Riyad Mahrez

don't worry about this player.

If Chelsea sign him.

Chelsea will be saying and provoking and will be asking Leicester City Fans to burn down Stamford Bridge when Chelsea hosts Leicester City in the Premier League.

Chelsea won't be that stupid to sign 2 players from the same team, that will be asking for chaos from Leicester City Fans.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Strike said:

17 goals in the league, not to mention 11 assists. Hardly a goal threat? His supposed cons can be worked on, really, like holding on to the ball too long in attack, corner kicks.  This signing is a no-brainer for me - the Premier League player of the season. 

Any other summer and this would have been a great signing. Since there are several positions in need of reinforcement this summer, I'd understand if we don't pursue him but as far as having him here goes, it's a definite yes for me.

He was talking about Willian, not Mahrez unless I am missing something.

On 17.7.2016 at 9:29 PM, Strike said:

17 goals in the league, not to mention 11 assists. Hardly a goal threat? His supposed cons can be worked on, really, like holding on to the ball too long in attack, corner kicks.  This signing is a no-brainer for me - the Premier League player of the season. 

Any other summer and this would have been a great signing. Since there are several positions in need of reinforcement this summer, I'd understand if we don't pursue him but as far as having him here goes, it's a definite yes for me.

I think he was talking about Willian, who is indeed rarely a goal threat even though he has worked on that massively.

As for Mahrez a am surely not against signing him he is too classy a player but recent years have shown that our rw issue won't be solved with money thrown at it. We should only sign another one if someone there leaves or conte has a clear plan how to make this signing work. 

Willian, not Mahrez. The latter is indeed a huge goal threat. Still not over his beauty against City, unstoppable.

5 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

Willian, not Mahrez. The latter is indeed a huge goal threat. Still not over his beauty against City, unstoppable.

Same here. I love seeing that over and over again. The step over and the finish with his weaker foot is just amazing to watch.

And although it was against us, have to admit his goal he scored where he turned Azpi inside out and scored from such a difficult angle was bloody amazing.

15 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

As for Mahrez a am surely not against signing him he is too classy a player but recent years have shown that our rw issue won't be solved with money thrown at it. We should only sign another one if someone there leaves or conte has a clear plan how to make this signing work. 

Our right-wing issue will be fixed when we will field a competent right-back.

On 17.7.2016 at 10:29 PM, Peace. said:

Our right-wing issue will be fixed when we will field a competent right-back.

Well IMO Azpi is a competent right-back. Did not really make Pedro or Willian much better when they played there. I just feel we do not have a tactical balance between fullback and winger on either side yet.

On 17.7.2016 at 10:29 PM, Peace. said:

Here it says Mahrez is close to sign for Chelsea for 45m according to Guardian does anyone know Spanish here because i don't trust google translate and there is nothing on Guardian.

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/the-guardian-mahrez-acerca-chelsea-5273584?utm_source=rss-noticias&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=barca

7 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Well IMO Azpi is a competent right-back. Did not really make Pedro or Willian much better when they played there. I just feel we do not have a tactical balance between fullback and winger on either side yet.

He solely played 11 games this season as right-back and he was obviously uncomfortable there since he was used as a left-back left defender for so long. This is in consequence not the best counter argument. I was obviously refering to the long-term situation.

24 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

Here it says Mahrez is close to sign for Chelsea for 45m according to Guardian does anyone know Spanish here because i don't trust google translate and there is nothing on Guardian.

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/the-guardian-mahrez-acerca-chelsea-5273584?utm_source=rss-noticias&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=barca

Looks made up to me. Don't see anything on The Guardian website or Twitter.

That Kante-Matic pivot gives me nightmares. How are we gonna transition between defence and attack with those two in the middle? And imo Willian is not a #10, he is a pure dribbler. A quote from Roberto Mancini's thesis on this position: "The magic of the number 10 comes from the trequartista's feet, the player of inventiveness, the one who is capable of wrong-footing “everyone with a piece of skill perhaps he is not even fully aware of.” 

