Kalidou Koulibaly

the wes

2 hours ago, It's too big said:

When the hell did this lad become "world class", can I ask? Never heard of him before this season, now all of a sudden he's blown up. At 25 years old it seems odd his name hasn't been touted around before now considering the market for defenders isn't huge. I hope he isn't another Mangala or Otamendi - rated highly after one season and then looks average in the Premier League. 

But that can be said about alot of players that have great 1st seasons in the PL. We bought one ourselves.

2 minutes ago, Hybrid Angel said:

I'm afraid Chelsea fans will kill themselves over this.

Nah we just take it out on Pikeys.

Are our fans really slagging off the board for not paying £50m for a CB that's only had 1 great season? :D

Otamendi went for £32m last season, Hummels £30m this year, we're already overpaying by A LOT. Anyone claiming we've left it late is insane, we've been heavily linked with him since MAY!!!!

£50m is what you pay for forward players. I'll be upset if we let De Laurentiis bend us over when we could steal Mahrez from Leicester for that amount.

16 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

Are our fans really slagging off the board for not paying £50m for a CB that's only had 1 great season? :D

Otamendi went for £32m last season, Hummels £30m this year, we're already overpaying by A LOT. Anyone claiming we've left it late is insane, we've been heavily linked with him since MAY!!!!

£50m is what you pay for forward players. I'll be upset if we let De Laurentiis bend us over when we could steal Mahrez from Leicester for that amount.

And u would pay £50m for Mahrez who also only had 1 great season? :lol: 

4 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

The real joke is a guy who can say this still supports the club and shows up on message boards daily.  The joke isn't on you, it is you!

Supporting a club doesn't mean you have to believe everything going on is perfect...

5 hours ago, RuudiGullit said:

Spurs will never sell him. He's too important for them.

And we should just swallow our mistakes and recall Christensen. 

I know but Alderweireld went for 11.5 million pounds last summer and most here wanted nothing to do with him.

18 minutes ago, LukakutoStamford said:

I know but Alderweireld went for 11.5 million pounds last summer and most here wanted nothing to do with him.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing... Honestly, no one expected he would turn into one of the, if not the best defender in the bpl last season. I'd like to see if he can keep it up this season, but I'm a fan of his (I don't rate Vertonghen that highly though).

But complaining that we could've had him for 11.5m pounds doesn't get us anywhere. With that logic, we could've not bought Torres from Liverpool, gotten Pogba when United let him go by probably offering 3m (twice what Juve paid), Ronaldo from Sporting Lisbon and many other players... Hindsight is 20/20 they say, but of course that's assuming the players would turn out to be as good as they are now because they would've followed a different trajectory through their lives (different coaches, managers, trainings, teammates, ...) but let's not get too deep here :D

1 hour ago, Gilvorak said:

And tell us how Mahrez will help our bloomin defence.

I really can't see the problem.

We are in dire need of a good CB.

Theres a chance that we might be able to solve our problem what do we do?

Answer - We do all we can to buy that player.

We have and will be making money from selling players we apparently dont need  so its obviously going towards players we need.

I asked earlier just what we are doing with this extra TV money thats supposedly put teams onto an equal footing. IF we supposedlly were a rich club before the TV money rise then we should be at least that much richer now.

If we dont buy the standard of players we need to get ourselves on a more equal footing with the 9 teams ahead of us then we shall be playing to much less crowds against lower divison teams in our big new shiney stadium.

2 hours ago, Gilvorak said:

And you assume we're in a situation to be so nitpicky about our CB options? I don't mean to say we should be daft and go buy the first CB available, but it should be clear as day that Koulibaly is by far the best available option on the market and we shouldn't be afraid to overpay a little for a CB given the fact we have such bad defenders in our current squad. We simply cannot risk to miss out on Champions League again.

1 hour ago, Hostedenis said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing... Honestly, no one expected he would turn into one of the, if not the best defender in the bpl last season. I'd like to see if he can keep it up this season, but I'm a fan of his (I don't rate Vertonghen that highly though).

But complaining that we could've had him for 11.5m pounds doesn't get us anywhere. With that logic, we could've not bought Torres from Liverpool, gotten Pogba when United let him go by probably offering 3m (twice what Juve paid), Ronaldo from Sporting Lisbon and many other players... Hindsight is 20/20 they say, but of course that's assuming the players would turn out to be as good as they are now because they would've followed a different trajectory through their lives (different coaches, managers, trainings, teammates, ...) but let's not get too deep here :D

Sure, but I certainly had him above Cahill and did mention that was top notch at Southampton so let's not make it out that he was some numpty playing league 1. He was a good buy last summer. 

The problem is the board has gone with a boom or bust strategy and has done nothing to fix the back line. There's no guarantee that Zouma will be suitable either.

Although I don't really have high hopes it would be funny if the deal has been long agreed and Napoli are just looking for replacements. All the news we've been hearing has been from second rate papers/journalists.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

And tell us how Mahrez will help our bloomin defence.

I really can't see the problem.

We are in dire need of a good CB.

Theres a chance that we might be able to solve our problem what do we do?

Answer - We do all we can to buy that player.

We have and will be making money from selling players we apparently dont need  so its obviously going towards players we need.

I asked earlier just what we are doing with this extra TV money thats supposedly put teams onto an equal footing. IF we supposedlly were a rich club before the TV money rise then we should be at least that much richer now.

If we dont buy the standard of players we need to get ourselves on a more equal footing with the 9 teams ahead of us then we shall be playing to much less crowds against lower divison teams in our big new shiney stadium.

I don't think we are winning the league this season irrespective of whether we sign Mahrez or a CB. However signing Mahrez means he doesn't go to a rival next season and we can get a CB next year when we're in the Champions League and then compete on all fronts.

At this rate i dont care about strikers or central midfielders....all I praying for dis guy or any other quality central back and a left back....I fear for AC cos if those signings are not made....we gonna struggle for 10th position...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You