Riyad Mahrez

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Good goal.

Just like Hazard that was crap last year and then appear at the end of the season.....

Yes, let's just keep pretending that Hazard didn't have previous seasons to fall back on. :lol:

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yes, let's just keep pretending that Hazard didn't have previous seasons to fall back on. :lol:

Same situation as Mahrez. He had a previous season to fall back on. 

This season Mahrez just did the same thing as Costa, and Hazard. Didn't play for the manager no more. 

11 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Same situation as Mahrez. He had a previous season to fall back on. 

This season Mahrez just did the same thing as Costa, and Hazard. Didn't play for the manager no more. 

Mahrez only had 1 good season, which was last term. Hazard had many good seasons before last. It's beyond me how you can even say the two are comparable.

• 2 months later...
13 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Awesome let's get him. 

I still feel like he will revive under Conte and will be the player he was last year. 

The talent is there, like it was in Moses and Alonso, just need the manager to bring it out of him. And who better but Conte. 

31 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Awesome let's get him. 

I still feel like he will revive under Conte and will be the player he was last year. 

The talent is there, like it was in Moses and Alonso, just need the manager to bring it out of him. And who better but Conte. 

Where will he play though? We don't need another AM unless Will leaves.

48 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Awesome let's get him. 

The player he was in 15/16 is never returning. It's like Rooney and Drogba in 09/10 and Messi and Pirlo in 11/12 to name a few examples. They hit peak form for a year or so and everything they touch turns into gold. Messi scored 91 goals and provided 27 assists in 2012 I think. Never repeated it again and never will.

Mahrez is a better player than he's been this season as he's been poor, but he's not better than Pedro and Willian.

10 minutes ago, DYC. said:

The player he was in 15/16 is never returning. It's like Rooney and Drogba in 09/10 and Messi and Pirlo in 11/12 to name a few examples. They hit peak form for a year or so and everything they touch turns into gold. Messi scored 91 goals and provided 27 assists in 2012 I think. Never repeated it again and never will.

Mahrez is a better player than he's been this season as he's been poor, but he's not better than Pedro and Willian.

Not sure if we can even say Mahrez hit peak form last year. Last year was a freak year. Mahrez is an average player and one who will not hit decent numbers in a normal season.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Not sure if we can even say Mahrez hit peak form last year. Last year was a freak year. Mahrez is an average player and one who will not hit decent numbers in a normal season.

Agree with the bolded part.

Average is very harsh.

5 minutes ago, DYC. said:

Agree with the bolded part.

Average is very harsh.

He is. I mean apart from last season, what other notable things has he really done - be it with Leicester or one of his former clubs? The last thing we want now is to buy another mid-tier player - as we already have some in the squad - when we should get top-tier players.

When he's in the mood like he was at some points today against City he's unstoppable 1 on 1 just like Hazard.

Honeslty, I'd have him here for a decent fee. His value surely isn't crazy like it would've been last summer. Hope he doesn't end up at one of our London rivals as is rumored. Think he'd be fantastic at a big club where he's not the sole creative spark.

Like, imagine Mahrez on our right flank on one of our lightning counters. Ridiculous.

We've all been crying out for another super skillful, great in tight spaces player like Hazard all season. Mahrez is easily obtainable, would probably jump at the chance to sign with us, and is PL proven for whatever that's worth.

Probably wouldn't cost more than £30m either.

40 minutes ago, DYC. said:

I disagree, Willian to me continues to be a good player on the bench. Pedro you can say the same thing, this season he had a great one. But going forward will also be a good bench option. 

To me the ideal upgrade is Sanchez....but if we can't get him to me Mahrez will fulfilled that role great. If Sanchez don't want to come and go to Bayern/Juventus then to me there's no second better option available then Mahrez.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You