Kalidou Koulibaly

the wes

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Guess we better resign ourselves to seeing Mr. Cement Boots Ivanovic and Mr. Moonwalker Cahill for another season, lads! And JT, bless him, getting caught out of position and helplessly destroyed for pace on the counter.

I just cringe at the thought of those things with the strength of the PL this season. Even the small teams have very dangerous players who can slaughter our current defense.

Oh, if that's the case, we not being able to sign other good defenders, I would just simply recall Christensen from Mönchengladbach and pay them back. 

18 minutes ago, Leif said:

Well it really should be as simple as, Napoli stating their price, us either matching that, negotiating once, or walking away. Negotiating over and over again is futile, offering a lower fee than the one stated is futile, and standing twiddling our thumbs waiting for movement on their end before continuing movement on our end is futile. I think we've just done all of the last 3. Why? 

And what's that price ? Why you all forget that we're dealing with the toughest negotiator in world football, yet still (chatting sh*t) that we should pay whatever he asks.

Besides transfers are more complex than that transfer figure.

I find it illogical if you think that Chelsea can't sign good players when they just signed the best midfielder in the Premier League.

On 23 July 2016 at 9:10 PM, RuudiGullit said:

Oh, if that's the case, we not being able to sign other good defenders, I would just simply recall Christensen from Mönchengladbach and pay them back. 

If it was a simple case of bidding just a bit more then why haven't we seen a bid from Everton, who supposedly bid higher than us, accepted then? Napoli don't need money. They just got 94m euros from Higuain, do you really think they need to sell Koulibaly for a cut rate price? 

Well his agent has come out and said they do not want to play for Napoli OR Juventus. He wants either an Everton or Chelsea move... 

I don't think we're gonna have to make a knockout, over the odds deal to get this done. The players agent has gone public with his desire to leave and the last thing you want going into a new season is a player who clearly doesn't want to be there disrupting the camp.

Patience is a virtue, Conte knows this.

On 23/07/2016 at 8:59 PM, Leif said:

Well it really should be as simple as, Napoli stating their price, us either matching that, negotiating once, or walking away. Negotiating over and over again is futile, offering a lower fee than the one stated is futile, and standing twiddling our thumbs waiting for movement on their end before continuing movement on our end is futile. I think we've just done all of the last 3. Why? 

Thank you Leif. Will you help me with something please? Why is this idea so popular no matter how often it is refuted?

Napoli will not name a price. Like all negotiators finding themselves in a strong position, they believe that naming a price only puts an upper limit on what they might be offered. Instead they will just sit tight refusing any, and all, offers until they believe they have wrung the highest possible bid out of the market. Then, and only then, will they decide if they want to accept that offer.

When will they know for sure that they've got the best offer they'll get? That's up to them but around about tea time on deadline day they might start to believe that interested clubs have gone as far as they will. Meanwhile, any offer made today will automatically be rejected as Napoli just ride this thing and see how far it takes them.

Napoli own the registration of a player they like, one they are perfectly happy to keep. They have him contracted for three more years on a wage they can afford and they do not need the cash a transfer might generate. There is no downside for them here so it's their party and their tunes. If we want the prize we just have to dance their dance.

14 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Well his agent has come out and said they do not want to play for Napoli OR Juventus. He wants either an Everton or Chelsea move... 

I don't think we're gonna have to make a knockout, over the odds deal to get this done. The players agent has gone public with his desire to leave and the last thing you want going into a new season is a player who clearly doesn't want to be there disrupting the camp.

You know their owner doesn't care about this...

2 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

You know their owner doesn't care about this...

He's operating from a weakened position. In the case of say... Cavani, his agent never went public. Same can be said about Higuain even though everyone knew he wouldn't be back. This situation, I think has hamstrung him.

17 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Modric wanted to leave Spurs for west London. Didn't happen.

16 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Okay... DeBruyne wanted to leave Cheslea. It happened

As Jose said, "Last year (meaning 2013/14) there were some players I wanted to sell."

My suspicion is that Napoli will sell but they appear to have a bidding war going and they will milk it for all it is worth. Spurs, on the other hand, did not want to sell. Not to Chelsea anyway. Just beacuse a player wants to move, it does not compel the club that owns his registration to do business. They have options.

“We've decided to leave for economic reasons," he said.

"After what happened to Higuain, though, Kalidou will not be leaving for Juventus or another competitor.

“Chelsea still want him and there's time to close a deal.”

Man, now i'm getting excited about this one again...

2 minutes ago, Artandur said:

“We've decided to leave for economic reasons," he said.

"After what happened to Higuain, though, Kalidou will not be leaving for Juventus or another competitor.

“Chelsea still want him and there's time to close a deal.”

Man, now i'm getting excited about this one again...

they don't sell him because they already sell higuain and naples fans are almost in war with the president..

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You