test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Captain Ahmed

Riyad Mahrez

Started by Captain Ahmed,

640 posts in this topic
1 minute ago, Reddish-Blue said:

There's a reason why no-one signed him.  Arsenal could have had him, even Spurs could have had him but in the end, no-one wanted to pay 45 million for him.  

Leicester scared everyone off after rejecting Roma's 31.8 million (which is a fair price for a purely attacking player). 

 

First thing first, I dont want to know wht the others didnt sign because there is no link to as why we didnt.

And didnt we pay 35m for Drinkwater? So r u saying that Drinkwater is a better player than Mahrez, yes different positions but quality wise Mahrez is any day better than Drinkwater. 

If you really want to check others, then is Walker worth 50m. Dembele went for god damn 100m is he worth even half that money. Arsenal put up a bid of 90m for Lemar ... seriously!!!! It is a hugely inflated market out there ,,, money cannot be a factor for the top clubs to reject good players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate journalists, getting paid for made up stories and then acting like it never happened while people forget.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

Dimitr and King11Didier like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

And didnt we pay 35m for Drinkwater? So r u saying that Drinkwater is a better player than Mahrez, yes different positions but quality wise Mahrez is any day better than Drinkwater. 

If you really want to check others, then is Walker worth 50m.

I think you missed out a key important factor here.

Drinkwater and Walker have something that Mahrez does not have. Homegrown, English status.

And in all honesty, I think that's one of the top 2 reasons why we were after Drinkwater.

kmk108 and Johnnyeye like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mana said:

I think you missed out a key important factor here.

Drinkwater and Walker have something that Mahrez does not have. Homegrown, English status.

What does that got to do with signing a good player because we signed Zappacosta for 25 and he is unknown. The market is insane and 45 right now for a good player is a steal. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

What does that got to do with signing a good player .... we signed Zappacosta and he is not homegrown. 

Do we already have more foreign players? I m not sure on that. Plus we let go 2 English players already. 

...have you been following?

The reason why we got Zappacosta, was because we failed to sign Oxlade-Chamberlain who IS homegrown. And we were getting desperate.

and YES we have let go of 2 English players, meaning we need to replace those 2 English players with another 2 English players. Homegrown status is very important now in today's football, and we are Chelsea - an English club. Only Cahill is in the starting XI that is English. You can add Fab for homegrown status too.

kmk108 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mana said:

...have you been following?

The reason why we got Zappacosta, was because we failed to sign Oxlade-Chamberlain who IS homegrown. And we were getting desperate.

and YES we have let go of 2 English players, meaning we need to replace those 2 English players with another 2 English players. Homegrown status is very important now in today's football, and we are Chelsea - an English club. Only Cahill is in the starting XI that is English.

No i havent been following ... 

Whats your point? That we let go off Mahrez so we could get Drinkwater to fill our HG quota Is that you mean? If yes, why didnt we bid for both ... Mahrez was available, he was roaming around waiting for someone to come and get him. 

 

And YES I m aware that we are an English club just like every other club in the PL. We always were less in the homegrown dept, it's nothing new this season. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

Whats your point? That we let go off Mahrez so we could get Drinkwater to fill our HG quota Is that you mean? If yes, why didnt we bid for both ... Mahrez was available, he was roaming around waiting for someone to come and get him. 

I don't think Leicester are willing to let go of both, and Roma bidded £31 odd million for him and it got turned down. So it's most likely £40m or more before we can get Mahrez. The board won't spend 70m on the final day unless the player is world-class. The board seem to get players around £30m mark, unless WC or a special player like Morata.

And to be honest, Mahrez isn't worth £40 million in the eyes. One good season he had. Just one.

Quote

And YES I m aware that we are an English club just like every other club in the PL. We always were less in the homegrown dept, it's nothing new this season.

Yes, and it was about to become even less. That's why we have Drinkwater.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mana said:

I don't think Leicester are willing to let go of both, and Roma bidded £31 odd million for him and it got turned down. So it's most likely £40m or more before we can get Mahrez. The board won't spend 70m on the final day unless the player is world-class. The board seem to get players around £30m mark, unless WC or a special player like Morata.

