great depth.
We got an entire department injured basically, and not so great replacements, Marchisio, Verratti, De Rossi, That would've made a difference I reckon, for the entire euro. 
But oh well, it went how it went, let's see what the future holds now.

4 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Don't know why he didn't bring on De Rossi, looks like a mistake from Conte.

I know that your team had to keep going without important players, but today i wasn't impressed with your attacking department, Pelle was underwhelming, imo. No one knows how your team would have done with the likes of Verratti, Marchisio, Motta, De Rossi, Candreva...i'm having a hunch that that team would have still lacked goals. But who am i to say so, only god knows who's right on this one. Magic Lamps already said it, Reus and Gundogan would have made the cut too. But i'm not here to be an ass, i get where you're coming from, no problem. You have every right to be proud of your team, it doesn't get any closer than this!

I can see Germany dismantling that French team. They're a bunch of individuals and have no organization whatsoever when it comes to defending. Evra is a has been and donkey Rami is always ready for another mistake. I rated Matuidi highly, but now i know why most of the PSG fans want him out. He's not the player he once was. No wonder they want to buy Krychowiak, Emery is a smart man. If Iceland isn't ready to take them out, i hope history repeats itself and we'll send the hosts packing, happened all before in Brasil, time to kiss goodbye. They also had it coming!

Ramsey is gonna be a huge miss for Wales, it doesn't take a smart man for that one. I'm under the impression that Carvalho's suspended too, but it looks like this year, it's Portugal's year. They progress and progress, keep winning against all odds, lucky me had a tenner on them before the tournament had even started. In principle i don't have a problem, after 2004 and the long road i wouldn't begrudge CR 7 for winning a title, but i can't cheer for them if we would have to take them on. Of course the same applies to Wales. Bale has become quite a player, matured a lot, now he's twice the player Eden Hazard is. :ph34r:

Blue_Fox_ likes this

3 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

Yes, goals have never been our stronger point, except a few times. It's a shame how Reus skipped two international tournaments in a row now, I think, without all those injuries, he could've been thrice that one player we know of :ph34r:

In a match between France and Germany I'm always going to cheer for Germany, the why shouldn't be too hard to figure out, we got our fourth start against them, and we slapped them silly in the following Euro, still that's not good enough the way I see it, but before that I'm hoping for another Iceland miracle.

I like that Portugal team, I've said it many times, Carvalho (Yes he's suspended for this match) Sanches, Moutinho, all players I like a lot, but Ronaldo is too much a cunt for me to be fit to lift an international trophy, but I can respect their spirit to keep winning and getting through with tooth and nail.

5 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Yes, goals have never been our stronger point, except a few times. It's a shame how Reus skipped two international tournaments in a row now, I think, without all those injuries, he could've been thrice that one player we know of :ph34r:

In a match between France and Germany I'm always going to cheer for Germany, the why shouldn't be too hard to figure out, we got our fourth start against them, and we slapped them silly in the following Euro, still that's not good enough the way I see it, but before that I'm hoping for another Iceland miracle.

I like that Portugal team, I've said it many times, Carvalho (Yes he's suspended for this match) Sanches, Moutinho, all players I like a lot, but Ronaldo is too much a cunt for me to be fit to lift an international trophy, but I can respect their spirit to keep winning and getting through with tooth and nail.

Reus was on his way to fulfill his potential and become an exceptional player when he was at Gladbach. In my view he stagnated big time at BVB, surely, there were great spells and injuries played its part, but i don't want to bring in the excuses, he didn't want it bad enough. But he's a good player on his day, though. I've always rated that one particular Belgian individual higher. He's more talented, but afraid to score goals and despite all the talent, much more of a prick, it's in the pommes, simple as.

Cheering all day long for Iceland, that's fore sure, but France have got the talent, they will score the odd goal, still a man can hope! Their arrogance is nauseating, remember that handball from Henry? Speaking from experience, a lot French people are too arrogant to speak in their native with you if your french isn't on point. Luckily football has its own way to humble people and what better way would be spoil their wankfest. Putain!

I haven't always been a big fan of Ronnie, but i've learned to value his qualities the hard way. You can mock him all you want for his antics, changing his haircuts during half time, who does stuff like that?! But he has got that 'can-do spirit', there's not one day he has had enough, he always wants to better himself. You doesn't find many players who work harder than the Portuguese. I respect that, he lives football, it's running throw his vains. I'm with Jose Mourinho on this one, sometimes he doesn't know any better because he's not highly educated, but we're talking football and he does the talking on the pitch. He's regressed a bit, but still, fighting for club and country, winning trophies collectively and individually. He's not fighting his coach in the locker room, off the pitch he pays his taxes and doesn't try to fuck us, the ordinary people. Today, i respect him! Would give them the Belgium individual in exchange any day of the week without hesitation, would even drive him to the airport myself. He's a winner and Chelsea cries out for one.

Lineker's law again.
I did n't like the way the Italians approached the penalties. Perform a rain dance then shoot the ball.
The first round of five ended 2-2, an all time low, but the Italians were uncharacteristically silly.

11 hours ago, Essien19 said:

I've always been a big fan of Reus, about talent, yes, I think you're right, but I like to think that as a player Reus brings more to the table; he can shoot, dribble, he can pick a pass, it's a more mature and astute player than Hazard. Take away Hazard's dribbling and he's left with nothing, just his prick attitude. Ideally I would take both in my team though.

How could I forget that handball! Back then, Trapattoni was Ireland's manager. Not to mention Zidane headbutting Materazzi, nice way to retire dude. As you've said, arrogant pricks.

If there ever was one Ronaldo's quality I can appreciate, it's his hard work and hunger to always win, you're right, but that's it. He works hard only for himself, I much prefer Bale, he's without a doubt the best player in that Wales team, and yet he plays for and with his team mates, he's one of them on all levels, he doesn't try to make it only about himself. I wrote it somewhere else, I think Portugal aren't being that effective, ironically, because of Ronaldo's obsession with himself, taking a direct shot from a 35+ mt FK? That's a goal chance if you put it inside the box.
The same with his obsession of shooting towards the net on sight; there was one clear goal chance in their last match, he was on the right-hand side of the box, impossible angle to score from, with one of his team mates alone hanging around the spot kick, just pass it instead of shooting. That's detrimental to his whole team.
I can appreciate his work off the pitch though, charities and such, that's always nice to hear.

7 hours ago, cosmicway said:

Lineker's law again.
I did n't like the way the Italians approached the penalties. Perform a rain dance then shoot the ball.
The first round of five ended 2-2, an all time low, but the Italians were uncharacteristically silly.

I believe what we witnessed last night were various curses at play; Italy being historically bad at penalties (except that one instance); Germany never beating Italy; Germany always winning penalties.
The end result was that comically bad shoot out. We even had the upper hand of the whole thing before the last 2 penalties. It was surreal.

Essien19 likes this

I almost feel bad for the Bayern players we've created mental complexes for in 2012! :lol: 

Schweinstiger chose to shoot the pens with the Italy fans behind because “I’ve been thinking about earlier penalty shoot-outs I have been involved in. Against Chelsea in 2012, Bayern shot against our own fans.”

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/referee-not-believe-bastian-schweinsteigers-decision-ahead-italy-germany-shoot-bild/

Poor guy! :lol: 

The Chels likes this