Dimitri Payet

17 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

It was two years ago mate. He was on fire at Marsielle and the club baffingly didn't think it would be wise to extend his contract and build the team around him.. 

This has been an insane two year run for Dimitri Payet.. And we were so close to signing him in the January Transfer window before JM took over, but then targeted Andre Schurrle.

What a late bloomer. 

There were reports we tried to sign him in Jan 2011

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, the wes said:

Crazy money for a player at 29 years old 

It but he's a difference maker on a team full of stars and the focal point of a team without as much star power.

It's not like his game relies on pace or running, either. Even at 29 a player with his skill set should be able to play at this level for several more years. As he gets older he could also just move deep in midfield and play the Pirlo or Xabi Alonso role.

Don't think it's possible for any club to sign him. Well, I should say any Premier League club. Only ourselves and United need a player in his position and I can't see West Ham selling him to either of us. How bad would it look for them to sell their talisman and poster boy when they're trying to show their ambition with the new stadium and higher investment? No chance.

If PSG or Real Madrid were to come in with a massive bid I highly doubt he'd say no. West Ham would reluctantly sell to them I'd think if Payet pushed for it.

• 6 months later...

We should go for him. 

He wants to move, is a good player and won't cost an arm. Sure hes older, but hes a late bloomer like Drogba.

Would be an easy buy this January and he will help us great to secure the tittle. 

18 hours ago, Fernando said:

We should go for him. 

He wants to move, is a good player and won't cost an arm. Sure hes older, but hes a late bloomer like Drogba.

Would be an easy buy this January and he will help us great to secure the tittle. 

I read that Payet is available at £15m if West ham get relegated this season

http://metro.co.uk/2016/12/10/arsenal-and-manchester-united-target-dimitri-payet-available-for-15m-if-west-ham-are-relegated-6313295/

I wouldn't take him unless he was cheap and low wages/ We are in the process of getting our age average down now. Getting the players ages down means trhey can stay together longer. Getting stronger together. Ruling Europe longer together!!

Odds slashed; bookies install Chelsea as new favourites in race to sign West Ham man

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/12/27/odds-slashed-bookies-install-chelsea-as-new-favourites-in-race-t/

7 hours ago, jernej93 said:

I would rather go for someone younger :) Mahrez, Lemar, Bernardeschi, Felipe Anderson, Bernardo Silva ... ;) We can search for better deal in the summer because Pedro is doing a great job at RW :) 

Lemar would be great. He can play literally anywhere in midfield. Would be a top replacement for Oscar. And I realy like his play style.

8 hours ago, jernej93 said:

I would rather go for someone younger :) Mahrez, Lemar, Bernardeschi, Felipe Anderson, Bernardo Silva ... ;) We can search for better deal in the summer because Pedro is doing a great job at RW :) 

I'm starting to like the look of Bernardeschi he looks like a very good player 

• 3 weeks later...

He's nearly 30 and would be the ultimate luxury player with no defined position in Conte's setup. Makes no sense.

Only place I could imagine him playing would be the Fabregas role deeper in midfield.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

He's nearly 30 and would be the ultimate luxury player with no defined position in Conte's setup. Makes no sense.

Only place I could imagine him playing would be the Fabregas role deeper in midfield.

Last season he would have been in front of Pedro & Willian, but in his current form and Pedro's current form he wouldn't make it in at all

26 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Last season he would have been in front of Pedro & Willian, but in his current form and Pedro's current form he wouldn't make it in at all

Yeah, he's got the ability to be effective in wide areas but he's not the sort of player like Pedro and Willian who will run all day and track back.

This is just another lazy media link since West Ham have an interest in Batshuayi.

He's the type of player we've been linked to recently. Hakan, Rodriquez and now him. I don't see where any of the three would fit right now.

Payet, Hazard, Diego is a brutal idea. Keeping possession galore! Remember when we couldn't deal with any kind of pressing and just look lost? Or couldn't create anything against relegation battlers? And here's the player who excels in chances creation and keeping possession under pressure like it's nothing. We'd sign a title if we sign him. Not happening because we want to do this hard way. Also Chelsea don't overpay for players and surely not at this stage in player's career. 

Shame because we really can seal the title this winter. So far we do anything but. Can't wait when we lose to Liverpool and be (almost) level on points with few hours of the window left. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You