Besides, I really doubt we're gonna use the 4-2-3-1. If I'm not mistaken Conte has played two up top wherever he has gone. Yesterday it looked obvious that we were playing a 4-4-2 formation. If we sign Mahrez, that is one massive if, and plan to use the 4-4-2/4-2-4, I would want to see someone like Nainggolan or Gomes to be signed to pair up with N'Golo in midfield because as of now nobody in our team other than him can play there.

7 minutes ago, Hybrid Angel said:

That Kante-Matic pivot gives me nightmares. How are we gonna transition between defence and attack with those two in the middle? And imo Willian is not a #10, he is a pure dribbler. A quote from Roberto Mancini's thesis on this position: "The magic of the number 10 comes from the trequartista's feet, the player of inventiveness, the one who is capable of wrong-footing “everyone with a piece of skill perhaps he is not even fully aware of.” 

Besides, I really doubt we're gonna use the 4-2-3-1. If I'm not mistaken Conte has played two up top wherever he has gone. Yesterday it looked obvious that we were playing a 4-4-2 formation. If we sign Mahrez, that is one massive if, and plan to use the 4-4-2/4-2-4, I would want to see someone like Nainggolan or Gomes to be signed to pair up with N'Golo in midfield because as of now nobody in our team other than him can play there.

Watch Kante's highlights on YouTube. There was a great 17 minute video of him uploaded yesterday that I watched. He was brilliant at transitioning between defense and attack. Lost count of the number of times he won tackles and instantly sprung Leicester's counter attacks.

He isn't just a pure DM. He's got very respectable technique and skill on the ball.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Watch Kante's highlights on YouTube. There was a great 17 minute video of him uploaded yesterday that I watched. He was brilliant at transitioning between defense and attack. Lost count of the number of times he won tackles and instantly sprung Leicester's counter attacks.

He isn't just a pure DM. He's got very respectable technique and skill on the ball.

I'm aware that he has more than decent technique, he was brilliant at Leicester because they get all the space in the world in counter attacks. Kante is a box to box player in a sense that he can run from box to box. He is not very skilled at getting the ball forward. Good at running in a 3 v 3 situation where he can make open passes, but against teams that sit deep? No, he doesn't have the vision and technical ability for that. Therefore, he is not really a box to box midfielder.

Matic and Kante is way too defensive. Nainggolan/Gomes/Mario would provide power in the middle and also creativity going forward as they're all more than capable of creating chances.

With Kante and Matić (or any new b2b midfielder) we have a perfect situation for 3 men midfield with both players providing defensive cover for Fabregas who will have a massive season this year, I can feel it ;) something like Pirlo did under Conte with Pogba and Marchisio next to him ... Gomes seems like the best player to fit right in ;)

If Conte thinks Matic, Chalobah or RLC are able to provide enough quality than I am ok with it, otherwise bring another midfielder like Naingollan, Gomes, Joak Mario or Gueye asap :)

1 hour ago, Hybrid Angel said:

We need to do everything possible to qualify for the Champions League this season. Then we should try everything possible to sign Verratti, even if it means giving up fabregas and Oscar with money. He has the passing range of Fabregas and can tackle in the midfield, we won't be struggling for a formation to fit everyone with Verratti. 

This.

I'm so impressed with his tackling. Not just because he's great at it, but because he does it with purpose. It seemed in almost every tackle he's already thinking where the ball should go next. Whether that be passing it to someone as a part of the tackle or where there is the most space to dribble from it.

That ability cannot be understated in a team. I think his impact on us will be tremendous

3 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

We need to do everything possible to qualify for the Champions League this season. Then we should try everything possible to sign Verratti, even if it means giving up fabregas and Oscar with money. He has the passing range of Fabregas and can tackle in the midfield, we won't be struggling for a formation to fit everyone with Verratti. 

Him+Kante

tumblr_m79nwxGPxS1qhy90jo1_500.gif

I go cry now.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You