test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

Wales v Belgium

Started by Jason,

94 posts in this topic
1 minute ago, Essien19 said:

That should humble these guys, don't even see tears, money must mean  everything to them. No fucks given! And it's always not their fault, it's always on the coach, can't hide forever, i guess.

Sorry to stingray and a few others, decent guys, though. :)

Courtois just gave an interview where he basically told Wilmots to get out. 'Is it time for Wilmots to go?' => 'Yeah, he should decide that for himself.'

Johnnyeye and kellzfresh like this

4 minutes ago, johnnythefirst said:

Courtois just gave an interview where he basically told Wilmots to get out. 'Is it time for Wilmots to go?' => 'Yeah, he should decide that for himself.'

I think Courtois has been with quality that he knows now. He learned from the best in Simeone. 

When you go from simeone to Wilmots it's a huge let down. 

Johnnyeye likes this

4 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

Best match for a very long time. I cheered so fucking loud with my mates, feel a bit sorry for the neighbours, but about time and they had it coming. What a match, what a beauty, can't believe how easily they scored the second one, that's kindergarten stuff, hilarious. That should humble these guys, don't even see tears, money must mean  everything to them. No fucks given! And it's always not their fault, it's always on the coach, can't hide forever, i guess.

Sorry to stingray and a few others, decent guys, though. :)

Arrigo Sacchi: "If Belgium wins, good, if Belgium doesn't win, no one cares." He was obviously talking about the world of football as a whole, in comparison to other great footballing nations.
I would extend this quote to the players as well.
They get their two weeks siesta and then back to leech money out of their respective clubs (majority of them, not all) and complain about how they want a move to a bigger club. Passionless bunch.

Essien19 and Johnnyeye like this

2 tournaments wasted with the useless of Wilmots.

Belgium should  sack that man as soon as possible, if don't want to lose more opportunities with this golden generation.

1 minute ago, Fernando said:

I think Courtois has been with quality that he knows now. He learned from the best in Simeone. 

When you go from simeone to Wilmots it's a huge let down. 

He looked somewhere between furious and almost crying. Apparently he also made his point internally in the locker room. 

Johnnyeye likes this

2 minutes ago, johnnythefirst said:

He has to sell it, shifting the blame and putting one guy into the spotlight is easy, way too easy in my opinion. Most of them won't become the best, they're clearly lacking the right attitude. Most of the guys stagnated over the last year, best example is Hazard. They want the easy life. None of them is a leader. Would cut our losses and sell most of the crop, time to try something different and an aggressive guy like Conte will make them cry. Not going to end well, imo.

Johnnyeye and Blue_Fox_ like this

4 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

He has to sell it, shifting the blame and putting one guy into the spotlight is easy, way too easy in my opinion. Most of them won't become the best, they're clearly lacking the right attitude. Most of the guys stagnated over the last year, best example is Hazard. They want the easy life. None of them is a leader. Would cut our losses and sell most of the crop, time to try something different and an aggressive guy like Conte will make them cry. Not going to end well, imo.

Oh ffs, Hazard was praised into the sky on this forum 4 days ago. If it's 1-1 and you take off Carrasco, put your playmaker on the wing and put Fellaini in the No10 role, you're an idiot. Fellaini should be nowhere near the starting eleven and for me not even in the squad.  If you're going to put KDB on the wing, put on a guy that can actually play football in the centre, like Moussa Dembele.

1 minute ago, johnnythefirst said:

Oh ffs, Hazard was praised into the sky on this forum 4 days ago. If it's 1-1 and you take of Carrasco, put your playmaker on the wing and put Fellaini in the No10 role, you're an idiot. Fellaini should be nowhere near the starting eleven and for me not even in the squad. 

Not from me, you should always put things into perspective. Maybe you should apply as a coach, i don't think it's that crystal clear, but whatever floats you boat, mate. :)

1 minute ago, Weckerz said:

You're arguing with somebody who hates an entire nation because he thinks Hazard caused Mourinho's sacking, just a heads up.

Hate is such a strong word, footie isn't the only thing in life, just food for thought, mate.:)

3 minutes ago, johnnythefirst said:

Oh ffs, Hazard was praised into the sky on this forum 4 days ago. If it's 1-1 and you take of Carrasco, put your playmaker on the wing and put Fellaini in the No10 role, you're an idiot. Fellaini should be nowhere near the starting eleven and for me not even in the squad. 

Not because he deserves it, but Fellaini needed to start. The team was lacking in any kind of physical presence. Establish that Wales won't be able to push Belgium around the field and then bring Carrasco on when it's still 1-1.

Just now, Essien19 said:

Not from me, you should always put things into perspective. Maybe you should apply as a coach, i don't think it's that crystal clear, but whatever floats you boat, mate. :)

If you put on Fellaini, it's crystal clear. He didn't do anything right and almost got sent off again. I think Moussa slept with Wilmots' wife or something. It's not even the young defense's fault. The guy is afraid to play according to our own strength as soon as something goes wrong. 

1 minute ago, kmk108 said:

Not because he deserves it, but Fellaini needed to start. The team was lacking in any kind of physical presence. Establish that Wales won't be able to push Belgium around the field and then bring Carrasco on when it's still 1-1.

Bringing in Fellaini didn't change anything in that aspect. He should never ever start.

If you put on Fellaini, it's crystal clear. He didn't do anything right and almost got sent off again. I think Moussa slept with Wilmots' wife or something. It's not even the young defense's fault. The guy is afraid to play according to our own strength as soon as something goes wrong. 

I actually think Fellaini was quite good when he came in. He won almost every header in the box and Welsh defenders had hard time marking him... Maybe, that's just me.

I think Fellaini almost scored the equalizer thrice.
Wimots is clueless for a manager at this level, but blaming him in the media is one of the most cuntish things to do in football.

2 minutes ago, johnnythefirst said:

Bringing in Fellaini didn't change anything in that aspect. He should never ever start.

Bringing a player into an already going match is different from starting, but I'm not going to argue too much since you've no doubt seen more Belgium matches. I just think Fellaini is more of a physical presence than Carrasco and would have done a slightly better job at setting a tone.

But overall, there was a lack of planning and discipline from this team that any change in the lineup would have changed. Wilmots has been nothing more than a babysitter.

He can win a header, your positioning during corners was abysmal, imo.

Don't know what's wrong with Moussa. Should have played him more, but against this strong opposition, don't know. Still your team cried out for leaders. Don't think Moussa would have been the answer for that.

Anyway, it's over. Your country has currently so much talent, i get that you are sad. No one can change it, but turning on the coach and one player is crossing a line, imo.

Regards!

6 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

Anyway, it's over. Your country has currently so much talent, i get that you are sad. No one can change it, but turning on the coach and one player is crossing a line, imo.

Regards!

I'm not even really blaming Fellaini himself. It's just that you compromise the way you play football when you bring him on in that position. He's not a playmaker. We are not a team that should play kick and rush towards Fellaini. 

I'm blaming the coach because there's not been any tactical evolution since the WC. We play well until we have to chase after conceding and then he's clueless. Wilmots himself just kinda blamed the young defense btw...

He also played Wales three times this year and he still hasn't found how to break their system, because he's afraid to play to his own strengths. 

Sorry, but Wales weren't 'magnificent', they were decent: compact and purposeful in attack. You'd get that from most championship teams.

The Belgians were just gutless and half hearted in everything they did today. It felt like they already thought they were in the semis before the match had started. When things started to go against them they looked absolutely clueless and had no plan whatsoever. Fellaini coming on sealed it for Wales.

One of Wales and Portugal will be in the final :lol: I guess that's cup football for you.