Riyad Mahrez

4 hours ago, Fernando said:

After today's game, he still has it. 

Just that LC are crap, just like Everton. 

Worth another chase if we can get him in the coming transfer windows. 

Probably a good thing we didn't go after him last season. I feel as if he will be easier to get, and much cheaper after a very lackluster season now. 

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Strike said:

Mahrez IN

Oscar OUT

Pedro/Hazard/Willian/Mahrez behind Costa/Batsy. Attack sorted/

If you compare with Oscar, any player would be an improvement on him. Don't get why people are so keen on Mahrez. Sure, he has some talent but right now, he's nothing more than a one season wonder. I'd suggest staying away from him until he can replicate his form last season again. Until then, we can definitely do better than Mahrez.

People calling him "one season wonder" are probably the same people who wanted Hazard to be sold after last season ;) He is probably one of the best options for that RW position and he is available as soon as Leicester is out of Champions league :) Talking about how bad his season is this year ... I think his performances in Champions league were very good. 

Who do you rate higher? James "overhyped" Rodriguez? Mahrez is playing his second season for Italian manager who demands his players to run up and down the pitch, something like Conte.

12 hours ago, Muzchap said:

My ideal is

Hazard Costa Sanchez 

with 

Verrati Kante midfield 

Thats just fantasy land stuff though- but would be immense 

I would settle for

Hazard Costa Mahrez

Verrati Kante 

😂😂😂😂

---------------------Courtois

---------Azpi---------Luiz---------Koulibaily

Moses-------Kante-------Verratti-------Hector

-----Sanchez-----------------------Hazard

------------------------Costa

:cig:

With the Oscar money we are getting we should go for this guy. 

Other then Payet I don't know who we can try to get this January transfer window. 

Mahrez will help with creating goal. Better options then Pedro and Willian me thinks. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2017 at 7:16 PM, the wes said:

Riyad Mahrez has admitted that he used to watch Chelsea as a youngster because of club legend Didier Drogba

http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/03/riyad-mahrez-reveals-he-used-to-watch-chelsea-because-of-didier-drogba-6358883/#ixzz4UiggaV9c

Mahrez recently admitted that his funniest moment in Leicester’s title-winning campaign came when Tottenham threw the Premier League away at Stamford Bridge.

‘Funniest moment… I think when Tottenham were 2-0 ahead of Chelsea,’ he told FourFourTwo.

‘At half time it was like, all the team came to Vardy’s house and probably we are not going to be champions tonight. So I was like, what’s the point of coming today?

‘Then 2-1, 2-2, it was funny.’

:lol:

• 1 month later...

So do you guys think we should go for him this summer? 

There's a big possibility that Leicester go down. And even if they don't go down he clearly will want out this summer. 

Yes he has been crap after last season, but the same thing happened to us. 

People wanted to sell Hazard and Costa last season because they where "rats" but they recover. 

I feel the same could happen with Mahrez. 

50 minutes ago, Fernando said:

There's a big possibility that Leicester go down. And even if they don't go down he clearly will want out this summer. 

People wanted to sell Hazard and Costa last season because they where "rats" but they recover. 

Still no.

And the comparison with Hazard and Costa is just plain silly. Yes, they were bad last season but at least they had good seasons before that and we know they can perform at the highest level. There's still a huge question mark over that on Mahrez, whose last season's form looks nothing more than anomaly at this point. He's not even done anything good this season to suggest otherwise.

56 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Nope, his only good season was the last one, Costa and Hazard had several excelent season before. We should focus on Bernardo Silva for the RW

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

Tell me, do you think Mahrez is the guy to help us win the Champions League? For me he isn't that calibre of player to go against Bayern etc but good for the squad I think. 

47 minutes ago, Jason said:

Still no.

And the comparison with Hazard and Costa is just plain silly. Yes, they were bad last season but at least they had good seasons before that and we know they can perform at the highest level. There's still a huge question mark over that on Mahrez, whose last season's form looks nothing more than anomaly at this point. He's not even done anything good this season to suggest otherwise.

I still think it's the same. 

When your caught in a moment they are in, everything is horrible. 

Conte was able to bring out the best of Moses, sure he can with Mahrez. 

1 minute ago, Fernando said:

I still think it's the same. 

When your caught in a moment they are in, everything is horrible. 

How is it the same? In one case, you have two players with proven track record. In the other one, the player doesn't have that.

1 minute ago, Fernando said:

Conte was able to bring out the best of Moses, sure he can with Mahrez.

Conte has done wonders with this squad but let's not treat as if he'll turn every player into some world class player.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You