test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

Germany v Italy

Started by Jason,

76 posts in this topic

We're going to win this one, about time that we beat Italy when it really matters. Nose picking and sniffing, we do everything to win. ?

Conte could be the first man who did allow that one to happen.

Fingers crossed for Wales too. ?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Blue_Fox_ likes this

7 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

We're going to win this one, about time that we beat Italy when it really matters. Nose picking and sniffing, we do everything to win. ?

Conte could be the first man who did allow that one to happen.

Fingers crossed for Wales too. ?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Hope history won't be made on saturday, rather continue its natural course :D
Massive respect for Germany on this side, unlike some other teams of self-proclaimed world beaters with nothing to truly show for.
Would've much preferred going against someone else, but oh well we're having an orgy on this side of the draw.

Essien19 likes this

Whoever wins this tie I reckon will be one of the two teams in the final.

France are overrated and I don't think I need to comment on England/Iceland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue_Fox_ and RoyalBlues like this

2 hours ago, Ledgi said:

Whoever wins this tie I reckon will be one of the two teams in the final.

France are overrated and I don't think I need to comment on England/Iceland.

Whoever wins this tie could be considered the favourite for winning the whole thing. Only negative there is, is that this side of the draw is heavy and it's going to have whoever is in the final drained and tired. But it's absurd to think Belgium/Portugal have any chance against this Germany or (as already displayed with Belgium) against this Italy.
Then again french are being french at this tournament and trying to get to the final easily (see the ticket situation). Hope Iceland does them.

Whoever wins this tie could be considered the favourite for winning the whole thing. Only negative there is, is that this side of the draw is heavy and it's going to have whoever is in the final drained and tired. But it's absurd to think Belgium/Portugal have any chance against this Germany or (as already displayed with Belgium) against this Italy.

Then again french are being french at this tournament and trying to get to the final easily (see the ticket situation). Hope Iceland does them.

I get where you're coming from but I mentioned reaching the final only, cause in the final itself you never know what's going to happen no matter which two teams faces each other.

shouldn't we root for Germany so Conte can fix CFC? Just in case you haven't heard this, but Italy has never lost a competitive match vs Germany

4 hours ago, robdog said:

shouldn't we root for Germany so Conte can fix CFC?

No. Antonio will have plenty of time to fix Chelsea later. And besides he won't be able to do anything real until after the tournament.
Besides, I think he's already regretting his decision to leave the national team. Said yesterday in an interview he would've like to stay more.

Essien19 likes this

4 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

No. Antonio will have plenty of time to fix Chelsea later. And besides he won't be able to do anything real until after the tournament.
Besides, I think he's already regretting his decision to leave the national team. Said yesterday in an interview he would've like to stay more.

well if that is the case, why was Conte doing this after the match?

CmB_3o5VEAAYO5v.jpg

this is a very positive sign that Conte is ready to for the task to right the ship @ Stamford Bridge.

Fernando and kellzfresh like this

22 minutes ago, robdog said:

this is a very positive sign that Conte is ready to for the task to right the ship @ Stamford Bridge.

Obviously he is, he wouldn't have taken the job if he wasn't.
But yesterday he did acknowledge with a note of regret that he is leaving the National Team too soon. Again, he's regretting leaving the NT not regretting the choice to join Chelsea.

Essien19 likes this

20 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

But it's absurd to think Belgium/Portugal have any chance against this Germany or (as already displayed with Belgium) against this Italy.

I'm just going to copy this post so you can hopefully eat those words in a shit sandwich two weeks from now. ^^

21 minutes ago, johnnythefirst said:

I'm just going to copy this post so you can hopefully eat those words in a shit sandwich two weeks from now. ^^

Well, as I've said, the only advantage those two teams have over the others, is the fact that our side of the draw is much more tiring and draining. That could actually play a part in the final. But in normal conditions 10 times out of 10 I would put money on either Italy or Germany.

21 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Well now England are knocked out I want Italy to win because of Conte, but my main worry is the average age of the squad and how it will affect them with the game turnovers.

Italy went into Belgium and Spain fresh and outplayed both, but even then were flagging in the last ten minutes, against Sweeden you looked a bit leggy and the Republic game exposed lack of any real depth, and given the amount of players on yellows, that could become a factor.

The age of the squad was a bit similar to Chelsea in 10/11, we were OK at the start playing once a week, but when CL and league cup started it really affected us, luckily for Italy however, Conte is much better tactically than Ancelotti so there's hope he will find a way to get those results come hell or high water.

I do fear for Italy if you get taken to extra time at any point, I reckon it could end up similar to what happened to Atletico in extra time in Lisbon 2014.

But regardless, Conte has done a great job getting the team to play to the level they have.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Well now England are knocked out I want Italy to win because of Conte, but my main worry is the average age of the squad and how it will affect them with the game turnovers.

Italy went into Belgium and Spain fresh and outplayed both, but even then were flagging in the last ten minutes, against Sweeden you looked a bit leggy and the Republic game exposed lack of any real depth, and given the amount of players on yellows, that could become a factor.

The age of the squad was a bit similar to Chelsea in 10/11, we were OK at the start playing once a week, but when CL and league cup started it really affected us, luckily for Italy however, Conte is much better tactically than Ancelotti so there's hope he will find a way to get those results come hell or high water.

I do fear for Italy if you get taken to extra time at any point, I reckon it could end up similar to what happened to Atletico in extra time in Lisbon 2014.

But regardless, Conte has done a great job getting the team to play to the level they have.

I don't think average age is much of a concern, because the bar is set higher by Buffon, Barzagli, Chiellini, De Rossi, Motta, all others are fairly young or in their better years as footballers.
What is the true concern is the fact that we're the side that ran the most km in the whole tournament, and that's of course is going to take a toll on everyone even the younger people, especially as I mentioned a few times, the two wing-backs.
As for yellows I think reached the semifinal everyone will start over with a clean slate, so it's not much of a worry, what worries me is De Rossi, he doesn't look like being completely fit, yesterday he played almost the whole first half with a slight injury and since Motta won't play next match that's a bit of a concern, so we'll see how that goes.

Tomo likes this

http://www.espnfc.com/european-championship/story/2903858/joachim-low-upbeat-as-germany-seek-first-tournament-win-over-italy
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/euro2016/germany-vs-italy-euro-2016-quarterfinal-preview-prediction-team-news-live-tv-and-betting-odds-a3283106.html

Loving it. Doesn't matter who wins, it's going to be a fantastic match, if Italy wins even more so :P

Germany coach Low: "I believe that the two best sides at this tournament so far will now meet. Now it is our chance to turn the tables. Italy has players who are well schooled in defence, but also great attackers, fast counter-attacks. They play a great attacking game."

Italy manager Conte: "We now face the best side at the European Championship next Saturday. It's going to be very, very hard in all aspects. 

"For me Germany are on a higher level to everybody. So we're going to have to regain our strength and prepare it well, with the same attention, desire and determination because we're going to need something super-extraordinary for that game, not just extraordinary." 

Essien19 likes this

@Essien19 If you're the superstitious type, here's an interesting item (one I had forgot (the friendly part that is), and has been mentioned lately); In march 2006 Italy and Germany met for a friendly, match which ended up with a score of 4-1 in Italy's favour, later that summer Italy won the WC Semi-Final against Germany by 2-0.

That doesn't bode well for my NT :(