Riyad Mahrez

1 hour ago, Johnnyeye said:

One player that came to my mind is Jose Fonte, solid CB, was great at Euro 2016, just a shame we couldn´t grab Renato Sanches before Bayern, but one midfielder we should definitely go after is Joao Mario.

I like Fonte, solid CB overall, but already over 30 if I'm not mistaken, would much prefer Koulibaly/Mustafi.
Two young players we should've been all over in the past two years are Renato and Dembele, we didn't grab any of them, we're going to regret it for the next 10 years and more. Shame.
I've been watching highlights videos of Joao, (Up until before the Euro didn't know too much about him) and now I'm more and more convinced he could be a very solid midfielder for us, and seeing how our chase for Nainggolan failed I'd welcome him here with open arms.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

I like Fonte, solid CB overall, but already over 30 if I'm not mistaken, would much prefer Koulibaly/Mustafi.
Two young players we should've been all over in the past two years are Renato and Dembele, we didn't grab any of them, we're going to regret it for the next 10 years and more. Shame.
I've been watching highlights videos of Joao, (Up until before the Euro didn't know too much about him) and now I'm more and more convinced he could be a very solid midfielder for us, and seeing how our chase for Nainggolan failed I'd welcome him here with open arms.

i agree, we should have chased at least one of those players, but now it´s more and more difficult, Joao Mario is up for grabs, but he wont come cheap, Sporting´s President is a real hard ass. Nainggolan would be great tough, but it seems a lost cause, one player i wanted for sometime now is Verratti or even Witsel

7 minutes ago, the wes said:

You would need a lorry full of money for Mahrez I would buy Sofiane Boufal a lot cheaper than Maherz and both players are very similar to each other in style

A lorry full of money gets you in positions to win things, scraping the barrel and thinking the team is 'decent' is no good to us. We cannot in this window and we haven't penny pinched so far, if we think a player is available for that position then we should move for him. If it costs 40M to get Mahrez here and players like Oscar and the other dead wood make up for it then great. 

This squad need quality not just on the field but really good options on the bench. Players like Pedro are bench options, Mahrez should be starting, that's the depth I am talking about.

2 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

A lorry full of money gets you in positions to win things,

and it can get u into debt as well I don't want Chelsea going down the same road has Leeds United in football u have to be smart spending money in the transfer window and not over spend on players Leicester prove to everybody u don't need to spend big to win the league 

Just now, the wes said:

and it can get u into debt as well I don't want Chelsea going down the same road has Leeds United in football u have to be smart spending money in the transfer window and not over spend on players Leicester prove to everybody u don't need to spend big to win the league 

The TV money and RA mate makes us not worry now, forget Leeds, they only way we should be compared is the country we are in and not the financial carry on.

If a player fits what we need we go for them, whether it's Mahrez or some other player. Leicester was a total freak happening, it won't happen again soon, we need the desire of the coach and big money spent on this team and very quickly.

1 hour ago, the wes said:

You would need a lorry full of money for Mahrez I would buy Sofiane Boufal a lot cheaper than Maherz and both players are very similar to each other in style

Boufal is a left sided player, the same side as Hazard.

43 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Boufal is a left sided player, the same side as Hazard.

Boufal can play on either flank or in the No.10 role very useful player to have in your squad 

7 minutes ago, the wes said:

Boufal can play on either flank or in the No.10 role very useful player to have in your squad 

Those aren't preferred positions. He's shown the most potential on the left so you don't buy him and stick him on the right.

29 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

80m?!

We aren't a Utd or City. We have some sense.

It was euros, but still. Madrid rejected it and are now asking for more.

Is Mahrez, a CM (Mario), a CB (Manolas or Koulibaly), a LB (Rodriguez) and a back up striker (Gabigol) too much to ask?  

Whispers that City are going to bid for him. Where they getting all their money from? It's like everyone else is going on a spending spree freely. Sane, Nolito, Bonucci, Mahrez, Gundogan, and I am sure others too. 

Riyad Mahez is 5/6 to stay with Leicester despite being linked with Arsenal, Chelsea and even Barcelona. Having failed in their pursuit of Jamie Vardy, the Gunners are 11/4 to swoop for the PFA Player of the Year while Mahrez is 8/1 to follow N'golo Kante to Chelsea this summer. A move to Barcelona can be backed at 5/1.

It SEEMS like we are still looking at forwards with so many linked with us.

But that might be in our favor taking attention from the FB and CB we are going to buy. We bloody better be anyway..

35 minutes ago, It's too big said:

Whispers that City are going to bid for him. Where they getting all their money from? It's like everyone else is going on a spending spree freely. Sane, Nolito, Bonucci, Mahrez, Gundogan, and I am sure others too. 

City wouldn't. They have way too many attacking players.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You