Idrissa Gueye

Idrissa Gueye has been arguably the second best DM in the league in the last season only behind Kante. Since Aston Villa have been relegated, surely we could pick him up cheaply. 

http://www.squawka.com/news/ngolo-kante-vs-idrissa-gueye-the-arbitrariness-of-football/626298

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm all for shaking up conventional approaches in football, so I do want him partnered beside Kante. I'm not sure which other teams in the past decade or so have deployed 2 destroyers side by side as the core of their midfield. Perhaps Leverkusen but they've never built on that foundation properly. As long as there'd still be room for a playmaker besides Hazard, it could be solid. I think it would be imperative though then, to be sure our next forward is a very good passer, with an instinct to slice defences open with through-balls, which isn't unreasonable to ask for. This double-destroyer idea won't work though if we deploy another player up front who doesn't have playmaking at the forefront of their mind, and prefers to receive the ball vs. be the tempo-dictator. (Beckham used to do it from a wide position, as did Figo, so it can be done.)

18 minutes ago, Leif said:

I'm all for shaking up conventional approaches in football, so I do want him partnered beside Kante. I'm not sure which other teams in the past decade or so have deployed 2 destroyers side by side as the core of their midfield. Perhaps Leverkusen but they've never built on that foundation properly. As long as there'd still be room for a playmaker besides Hazard, it could be solid. I think it would be imperative though then, to be sure our next forward is a very good passer, with an instinct to slice defences open with through-balls, which isn't unreasonable to ask for. This double-destroyer idea won't work though if we deploy another player up front who doesn't have playmaking at the forefront of their mind, and prefers to receive the ball vs. be the tempo-dictator. (Beckham used to do it from a wide position, as did Figo, so it can be done.)

Two destroyers would work great if we get James. Because then we will have to make up for James and Hazard...even though Hazard helps a bit with the defensive side every now and then. 

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Chelsea consider move for Everton star Idrissa Gueye http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/844358/Chelsea-transfer-news-Idrissa-Gueye-Everton-latest-gossip  #CFC #EFC

Chelsea is interested in signing Everton star Idrissa Gueye if they fail in signing Danny Drinkwater.

7 minutes ago, Blusan Alamb said:

Everton are hardest club to Negotiate with no chance they sell him 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You