And to be honest, Mahrez isn't worth £40 million in the eyes. One good season he had. Just one.

Yes, and it was about to become even less. That's why we have Drinkwater.

If the news are to be believed Leicester were ready to sell both otherwise why would a player take leave for a day from national duty ... doesnt make any sense. The point is we didnt go after him when we easily could have. 

What is so special about Morata ... he is just a potential like the others we got, doesnt qualify as a world class player yet ... long way from that. And who said that we only want players around the 30m mark, thats ridiculous. 

And lastly let not ponder on valuations because as everyone knows the market is getting crazier ... that doesnt mean we will stop buying players just because they are over 30m. 45m-50m is the new 20-25m.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

If the news are to be believed Leicester were ready to sell both otherwise why would a player take leave for a day from national duty ... doesnt make any sense. The point is we didnt go after him when we easily could have. 

He left just in case Leicester in the end does want to sell him. But we don't exactly know if Leicester did 100% want to sell Mahrez.

What is so special about Morata ... he is just a potential like the others we got, doesnt qualify as a world class player yet ... long way from that.

Morata is a well known player. Everyone knows Morata, and he came from Real Madrid. But I'll leave this for someone else who knows a lot more about Morata.

And who said that we only want players around the 30m mark, thats ridiculous.

Lol, I never said that. If that's the case, then I'm stupid talking about Morata.

And lastly let not ponder on valuations because as everyone knows the market is getting crazier ... that doesnt mean we will stop buying players just because they are over 30m. 45m-50m is the new 20-25m.  

No...no not really. We have gotten Kante, Costa, Fabregas etc with £30m. Why should we spend more for Mahrez? Don't get me wrong, I'm not against Mahrez coming to Chelsea...he's just not worth £40m. If he was homegrown though, then yes he's probably worth that much. As I said, only ONE good season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Mana said:

He left just in case Leicester in the end does want to sell him. But we don't exactly know if Leicester did 100% want to sell Mahrez.

 

 

Morata is a well known player. Everyone knows Morata, and he came from Real Madrid. But I'll leave this for someone else who knows a lot more about Morata.

 

 

Lol, I never said that. If that's the case, then I'm stupid talking about Morata.

 

 

No...no not really. We have gotten Kante, Costa, Fabregas etc with £30m. Why should we spend more for Mahrez? Don't get me wrong, I'm not against Mahrez coming to Chelsea...he's just not worth £40m. If he was homegrown though, then yes he's probably worth that much. As I said, only ONE good season.

He left because he wanted to leave and from the looks of it he would have mentioned the same to the club. 

Being a well known player doesnt qualify been a world class player and u dont need anyone to tell that he is just a potential. FYI, Danillo came from Madrid as well. I m sure you're not counting him as a world class. 

We should pay more now on any player because we need them + the market is getting crazy with every passing season ... we need to strengthen ourselves so that we can fight for the title again plus with CL there would be more games to play. And on the ONE good season thing, Demeble went for 100m based on ONE good Season, Mendy for 45m - ONE good season, Silva - 45m ONE good season, Bakayoko -38m ONE good season, Arsenal put a bid of 92m for Lemar -ONE good season, Coutinho ... bid of 100+ - ONE & half good season, thats all i could remember. Ohh yes, Mhappe -ONE good season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Being a well known player doesnt qualify been a world class player and u dont need anyone to tell that he is just a potential. FYI, Danillo came from Madrid as well. I m sure you're not counting him as a world class.

I also never said a special player is world class. So I don't know where you got that from.

Quote

We should pay more now on any player because we need them + the market is getting crazy with every passing season ... we need to strengthen ourselves so that we can fight for the title again plus with CL there would be more games to play. And on the ONE good season thing, Demeble went for 100m based on ONE good Season, Mendy for 45m - ONE good season, Silva - 45m ONE good season, Bakayoko -38m ONE good season, Arsenal put a bid of 92m for Lemar -ONE good season, Coutinho ... bid of 100+ - ONE & half good season, thats all i could remember. Ohh yes, Mhappe -ONE good season.

