Kalidou Koulibaly

the wes

39 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Imagine if we were to get this beast for about £12m less than what City are about top lash on Stones. Arguably the best CB in Serie A last season for less than one who was benched a bunch for that woeful Everton side. They couldn't defend to save their lives and the £50m man couldn't get in the team at times.

I'm inclined to think any deal for Stones is contingent on Everton securing an adequate replacement. I think the price for Stones is high for this reason.

18 minutes ago, RuudiGullit said:

Then you don't know much about Mister De Laurentiis... 

Hope we sign him. Those Everton rumours about that fucking sellout Ronald Koeman bidding more than us were getting crazy. Sign him up so we can close this soap and add him to the squad. We need a good defender. 

There's a thing called honor. Men are supposed to honor their word. If  the club said 36.6 at first, then that's the valuation they should follow. Napoli and Laurentis also sign players, so I don't think they want to start going back on their word.If the report was correct and they asked for that much and now we've reached it and they still won't let him go, that's dishonoring their own word, it has nothing to do with de Laurentis being a tough cookie to crack.

7 minutes ago, Barbara said:

There's a thing called honor. Men are supposed to honor their word. If  the club said 36.6 at first, then that's the valuation they should follow. Napoli and Laurentis also sign players, so I don't think they want to start going back on their word.If the report was correct and they asked for that much and now we've reached it and they still won't let him go, that's dishonoring their own word, it has nothing to do with de Laurentis being a tough cookie to crack.

Honour doesn't mean anything in terms of business though. If they asked that much money and another club (Everton) came in and it looked like there could be a bidding war, they would definitely hold out for more.

7 minutes ago, AK-3001 said:

Honour doesn't mean anything in terms of business though. If they asked that much money and another club (Everton) came in and it looked like there could be a bidding war, they would definitely hold out for more.

I agree, but I'm talking strictly about Chelsea here. I don't think Kalidou himself will pick Everton over Chelsea (don't believe they're offering him better wages than we are). Also, who's to say there's a bidding war going on anyway? Sometimes agents spread rumors themselves to make things go their way. If Everton turn this into a bidding war, then good on them, we can move on and find another target. If they decide to pay more than our 38M it means they're willing to pay almost as much  for a defender than what they're supposedly getting for Stones. It doesn't look to me they're be willing to do that. They prefer to invest in players they can develop instead of breaking club fee records

Just now, Barbara said:

I agree, but I'm talking strictly about Chelsea here. I don't think Kalidou himself will pick Everton over Chelsea (don't believe they're offering him better wages than we are). Also, who's to say there's a bidding war going on anyway? Sometimes agents spread rumors themselves to make things go their way. If Everton turn this into a bidding war, then good on them, we can move on and find another target. If they decide to pay more than our 38M it means they're willing to pay almost as much  for a defender than what they're supposedly getting for Stones. It doesn't look to me they're be willing to do that. They prefer to invest in players they can develop instead of breaking club fee records

Thing is if they get 50 million pounds for Stones, they wouldn't mind spending 40 on a guy that's physically stronger and has more experience of leading the line, and still pocket change of 10 million. 

He wouldn't choose Everton over us, but Napoli can choose their bid over us if their bid is higher. They can reject ours and accept Everton's. 

49 minutes ago, AK-3001 said:

He wouldn't choose Everton over us, but Napoli can choose their bid over us if their bid is higher. They can reject ours and accept Everton's. 

Over the last year I have took a real disliking to Everton

1 hour ago, AK-3001 said:

Thing is if they get 50 million pounds for Stones, they wouldn't mind spending 40 on a guy that's physically stronger and has more experience of leading the line, and still pocket change of 10 million. 

In that scenario the player would also have to agree terms with Everton for a transfer to go through. It's entirely possible Everton would withdraw their bid if the player or his representatives told them he didn't want to sign. At the end of the day we just have to wait it out and hope our board can get the job done.

The one negative of getting him would be he goes to the ACON and could end up missing our trip to Anfield and home match vs Arsenal.

Of course the pros well and truly overide that, just putting it out there.

3 minutes ago, nofacej said:

In that scenario the player would also have to agree terms with Everton for a transfer to go through. It's entirely possible Everton would withdraw their bid if the player or his representatives told them he didn't want to sign. At the end of the day we just have to wait it out and hope our board can get the job done.

He well could, but if they offer him high wages and a starting spot then I don't see a reason why he wouldn't want to move. Usually they do. 

1 minute ago, AK-3001 said:

He well could, but if they offer him high wages and a starting spot then I don't see a reason why he wouldn't want to move. Usually they do. 

If he was confident that Napoli would accept our bid if Everton were out of the picture, or had assurances from our board that we would match Everton's bid, then he might. I would be surprised if there weren't backdoor deals between buying clubs and players done on the regular in an effort to limit transfer fees.

53 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The one negative of getting him would be he goes to the ACON and could end up missing our trip to Anfield and home match vs Arsenal.

Of course the pros well and truly overide that, just putting it out there.

Will he? Hasn't he been picked for France before?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You