Kalidou Koulibaly

the wes

12 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

But bare in mind Zidane doesn't play James anyway so it not all too much to read into. Napoli don't have the cover they require for Koulibaly and if he's happy to play then there should be no issue. It's generally an issue in England where players feel "unsettled" and subsequently don't play lol

I didnt mean the fact that he's benched has anything to do with a transfer. I was just saying i can see him wanting to leave, because he's benched in this situation.

55 minutes ago, J.F. said:

And according to Balague Zidane doesn't have any faith in James.

Yeah seemingly doesn't think James has the right attitude, I mean you're not gonna disagree with the manager that won them the Champions League last season are ya :lol: 

56 minutes ago, J.F. said:

according to Balague

Worst source ever by the way.. LOL

9 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

Yeah seemingly doesn't think James has the right attitude, I mean you're not gonna disagree with the manager that won them the Champions League last season are ya :lol: 

Worst source ever by the way.. LOL

RDM also won Champions League with Chelsea, just saying. Personally I don't think that problem with Zidane-James is about James attitude, look at Isco, another amazing player but just seems that isn't the right fit for Zidane. That doesn't mean that Isco attitude is problem or something like that. James today played in last 15 minutes and had 1 assist and 4 chances created - solid. He is quality player but in the wrong team.  Di Maria, Robben, Makelele, Sneijder, Ozil also left Real Madrid and u know what happened, not the attitude problem again. If we end up signing James I would be over the moon. Only Hazard is world class player in our squad. Sooner or later Hazard would probably realise that with our "amazing" board and transfers like last summer Chelsea isn't going in right direction and he will leave.

Agree with that part about Balague, but atleast some "decent" news about James and his potential transfer regardless where he go.

12 minutes ago, J.F. said:

RDM also won Champions League with Chelsea, just saying. Personally I don't think that problem with Zidane-James is about James attitude, look at Isco, another amazing player but just seems that isn't the right fit for Zidane. That doesn't mean that Isco attitude is problem or something like that. James today played in last 15 minutes and had 1 assist and 4 chances created - solid. He is quality player but in the wrong team.  Di Maria, Robben, Makelele, Sneijder, Ozil also left Real Madrid and u know what happened, not the attitude problem again. If we end up signing James I would be over the moon. Only Hazard is world class player in our squad. Sooner or later Hazard would probably realise that with our "amazing" board and transfers like last summer Chelsea isn't going in right direction and he will leave.

I think you're mistaking what I'm saying haha. I'm not suggesting he's going to have an attitude problem here or wherever he moves on to. But the rumours surrounding James and Zidane is that of the right attitude. Wasn't Rodriguez reprimanded for coming to training speeding in his new sports car for example? I guess Zidane is old school in the sense primadonnas have to leave their lavish lifestyle at the gates of training. But also I agree with your analysis regarding a tactical mismatch with himself and Zidane. Like we're having with Cesc. 

I expect Hazard and James to compliment each other wonderfully with maybe even Cesc in certain games. I'm 100% for this to happen :D 

(we should move this to James' thread lmao!)

What the fuck, if we're still keen on him then how about we stop pissing around and get things actually done? 10 days to go and we're stuck with Cahill Ivanovic and Terry. We finished 10th and only made 2 signing, only 1 of which looks to be starting for us. 

Im dreading this situation. At least last season we didnt know what we were getting into. 

We have a great manager on our hands but we're setting him up for failure.

22 minutes ago, Hybrid Angel said:

He is being set up for failure if we dont get the defenders we so need.

But hes not doing himself any favors if hes using the same selections we were using 2 seasons ago. Now I understand that hes got to find out for himself how players gel and play together but if he continues to use a mix of players after finding out that it didn't work before then thats on his head.

We shall see in the next game what the selections like. Lets hope Matic and Oscar arent near each other and Pedros nowhere near the pitch.

