test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

England v Iceland

Started by Jason,

60 posts in this topic

Maybe the PL should stop stealing everybody else's 15 year olds and start giving their own youngsters a chance. Not that it will ever happen, but you'll always end up like this if nothing changes. 

(Also get a decent manager, you always seem to pick the worst guys for the job)

Man, I hope to see that Wayne Rooney a whole lot next season for United! José won't drop him either because he's their captain and talisman. They need to sell millions of shirts of their poster boy after all and he can't ride the bench with that in mind. He is a terrible midfield player.

The new Scholes they said! The new Pirlo they said! LOL!

TheIceMan likes this

'England's manager is paid $4.6 million a year. Iceland's manager is a part-time dentist.'

13501984_1994745950670927_71527483959131

13502162_1029095567200884_69981114929340

TheIceMan and Johnnyeye like this

A Greek team under similar conditions would fly in the pitch - if king Constantine had just returned for example.

Note that our Spanish staff flew home earlier today, our English staff a quarter of an hour ago and also our Brazilian staff from America.

Seriously the FA should do something about english player prices. When Sterling costs 50 Million Pound, u know the system is broken.

Andres Iniesta was cheered and applauded for years on every stadium in Spain (including Santiago Bernabeu) after his winning goal against Netherlands in 2010. Now it's time to see the opposite IMO.

Fans all around England should boo everyone that has been on the pitch tonight. Including Cahill. Every single one of them, booed at every touch of the ball, on every stadium in England next season. Constant humiliaton every week to feel how it is to dissapoint a whole nation. Rooney, Kane, Sturridge, Sterling et all, booed everytime they touch a ball in front of an audience in that country.

This is an utter embarrassment for the nation that has invented this beautiful sport to be knocked out by a country with a population 7 times less than Bucharest, a semi-professional football league and only 100 professional footballers accredited to their federation. 

Johnnyeye likes this

Congrats to Iceland, i did not expect this result, all credit to them for coming back from 1-0 down to win 2-1, great tournament from them so far, they are making history just like Wales. England have no excuses, really poor game from them, i expected much more from England to be honest, i was hoping to see them to reach the Quarter Finals at least. Iceland are beggining to look like giant killers, France must be careful. Cheers and good luck to all teams in the Quarter Finals

Beigl and Essien19 like this

Deserved! Iceland were written off to quickly and we'd been poor group stage so never gana get far.didnt expect to lose but after that performance hardly surprised 

Tonight is a model example of what happens when there's no leadership in the team.

This is exactly the reason why John Terry will play as many games as he's available for. Just as in the World Cup England as a team could have gone so much further with him there, where the defence has looked shaky in both tournaments.

Reminded me of some of the performances we saw last season from Chelsea. No creativity, just passing back and forth and hoping a gap opens. If only the whole team has the desire and drive that Rashford had for the 5 minutes he was given.

I don't quite get what happened to the high pressing England team we saw at the beginning of the tournament and the team that was knocked out. 

11 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

Reminded me of some of the performances we saw last season from Chelsea. No creativity, just passing back and forth and hoping a gap opens. If only the whole team has the desire and drive that Rashford had for the 5 minutes he was given.

I don't quite get what happened to the high pressing England team we saw at the beginning of the tournament and the team that was knocked out. 

Rashford should have come on much earlier, he really troubled the icelandic defenders in the few minutes he played, England coud have even equalized or won if he played more minutes, i think England needs a non english coach in the future, with different tactics and systems, if they want to progress, because the talent is there, they just need the proper guidance. Cheers

Rooney had his head down all night, everytime something didn't go right his head was hung and body language was horrific. He needs to retire now, and I really do not care what people say but he has in no way reached the heights that people said he would. It's time to rip it all up and start again starting with a manager that's full of passion and will pick people who actually deserve to be there. Drinkwater being left out was a huge mistake, not learning anything from the first game was an error only Roy can blame himself for. Last night was the biggest embarrassment for English football I can ever imagine, this lot are a complete and utter disgrace from top to bottom.

The FA also have a lot to answer for.