test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

Group B Discussion - Wales, Slovakia, England, Russia

Started by Jason,

daniel sturridge 425x265

DANIEL Sturridge has confirmed he is fit and ready to fall to bits.

As Euro 2016 gets under way, the Liverpool striker hopes to follow in the crutch-steps of former England players that have managed to snap something important when it is too late to replace them.

Sturridge said: “I’m in the most breakable condition of my life.

“Timing is everything for this but I’ve been working closely with the England physios and I reckon I can get my whole foot to fall off within the first three minutes of our opening game against Russia.”

Sturridge booked his place in the England squad after impressing Hodgson with a string of superb performances for Liverpool punctuated by a collection of X-rays the size of a phone book.

Pundits feel it could be a big tournament for a number of England players, with Marcus Rashford pipped to be “promising youngster who doesn’t kick a ball”, Harry Kane as “the only decent one” and John Stones as “the one who fucks it all up by hoofing it into his own net”.

Kane looked absolutely knackered, I would definitely rest him against Wales so he is fresh for the rest of the group.

Hart

Walker  Cahill  Terry Stones Bertrand

Alli      Dier    Rooney

Lallana   Vardy  Rashford

N.B, Sterling was absolutely useless on Saturday. Rashford definitely deserves a shot.

However the midfield worked well and only broke when Wilshere (who looked completely out of his depth) and Milner (did he even get a touch of the ball?) came on. The only other player I would consider would be Henderson, where Rooney is.

The team is a tad less Tottenham flavoured. Smalling was poor imo, I think Stones looks better next to Cahill as against Germany.

can't believe russia were so bad, i had them to win the group, never seen such a slow team , we could have easily have  won 6-0 +. need to do something big before their world cup

England threw it away by starting an unfit Wilshere in midfield. 

Congrats to Wales though, Bale's in excellent form

And Hodgson is the next manager whining about small teams playing defensive football. You might hate the Belgian national team but at least we're not complaining too much about teams parking the bus against us. What do you expect?

Fulham Broadway likes this

2 hours ago, johnnythefirst said:

And Hodgson is the next manager whining about small teams playing defensive football. You might hate the Belgian national team but at least we're not complaining too much about teams parking the bus against us. What do you expect?

Uhhhhh, what?

Belgium coach Marc Wilmots criticised Italy for "not playing real football" after the Azzurri's 2-0 win at the European Championship on Monday.

Goals from Emanuele Giaccherini and Graziano Pelle allowed Italy to take all three points, but the Belgium boss didn't think much of Italy's tactics.

"Italy specifically played on the counter-attack. They did not play real football and when faced with everyone sitting back, it becomes difficult," Wilmots told reporters.

He later added: "They were pretty much there on the sofa... they were pretty relaxed."

Blue_Fox_ likes this

49 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

Uhhhhh, what?

You just became my favourite poster :lol:
Not too mention how Wilmots dared to say how our tactics were not so good, since we allowed "1 clear chance"
Someone forgetting how we would have scored 5 if not for Courtois.

5 hours ago, johnnythefirst said:

Iceland park the boat, yet every one loves 'em :D

Haha, already forgot about that one. My anger towards Wilmots is well documented on this site. I don't think Italy parked the bus btw. Still a shitty thing to say. Unless you hit the post five times or something, a loss is a loss.

2 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

You just became my favourite poster :lol:
Not too mention how Wilmots dared to say how our tactics were not so good, since we allowed "1 clear chance"
Someone forgetting how we would have scored 5 if not for Courtois.

Everyone laughed at Wilmots when he said that. Conte owned him and he was trying to save his embarrased skin. He's not representative of Belgian football fans or professionals, believe me.

Blue_Fox_ likes this

Studge and Kane up front I think. Might as well use him before he's injured.

Rashford on the wing wouldn't go amiss too, considering our current issue is that we can't finish our chances.

Oh, and send home Wilshere. Jesus Christ.