test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

Germany v Italy

Started by Jason,

76 posts in this topic
7 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

@Essien19 If you're the superstitious type, here's an interesting item (one I had forgot (the friendly part that is), and has been mentioned lately); In march 2006 Italy and Germany met for a friendly, match which ended up with a score of 4-1 in Italy's favour, later that summer Italy won the WC Semi-Final against Germany by 2-0.

That doesn't bode well for my NT :(

Bookies have listed us as (big) favorites (2,2 vs. 3,7 betfair win in 90 min.), can't believe it. I remember both games back in 2006, the first heavy defeat caused an uproar, frosty wind afterwards for Klinsi, mhh. To our defence, quality wasn't there, but we had fight in us, it's always been there. Fecking Odonkor made the team while your team oozed class. Don't want to speak much about that second game, broke my heart back then. One thing, why the feck did you guys call in the police to sideline Frings?! ...still thinking what could have been in 2012 with Muller, stupid Low benched him, ffs...

As you've read, a lot of things had gone worse which led to unresolved anger issues, but today, it's different. Calmed down! Love Conte's in-game coaching, one of the reason why PSG showed Blanc the boot was him lacking emotions, whether De Rossi is playing or not, Conte will have his soldiers be right up for it. Wouldn't read much into a friendly, especially Conte's Italy is much stronger now. And if you do lose, you go out with a fight, wouldn't be that pessimistic before we even kicked a ball. Your team is tactically astute, very mature.

Our players have to give their all, but bans could happen, already at risk are the likes of Boateng, Hummels, Khedira, Kimmich and Özil, ffs. Turning to better things, in my view Toni Kroos has been playing at a world class level so far, will be interesting to see how you will take care of him and stop him putting in the deliveries. There's a risk that your team will be the first Italy side to lose an important match to a German team, that would be a real shame. Hope we get in your heads and you start overthinking. Fecking mind games. :cig:

Blue_Fox_ and Johnnyeye like this

7 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

Bookies have listed us as (big) favorites (2,2 vs. 3,7 betfair win in 90 min.), can't believe it. I remember both games back in 2006, the first heavy defeat caused an uproar, frosty wind afterwards for Klinsi, mhh. To our defence, quality wasn't there, but we had fight in us, it's always been there. Fecking Odonkor made the team while your team oozed class. Don't want to speak much about that second game, broke my heart back then. One thing, why the feck did you guys call in the police to sideline Frings?! ...still thinking what could have been in 2012 with Muller, stupid Low benched him, ffs...

As you've read, a lot of things had gone worse which led to unresolved anger issues, but today, it's different. Calmed down! Love Conte's in-game coaching, one of the reason why PSG showed Blanc the boot was him lacking emotions, whether De Rossi is playing or not, Conte will have his soldiers be right up for it. Wouldn't read much into a friendly, especially Conte's Italy is much stronger now. And if you do lose, you go out with a fight, wouldn't be that pessimistic before we even kicked a ball. Your team is tactically astute, very mature.

Our players have to give their all, but bans could happen, already at risk are the likes of Boateng, Hummels, Khedira, Kimmich and Özil, ffs. Turning to better things, in my view Toni Kroos has been playing at a world class level so far, will be interesting to see how you will take care of him and stop him putting in the deliveries. There's a risk that your team will be the first Italy side to lose an important match to a German team, that would be a real shame. Hope we get in your heads and you start overthinking. Fecking mind games. :cig:

Back then FIGC's (Italian Federation) word was "We know nothing about Frings, we haven't requested anything of FIFA." Obviously, no one talked about that here after the statement.
I recently re-watched that semi-final, the nostalgia is like a punch in the stomach, bloody Cannavaro in our team.
De Rossi is a big concern for me, fundamental to the team one could say, word is Parolo is going to replace him, with Sturaro taking Parolo's place, hope they both are up for it and follow Antonio's instructions to the letter.
One of the reasons I'm worried about this match (more than the one with Spain) is the fact that Spain had blatant weaknesses that they never bothered to fix, apply pressure, they roll down on their belly, Germany on the other hand are effortless in their play, little to no weaknesses, only hope is to keep you out of the net like Poland did, and still in that match Gotze was the forward not Gomez.
I hear you about the bans, we've a grand total of 10 players at risk, with less depth than you, I think that's tournament second "best."
Karma is also bad, everyone is cheering for Italy now after a couple of good performances, why can't they keep saying over and over how shit we are :lol: That's what truly keeps us going, proving everyone wrong.

Johnnyeye and Essien19 like this

40 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Back then FIGC's (Italian Federation) word was "We know nothing about Frings, we haven't requested anything of FIFA." Obviously, no one talked about that here after the statement.
I recently re-watched that semi-final, the nostalgia is like a punch in the stomach, bloody Cannavaro in our team.
De Rossi is a big concern for me, fundamental to the team one could say, word is Parolo is going to replace him, with Sturaro taking Parolo's place, hope they both are up for it and follow Antonio's instructions to the letter.
One of the reasons I'm worried about this match (more than the one with Spain) is the fact that Spain had blatant weaknesses that they never bothered to fix, apply pressure, they roll down on their belly, Germany on the other hand are effortless in their play, little to no weaknesses, only hope is to keep you out of the net like Poland did, and still in that match Gotze was the forward not Gomez.
I hear you about the bans, we've a grand total of 10 players at risk, with less depth than you, I think that's tournament second "best."
Karma is also bad, everyone is cheering for Italy now after a couple of good performances, why can't they keep saying over and over how shit we are :lol: That's what truly keeps us going, proving everyone wrong.

