Riyad Mahrez

2 hours ago, DYC. said:

Don't know what people see in this guy. Star man at Leicester, yeah, but for a club like Chels... squad player at best.

Speaks volume that only Roma and Arsenal (?) were genuinely the only clubs who were interested to sign in previous transfer window. Didn't see the likes of Bayern, Juventus, Barcelona, Man City, Man Utd targeting him.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Speaks volume that only Roma and Arsenal (?) were genuinely the only clubs who were interested to sign in previous transfer window. Didn't see the likes of Bayern, Juventus, Barcelona, Man City, Man Utd targeting him.

Wasnt there rumors he is joining Barcelona last transfer window? 

3 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

Wasnt there rumors he is joining Barcelona last transfer window? 

But how strong were the rumours? They practically spent the entire transfer window trying to get Coutinho, even after signing Dembele. The only club that got as far as the transfer fee were Roma.

He's definitely got a bit of Özil about him in that when his team is playing well he's amazing but like today when his team is struggling he also goes missing a bit. I'd still take a chance on him because I think he'd be even better and more consistent with much better teammates.

I just don't like hot-and-cold players. I'd sooner take consistently warm, like another Pedro.

Ideally for me though the next winger we add will have a fetish for crossing. 

Not sure Conte will add too many signings in January. He has already said that the club is looking for a striker and given how the team is playing a false 9 in recent weeks and missed out on Llorente in the window, that should be the signing he makes in January.

A striker to ease the burden on Morata and a left-back - Sandro (? if he is available). Just' cant see the club making three January signings

17 hours ago, Pizy said:

He's definitely got a bit of Özil about him in that when his team is playing well he's amazing but like today when his team is struggling he also goes missing a bit. I'd still take a chance on him because I think he'd be even better and more consistent with much better teammates.

Not exactly a good excuse that really. Mahrez is average and I also find his play style a tad too predictable, always cutting onto his left foot and playing with that same foot. He's like a poorer version of Robben. If you can shut down Mahrez's left foot and don't let him do anything with it, then you have pretty much stopped him entirely.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Not exactly a good excuse that really. Mahrez is average and I also find his play style a tad too predictable, always cutting onto his left foot and playing with that same foot. He's like a poorer version of Robben. If you can shut down Mahrez's left foot and don't let him do anything with it, then you have pretty much stopped him entirely.

I mean, we saw in their title winning season that when his team are all playing well he was unplayable. I have to believe that if he's got other top players drawing attention away from him here he'd return to that level.

I'll put it this way, I wouldn't be over the moon or creaming myself if we signed him because he's not a world beater but I'd be pretty excited. 

Don't know what people see in this guy. Star man at Leicester, yeah, but for a club like Chels... squad player at best.
In that role I'd personally prefer Zaha. Man goes hard for the full 90 min. And he can play.

Zaha is like an AND 1 mixtape player. All moves no finish.

Whoever we pursue as a third forward needs to be clever and clinical. What we don't need is another dribbler who does everything right except score.

On 17/12/2017 at 7:42 PM, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Zaha is like an AND 1 mixtape player. All moves no finish.

Whoever we pursue as a third forward needs to be clever and clinical. What we don't need is another dribbler who does everything right except score.

Having made so many mistakes in our transfer business, we desperately need a spell of getting it right. It’s tougher than it seems though.

Last summer I felt Danilo was poor and should not be pursued, but I would have been satisfied if we’d signed Bernado. City fans now agree about Danilo but, less predictably, they are disappointed with Bernado too. They are not calling him crap, which what they’re saying about Danilo, but they do complain about weak decision making and poor end product. 

City have made so many good choices that the poor ones don’t show, don’t really damage their prospects. We are in exactly the opposite situation. Zaha has failed once at a club with title ambitions and, for me, has not shown enough to wipe out the concerns caused by that failure. 

Just not seeing him fitting in. We got Willi/Pedro who I see as similar if not better. but we aren't the magnet of alot of clubs so we have to get into these 'wants' very early and when we do that it works for us.

What we really need in this transfer market is a fuckin proper sporting director who will listen to our manager whoever it is.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Just not seeing him fitting in. We got Willi/Pedro who I see as similar if not better. but we aren't the magnet of alot of clubs so we have to get into these 'wants' very early and when we do that it works for us.

What we really need in this transfer market is a fuckin proper sporting director who will listen to our manager whoever it is.

Willian and Pedro aren’t better than Mahrez man, come on. Mahrez was POTY 15/16, Willian has never produced anything close to that, and Pedro played for one of the best teams ever in the history of football (of course he did his bit but hasn’t had as impressive an individual season as Mahrez has). 

1 minute ago, The Skipper said:

Willian and Pedro aren’t better than Mahrez man, come on. Mahrez was POTY 15/16, Willian has never produced anything close to that, and Pedro played for one of the best teams ever in the history of football (of course he did his bit but hasn’t had as impressive an individual season as Mahrez has). 

I do hear all you say mate but I think both lads are his equal on a good day. Willi was OUR POTY and the players POTY last season so what does that say about us if hes not worth keeping?  But they are both upgradeable. i'm just not sure about Mahrez.

He's a great player but not exactly a world beater. i know he's an improvement over our current right side, but it's still better to wait for an actual world class forward, because I'm just tired of seeing this club shell out money for okay players, not getting anything out of them in the end. Cuadrado, Willian, Pedro, Oscar etc etc, so many players we have signed trying to make it work, it's just better to stop this continuous change of players and actually bid for someone who we know would be our undisputed RW for years to come.

He's a great player but not exactly a world beater. i know he's an improvement over our current right side, but it's still better to wait for an actual world class forward, because I'm just tired of seeing this club shell out money for okay players, not getting anything out of them in the end. Cuadrado, Willian, Pedro, Oscar etc etc, so many players we have signed trying to make it work, it's just better to stop this continuous change of players and actually bid for someone who we know would be our undisputed RW for years to come.

Who?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You