Riyad Mahrez

32 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

I literally shat myself when I saw a rumor on twitter about a Mahrez chelsea jersey unveiled, and when I came here I saw the site was experiencing "heavy traffic":lol:

it's a shame it was fake

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really astonishing that so many people believed the Mahrez/Adidas shirt thing.

Don't think we have ever been interested in him, unfortunately. The club probably feel we're already set in that area.

5 hours ago, Barbara said:

how did I miss this post? :wub::wub::wub::wub:

You're completely right, if we can't get the defenders we desperately need, we might as well get the attackers.

I grab the opportunity to tell you that I am glad that you are back ! :wub:

This forum really missed you and I hope you stay around !!

14 minutes ago, Peace. said:

:mouthclosed:

You have something brown on your nose buddy.

1 hour ago, blues.bridge said:

I do not understand those who do not want it because we have cuadrado , moses , pedro etc ! I would sell them all !

ffs people really do think they're playing fifa

Don't think he will ever be good enough for us to be perfectly honest. He's decent and last season Leicester had an amazing year but I doubt he'll be going anywhere, let alone coming here to rot on the bench in place of Pedro/Kenedy/Moses/Cuadrado.

We are top heavy in wide areas as of right now and need to get either a loan deal for Kenedy and sell Moses or keep Kenedy and sell Moses and another. Hazard, Pedro, Cuadrado, Moses, Willian, Kenedy, heck even Traore can all operate on either the right or left wing, we have enough wingers. Not to forget Musonda, Nathan and I'm certain even Boga can do a job out wide who are on loan already.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Don't think he will ever be good enough for us to be perfectly honest. He's decent and last season Leicester had an amazing year but I doubt he'll be going anywhere, let alone coming here to rot on the bench in place of Pedro/Kenedy/Moses/Cuadrado.

We are top heavy in wide areas as of right now and need to get either a loan deal for Kenedy and sell Moses or keep Kenedy and sell Moses and another. Hazard, Pedro, Cuadrado, Moses, Willian, Kenedy, heck even Traore can all operate on either the right or left wing, we have enough wingers. Not to forget Musonda, Nathan and I'm certain even Boga can do a job out wide who are on loan already.

Without meaning to drift off topic Moses needs to be the first out of the door.

He seems to have good pre season's but when the real stuff kicks off he has about one good game every 15.

10 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Agree with the whole thing, and, just to be clear, I'm not against the Mahrez buy, in fact, I would be very much ok with it.
However I would much rather see the club throwing the proverbial "kitchen sink" at someone like Mustafi, who, whilst not world class, would vastly improve our creaking defence ( after all doesn't take all that much to improve that defence); Joao Mario, whilst not yet world class would make our midfield a force to be reckoned with (I'd much prefer having an overpowered midfield than an attack.) Hell, even that swede kid if he can actually, and we know from the get go, take Ivanovic's spot.
If, and only when, we won't be able, for whatever reason, to acquire any of these targets, then yes, we could go all out on Mahrez while it's possible.
Or maybe become greedy and get them all, that would be ideal, but these things rarely happen.

In other news, Barbara extrapolating from my brief comments the meaning of life. :P Second time she quotes me and write things in reply to something I've never said, she thinks I implied.
(I still think from time to time how the hell did one of my posts ever came across as if meaning "Conte's comments were ignorant".)
Yes, I said we should and I am certain we're aiming for good, fluent play on both sides of the pitch (maybe you missed it) and yet with all the work that needs to be done, right now, I prefer a defensively solid team that doesn't concede (and can translate on the pitch Antonio's ideas) to an attacking team who simply tries to outscore the opponent (and clearly can't translate Antonio's idea of football. Which without being disrespectful, it's just a fact, unless you followed the man for the past few years or so, I know a bit more about than you do. He's from southern Italy just like me)

I'm sorry about the ignorant on Conte's account I really stretched the ignorant directed to Style's comment to Conte, my bad.

But here, at least the post I quoted, I was under the impression you meant it's pretty difficult to be efficient on both attack and defense and as such we should prioritize defending. But I said I understood where you were coming from because indeed it can be difficult to achieve both, I just think we have to at least try. I'm sorry I misinterpreted your posts twice. Can we link pinkies together?

5 hours ago, Peace. said:

I 've missed the forum too and you're definitely one of the posters I've missed the most - if not the very one. I always learn something with your insightful posts about football.

Hopefully I'll have the time to be around after vacation is over, with Chelsea playing basically only on weekends I think it'll be also easier to follow everything.

2 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Imagine this at the expense of Arsenal:lol:

The guy claiming the deal is done, IS an Arsenal fan, who live close to Cobham and has friends there.
Make of it, what you will. I personally can't believe, albeit secretly hoping it's true.

Just now, LondonsFinest said:

The guy claiming the deal is done, IS an Arsenal fan, who live close to Cobham and has friends there.
Make of it, what you will. I personally can't believe, albeit secretly hoping it's true.

I never get excited about transfers now until they are actually signed but I do love a good rumor though:D

4 minutes ago, the wes said:

Claudio Ranieri says Riyad Mahrez risks ending up on the bench if he decides to leave Leicester this summer.

If he doesn't already have that risk, Leicester aren't investing enough in competition for places, which is just another reason to leave on a high instead of watching his team crumble.

in any case if the objectives of chelsea are people like witsel and mahrez conte will have to do another miracle to win..

de sciglio caceres musacchio ramsey would be functional objectives and also with small money..

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You