Don't bring up Arsenal's 92m bid. They did that to calm the fans down when they very well know it was too late.

Coutinho is Liverpool's star player, if Barca want Pool's star player so badly they'll obviously have to bid a heck lot more....Liverpool don't need Barca money, they want to keep hold of their good players (and add more). This is like Madrid bidding for Hazard...heck no. Bid £150m to tempt us, but we are not selling him.

And for the rest, yeah! They are all worth the asking price now because they all on a high. Mahrez a season ago was on a high and probably worth £50m+ then! But he decided to stay in Leicester, gambled and now his valuation dropped.

16 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

He left because he wanted to leave and from the looks of it he would have mentioned the same to the club. 

You can say that. But did Leicester want him to leave?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/09/2017 at 9:25 AM, coolhead23 said:

And didnt we pay 35m for Drinkwater? So r u saying that Drinkwater is a better player than Mahrez, yes different positions but quality wise Mahrez is any day better than Drinkwater.

Can't just dismiss the impact of different positions on this comparison. Different position, different skill set required, different definition of quality called for. I know for example, that you would not simply state that Mahrez is a better player than Manuel Neuer without qualifying the statement, given their different roles in the team. Well, I think the same qualification is justified between the roles played by Danny D and Mahrez.

 

On 01/09/2017 at 9:25 AM, coolhead23 said:

if you really want to check others, then ... Dembele went for god damn 100m is he worth even half that money ...

In the sense that no one is worth £100m, no he is not but, if Neymar is 'worth' his fee, then Dembele is easily worth his.

The Skipper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2017 at 6:16 AM, OhForAGreavsie said:

Can't just dismiss the impact of different positions on this comparison. Different position, different skill set required, different definition of quality called for. I know for example, that you would not simply state that Mahrez is a better player than Manuel Neuer without qualifying the statement, given their different roles in the team. Well, I think the same qualification is justified between the roles played by Danny D and Mahrez.

 

In the sense that no one is worth £100m, no he is not but, if Neymar is 'worth' his fee, then Dembele is easily worth his.

I understand different position, different skill set, etc, etc ... All I m trying to point is that Mahrez is a player who was available (thats what it seems like) and would have added quality to our squad whereas Drinkwater could just be someone who would sit on the bench & wouldnt a level up then what we already have ... thats where the comparison in terms of quality . I cant help if that message wasnt conveyed correctly with my limited English skills. 

 

And yes, Dembele is no way worth £100m even if Neymar is "worth" his fee. 

 

Dimitr likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We must sign him on January. 

Against us was amazing.  Very quality player. Mahrez-hazard -Pedro this is what I want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We must sign him on January. 
Against us was amazing.  Very quality player. Mahrez-hazard -Pedro this is what I want.


What?! Amazing how?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

I understand different position, different skill set, etc, etc ... All I m trying to point is that Mahrez is a player who was available (thats what it seems like) and would have added quality to our squad whereas Drinkwater could just be someone who would sit on the bench & wouldnt a level up then what we already have ... thats where the comparison in terms of quality . I cant help if that message wasnt conveyed correctly with my limited English skills. 

 

And yes, Dembele is no way worth £100m even if Neymar is "worth" his fee. 

 

It's great that so many people who are not native English speakers want to post here about Chelsea. They clearly post because they have something to say, and they clearly appreciate that posting in English is the way to 'speak' to the audience here. All of this means that, as harsh as it might sound, your own aim of transmitting your message to forum readers will fail unless you do try to 'help it'.

I hear your opinion of the relative worth of Neymar and O. Dembele. I disagree with it very strongly however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

It's great that so many people who are not native English speakers want to post here about Chelsea. They clearly post because they have something to say, and they clearly appreciate that posting in English is the way to 'speak' to the audience here. All of this means that, as harsh as it might sound, your own aim of transmitting your message to forum readers, will fail unless you do try to 'help it'.

I hear your opinion of the relative worth of Neymar and O. Dembele. I disagree with it very strongly however.

I take your feedback. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.