test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

England v Wales

Started by Jason,

40 posts in this topic

I celebrated with joy when Sturridge scored. BOY I can't believe we actually won a game in the finals. It's been SO long.

BUT. Woy better (and I mean BETTER) not start that headless chicken Sterling next game. He's an overrated piece of crap.

Muzchap likes this

Let's be very realistic here.....This England side is still absolute average at best and god help it when they face a side with anything about them because they will be exposed massively.

You cannot keep selecting players like Sterling and Kane if they continue not to provide anything at all, yet time and time again the same people appear. Oh and Delli Alli too, absolute shite again.

Muzchap likes this

Btw, I still think that the equalizer was offside under the new rules. The ball rebounded off Williams, he didn't mean to play it backwards as a pass, which means Vardy was offside. 

Wales absolutely deserved to lose the game. They basically parked two buses the entire match with a lucky goal which Hart should have saved.

lol, the irony.

25 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Btw, I still think that the equalizer was offside under the new rules. The ball rebounded off Williams, he didn't mean to play it backwards as a pass, which means Vardy was offside. 

Where is this rule change? I can't seem to find it.

13 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

Where is this rule change? I can't seem to find it.

“Gaining an advantage by being in that position” means:

-Playing a ball that rebounds to him off a post or crossbar, having previously been in an offside position.

- Playing a ball, that rebounds to him off an opponent, having previously been in an offside position.

See page 6 here: http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/5. law 11_554.pdf 

5 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

“Gaining an advantage by being in that position” means:

-Playing a ball that rebounds to him off a post or crossbar, having previously been in an offside position.

- Playing a ball, that rebounds to him off an opponent, having previously been in an offside position.

See page 6 here: http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/5. law 11_554.pdf 

That's if you think Williams's header was a deflection. Most people seem to think it was a deliberate header, and looking at the replays (that I can't find online right now), I agree.

That rule more covers a situation where a player takes a shot, it deflects off a defender and another attacker is there already offside, not due to a header.

Just now, kmk108 said:

That's if you think Williams's header was a deflection. Most people seem to think it was a deliberate header, and looking at the replays (that I can't find online right now), I agree.

That rule more covers a situation where a player takes a shot, it deflects off a defender and another attacker is there already offside, not due to a header.

I do think it was not intentional as I pointed out initially.

The law, as it is written, covers any ball that rebounds off an opponent. That includes rebounding off the opponents head, in my mind. 

6 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

The law, as it is written, covers any ball that rebounds off an opponent. That includes rebounding off the opponents head, in my mind. 

That's the problem with interpretation. We don't know Williams's intention. I think he jumped to go for a header, and that's exactly what he did. I don't know if he wanted to head it towards the England goal, towards Hennessy or out for a corner, but I think he intended on getting his head on it. It just happened to fall to Vardy. 

1 minute ago, kmk108 said:

That's the problem with interpretation. We don't know Williams's intention. I think he jumped to go for a header, and that's exactly what he did. I don't know if he wanted to head it towards the England goal, towards Hennessy or out for a corner, but I think he intended on getting his head on it. It just happened to fall to Vardy. 

By what I saw, I think he thought that one of the players in front of him would get something on it and he did not look to me like he was expecting to actually get a head to it.

But you're right, that's the issue with interpreting intentions. 

Great win for England today! Only a point or more now against Slovakia can guarantee progression from the group! 

I thought we were mixed in the first half, but bringing on Vardy and Sturridge in the second half made all the difference. Plus both of them scored our goals.. unfortunately that's not very settling news for Harry Kane. Needs to step up his game if he wants to be picked in the next starting eleven! 

Walker and Rose were tireless all game as our full backs! Really gave Wales problems on the sides.. was really impressed with them.

Only downside.. Raheem Sterling.. 49m? More like 49p on that performance! Really terrible from him! 

Muzchap likes this

16 minutes ago, chrismada9 said:

Great win for England today! Only a point or more now against Slovakia can guarantee progression from the group! 

I thought we were mixed in the first half, but bringing on Vardy and Sturridge in the second half made all the difference. Plus both of them scored our goals.. unfortunately that's not very settling news for Harry Kane. Needs to step up his game if he wants to be picked in the next starting eleven! 

Walker and Rose were tireless all game as our full backs! Really gave Wales problems on the sides.. was really impressed with them.

Only downside.. Raheem Sterling.. 49m? More like 49p on that performance! Really terrible from him! 

Credit to Walker and Rose, but they shouldn't have had to make that much of an impact by themselves. Sterling and Lallana should have been on the wings as well, providing support and one-twos with them.

All the signs from the Russia game where screaming out. Kane looked fucked and Sterling was like a new born baby deer, so based on that alone, they needed removing ahead of todays game. It took Woy 45 minutes to realise that.

The next game Alli must be dropped along with Kane and Sterling.

Muzchap and kellzfresh like this

2 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

Not in a million years was it offside, It was definitely intentional, the defender just got the header horribly wrong.. 

48 minutes ago, James said:

Not in a million years was it offside, It was definitely intentional, the defender just got the header horribly wrong.. 

Didn't look that way in the replay to me. But again, we're judging intention here so there can be no clearly right answer. 

James likes this

10 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Didn't look that way in the replay to me. But again, we're judging intention here so there can be no clearly right answer. 

Unless Williams admits he's shit at headers :lol:

CHOULO19 and Muzchap like this

On 16/06/2016 at 6:36 PM, Special Juan said:

All the signs from the Russia game where screaming out. Kane looked fucked and Sterling was like a new born baby deer, so based on that alone, they needed removing ahead of todays game. It took Woy 45 minutes to realise that.

It also took "Woy" an extra 90 minutes to figure that out against Russia, and he never did.. and judging from the Slovakia game where Russia looked bland against them, they would have been there for the taking, had Vardy been brought on.