That's typical Italian, but i respect that: 'we can't afford to lose', as simple as that.

The German side isn't as good as it was 2014, currently i see two big problems.

• 1) Khedira and Kroos are good players, but they need the fecking ball at their feet. I heavily put into question their backward movements, neither of them posses the tactical nous for the right positioning and there is no help out there. In the German media there is talk going on about bringing back the 'Schwein', that wouldn't help one bit, would even make us more a liability off the ball.

• 2) Fullbacks. Guardiola once said: 'Lahm is the only right-back in the world who can dominate play from his position.' Concerning this he does have a point. Things get a lot worse when taking into account the 'replacements. Nowadays there's Hector (average at best) and as things look Kimmich. Kimmich is the better player, but still, inexperienced and they will target them, the both of them. Your country have the players who could cause some serious damage. When and not if they get behind the defence, crossing will be dropped like bombs and who better than this fecking terminator Pelle is there to convert them?! Koeman had its problems with him during last season, downward spiral is quite fitting, but at the beginning as well as the end he put them behind. Conte brings the best out of him. Even Boateng and Hummels can't defend all the time, eventually Italy will sneak one in, i've already seen in back in 2012, Cassano put in the decisive one which opened the scoring...

Italy is as always a team. Their spirit is sky high, no Cannavaro as you've said, but still very difficult to break down. I don't watch many Italian matches...so far i haven't seen one big weakness. Germany will attack, they will constantly drive forward, Boateng will dish out pinpoint shiftpoints, hope we shoot enough, can't see how we'll score a header against Chiellini and the others.

Blue_Fox_ likes this

7 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

I hear you about the fullbacks, that is one issue in your team that we'll definitely try to exploit.
About Italy's weaknesses there are a number, the first is a collateral effect of Conte's style of play, run, run, run, run, always in movement, up and down the pitch, everyone everywhere; it's our biggest strength, but also quite a weakness as reached the 70' we're already quite tired, and, considering how our best performances were the first and the one against Spain, where almost the whole starting XI was rested, I don't know if I have to expect another match similar to the one against Sweden (flat, not very good plays, looked already on our knees) that would be very bad for us. Thankfully there is that wall that is our defence and that living legend that is Buffon that kept us ahead most times.
The other thing is, whenever we manage to get the ball back in our own half, or right outside our own box, we struggle to pass the ball with accuracy, thus losing possession way too early. This didn't happen against Spain, but as the match was in its dying stages it was an issue that resurfaced, possibly linked to us being tired.
Either way, 1 more day :D

Essien19 likes this

It's two loved countries today.
Germany and Italy.
The two countries that shared Caterina Valente.

I decided to go for Italy because they are the force to come.
They went to France with the mentality "vai prendi la".
Italy are no longer the auxiliaries of South Africa 2010 and Brazil 2014.

But it's going to be a greate battle between the two supergiants:

I fell in love with Conte in this tournament, but i support Germany and dunno what to do now! Probably the best thing is that Germany beat Italy and Conte comes to London, because if Italy gonna go all the way to the final it's gonna be like 4 days for Conte to meet the  players and staff and get familiar with Cobham

3 hours ago, MefiX19 said:

I fell in love with Conte in this tournament, but i support Germany and dunno what to do now! Probably the best thing is that Germany beat Italy and Conte comes to London, because if Italy gonna go all the way to the final it's gonna be like 4 days for Conte to meet the  players and staff and get familiar with Cobham

That is a no argument, as he'll most likely start to work when the tournament is over, even if we get knocked out. No one gains nothing with that. I'd much rather have players knocked out earlier, so they'll be rested for the hard work ahead.

Here we go, it's our turn finally. I hope this brings some much much needed luck, a run down of our rivalry with Germany (it doesn't have the Euro 2012 one), with a properly fitting Gladiator soundtrack :P
Good luck to both sides, and hope the best wins.

Or not!

Due to Conte being the only Chelseaman left in the tournament leaves me no choice but supporting Italy. So yeah! Come on Italy!!!

45 minutes ago, King11Didier said:

I can't take a side in this match, but I want Conte to start his work with Chelsea sooner. So...

Again with this :lol: He really won't either way until after the tournament, so I don't know why people keep spouting this nonsense.

If Italy are out-his mind will be cleared from NT and will start thinking more about his next club :)

I think he would start thinking about a week of rest before getting to work ^_^ Oh and maybe a few days of regret for not having tried something else he might have not put to test for his last match as NT, his NT, manager.

3 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Germany matching Italy with a 3-5-2. 1-0 to Low already. 

Isn't Kimmich at RB?