1 hour ago, Hybrid Angel said:

What the fuck, if we're still keen on him then how about we stop pissing around and get things actually done? 10 days to go and we're stuck with Cahill Ivanovic and Terry. We finished 10th and only made 2 signing, only 1 of which looks to be starting for us. 

Im dreading this situation. At least last season we didnt know what we were getting into. 

Could be worse for Conte. He has not the worst players at his disposal. And Matic would be long gone if Conte didn't want him.

Anyway, you made it this far and it's only 10 days left. Let's see if I join you in a meltdown but I'm fairly optimistic that we will have some buisness done before "11th hour approaches".

1 hour ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Could be worse for Conte. He has not the worst players at his disposal. And Matic would be long gone if Conte didn't want him.

Anyway, you made it this far and it's only 10 days left. Let's see if I join you in a meltdown but I'm fairly optimistic that we will have some buisness done before "11th hour approaches".

Hopefully mate, hopefully. I was very optimistic as well until the recent K2 news (although from not reputable sources) which has put me in a mini meltdown. The last thing I want is going into the season with Terry Cahill and Ivanovic as starters and the only thing that's gonna make it worse is another Papy/Hector signing at the end. 

2 hours ago, Hybrid Angel said:

Hopefully mate, hopefully. I was very optimistic as well until the recent K2 news (although from not reputable sources) which has put me in a mini meltdown. The last thing I want is going into the season with Terry Cahill and Ivanovic as starters and the only thing that's gonna make it worse is another Papy/Hector signing at the end. 

It's inevitable.

3 hours ago, Hybrid Angel said:

As for defenders, he really doesn't have a choice. And people shouldn't bring up Aina. His role is perfect as back up RB, who he is back up to is the problem.

About the midfield, who do you suggest we play in the pivot in front of Kante? Oscar/Willian and Fabregas? Please. That midfield would get destroyed defensively against any opposition. Conte has no other choice but to play Matic. We have no other midfielder in our squad who can help out Kante defensively. If we got someone like Nainggolan and played him instead of Matic, there would be no problem since he is astute defensively and offensively. 

I don't think people realize how much Matic's limitations are hurting us at the moment and the worst thing is that we cant replace him with anyone in our squad who's competent defensively as well as offensively. 

That's the problem. Too many players who can do this but not that. Kante is our only mid who can start in every type of game and that's just sad. What's keeping me hopeful is that we're linked with Thiago Maia who is the exact type of player we should be looking at.

Matuidi

4 hours ago, Hybrid Angel said:

As for defenders, he really doesn't have a choice. And people shouldn't bring up Aina. His role is perfect as back up RB, who he is back up to is the problem.

About the midfield, who do you suggest we play in the pivot in front of Kante? Oscar/Willian and Fabregas? Please. That midfield would get destroyed defensively against any opposition. Conte has no other choice but to play Matic. We have no other midfielder in our squad who can help out Kante defensively. If we got someone like Nainggolan and played him instead of Matic, there would be no problem since he is astute defensively and offensively. 

I don't think people realize how much Matic's limitations are hurting us at the moment and the worst thing is that we cant replace him with anyone in our squad who's competent defensively as well as offensively. 

That's the problem. Too many players who can do this but not that. Kante is our only mid who can start in every type of game and that's just sad. What's keeping me hopeful is that we're linked with Thiago Maia who is the exact type of player we should be looking at.

Thiago Maia, 19 years old saviour from brazil. Then the dissapointment when he gets loan to vitesse in january because he is not ready to be anywhere near PL.

Why not go for proven players instead.

Agree with rest of the post.

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Thiago Maia, 19 years old saviour from brazil. Then the dissapointment when he gets loan to vitesse in january because he is not ready to be anywhere near PL.

Why not go for proven players instead.

Agree with rest of the post.

If you read closely you'll realise I said he is the exact 'type of player' we should be looking at, that is a midfielder who can defend well but is also technically strong and has an eye for a pass. We can all agree the club could do better than Thiago Maia.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You