test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

Euro 2016 General Chat

Started by Jason,

74 posts in this topic

Could be the fault of the Russians.
There are many such armies besides the English.

Question is, if I go to France as part of their company am I supposed to stand in formation - and hence either get involved in a clash with others or not as the situation commands ? Do I have to attend some drills in Sandhurst before going under the guidance of the SAS ?

42 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Could be the fault of the Russians.
There are many such armies besides the English.

Question is, if I go to France as part of their company am I supposed to stand in formation - and hence either get involved in a clash with others or not as the situation commands ? Do I have to attend some drills in Sandhurst before going under the guidance of the SAS ?

Why would you need to go to Sandhurst before Hereford?

16 minutes ago, Rhino's Skin said:

Why would you need to go to Sandhurst before Hereford?

Sorry, is that where you do training ?
I 'm unaccustomed.
I know Tripolis in Peloponnese, under the Taygetus mountain.
We also had anti-aircraft guns.

Just now, cosmicway said:

Sorry, is that where you do training ?
I 'm unaccustomed.
I know Tripolis in Peloponnese, under the Taygetus mountain.
We also had anti-aircraft guns.

Was just jesting but Sandhurst is for officer training. 

Each Corps has its own training centre for its soldiers.

Anyway...you do your training and we will see you in France organising the defence of the English families that are getting attacked out there

cosmicway likes this

9 minutes ago, Rhino's Skin said:

Was just jesting but Sandhurst is for officer training. 

Each Corps has its own training centre for its soldiers.

Anyway...you do your training and we will see you in France organising the defence of the English families that are getting attacked out there

I can understand defense of families, we 'll fight them on the beaches and all the rest of it.
But ...
So if we cross the channel we start marching to the drums, families et al ?
Do we also say "oh, this is Charlerois, Napoleon will turn up here, betcha", then turn around and go to Waterloo direction ?

The irony of that French MP suggesting sanctions be bought against countries involved in the fighting, yet doesnt the thick frog understand that its thugs from his own country that are starting all the upsets while the police force just lets them

6 minutes ago, Rhino's Skin said:

The irony of that French MP suggesting sanctions be bought against countries involved in the fighting, yet doesnt the thick frog understand that its thugs from his own country that are starting all the upsets while the police force just lets them

I liked it when Juve played Hamburg in Athens. Italians everywhere - some fantastic ladies - supercalifragilissimi.
In the Olympics no one came ...
I was in "Alps" restaurant in the centrum everyday - nobody.

4 hours ago, Rhino's Skin said:

So true -rough count so far. Rowdy England fans initially because bars were closed rucking with cops. 4 attacks by Russian balaclavad fans on English fans. 3 attacks by French youths on English fans. 2 attacks by French fans on Polish and Northern Irish fans. So most attacks by the French up to now.

1 hour ago, johnnythefirst said:

Meanwhile, we just got drunk singing songs with the Italians. 

which is great and what the English,  Norn Irish and Poles intended to do until set upon by local French thugs.

What would the Italians and Belgiums do then?

Even the French bar owners and media have come out in support of the English saying they were just having a rowdy good time and never started any of the trouble.

The article by the Football Supporters Federation UK is spot on

http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/fsf-statement-attacks-on-english-fans-in-marseille-euro2016

as are most of the comments by those that have read it.

My biggest fear is that there will be a reaction from the 'proper' hooligan type from these shores.

I have already heard about several small 'firms' getting themselves organised intent on travelling to Lille to dish out revenge on the Russians. Lets hope the authorities and police are on top of this and keep them apart

1 hour ago, Rhino's Skin said:

which is great and what the English,  Norn Irish and Poles intended to do until set upon by local French thugs.

What would the Italians and Belgiums do then?

Even the French bar owners and media have come out in support of the English saying they were just having a rowdy good time and never started any of the trouble.

The article by the Football Supporters Federation UK is spot on

http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/fsf-statement-attacks-on-english-fans-in-marseille-euro2016

as are most of the comments by those that have read it.

My biggest fear is that there will be a reaction from the 'proper' hooligan type from these shores.

I have already heard about several small 'firms' getting themselves organised intent on travelling to Lille to dish out revenge on the Russians. Lets hope the authorities and police are on top of this and keep them apart

I'm sure many of those incidents were indeed started by French supporters, but let's not act like English hooliganism is non existent. Belgium saw two prime examples of what happens if the worst of the worst are unleashed. In Euro 2000 the city centre of Charleroi was destroyed (well, at least the stuff that was still standing, it's a shithole) and in the eighties 39 people were killed. I'm quite sure the vast majority of fans in every country are just nice people wanting to have a good time, but there were several videos of English hooligans fighting french police and throwing beer bottles and shit around. I will never understand this kind of idiots. 

2018 is bound to be interesting. The Russian fans won't have to even travel. They'll just have to leave their homes.

Moscow football official to violent fans: well done lads, keep it up!

“I don’t see anything wrong with the fans fighting,” Igor Lebedev wrote on Twitter. “Quite the opposite, well done lads, keep it up!”

“I don’t understand those politicians and officials who are criticising our fans. We should defend them, and then we can sort it out when they come home,” Lebedev wrote in a series of tweets.

“What happened in Marseille and in other French towns is not the fault of fans, but about the inability of police to organise this kind of event properly.”

“In nine out of 10 cases, football fans go to games to fight, and that’s normal. The lads defended the honour of their country and did not let English fans desecrate our motherland. We should forgive and understand our fans,” Lebedev told the news agency.

“Our fans are far from the worst; it’s unclear why a lot of media are trying to say our fans’ actions were shameful. You should be objective. If there had been no provocation from English fans, it’s unlikely our fans would have got into fights in the stands.”

5 hours ago, johnnythefirst said:

I'm sure many of those incidents were indeed started by French supporters, but let's not act like English hooliganism is non existent. Belgium saw two prime examples of what happens if the worst of the worst are unleashed. In Euro 2000 the city centre of Charleroi was destroyed (well, at least the stuff that was still standing, it's a shithole) and in the eighties 39 people were killed. I'm quite sure the vast majority of fans in every country are just nice people wanting to have a good time, but there were several videos of English hooligans fighting french police and throwing beer bottles and shit around. I will never understand this kind of idiots. 

you obviously didnt read the article.

From a pure footballing point of view, I am thoroughly enjoying this euro so far. All matches have been quite close (except us and Germany, we dominated Belgium and tactically outclassed them for about 80-85 minutes, while Germany were all too comfortable winners.) and quite fun to watch. For me there is no clear favourite so far, which is extremely good.
Bring on week 2!

I have $100 money on Muller for Golden boot @9 + a $20 bonus for each goal he scores. Couldn't say no to that kind of promo hehe. 

Ronaldo not only does he look like a turd he also acts like one. He was born in Maderia whose population is about 50,000 less then the whole of Iceland. It's the equivalent of Maderia holding Germany to a draw he's such a spoilt ungracious plastic looking shithead. 

6 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Ronaldo not only does he look like a turd he also acts like one. He was born in Maderia whose population is about 50,000 less then the whole of Iceland. It's the equivalent of Maderia holding Germany to a draw he's such a spoilt ungracious plastic looking shithead. 

Spot on mate, blokes a jumped up knob of the highest proportions.