Kalidou Koulibaly

the wes

Say we didn't sign a central defender, how much of a travesty would it really be? We already have Ivanovic (who has been a brilliant defender for us over the years, if you exclude last season), Cahill, Terry, Zouma, Miazga, and also that young, promising defender from the academy (can't remember his name) too. Under a coach like Conte these players could easily operate at a top level again next season. Don't get me wrong, it is still important we sign another top centre back, but all I'm saying is we still have a good amount of quality defenders at our disposal. Haven't seen too much of Koulibaly, so hard to say how much he will improve us. 

1 hour ago, It's too big said:

Say we didn't sign a central defender, how much of a travesty would it really be? We already have Ivanovic (who has been a brilliant defender for us over the years, if you exclude last season), Cahill, Terry, Zouma, Miazga, and also that young, promising defender from the academy (can't remember his name) too. Under a coach like Conte these players could easily operate at a top level again next season. Don't get me wrong, it is still important we sign another top centre back, but all I'm saying is we still have a good amount of quality defenders at our disposal. Haven't seen too much of Koulibaly, so hard to say how much he will improve us. 

We could still manage, but not buying would greatly put a dent in Conte's tactics. Conte's system requires a defender who can pass from the back, but with ivanovic, Cahill and Zouma, we'll be hoofing the ball upfield and it'll force Conte to adjust and manage which is really annoying when we can avoid it before the season starts. 

Breaking: Chelsea are set to land Napoli star Kalidou Koulibaly by offering €48m, beating their league opponent Everton.

What's the source? Me, there, I said it, instead of Twitter I posted on here so you better fucking believe it.

33 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

We are getting outbid by Evertoon I REPEAT we are getting outbid by Evertoon.

mRCtTR1.gif

You're actually one of the most annoying members on this forum at the moment. 

So what if Everton outbid us by 6m euros? It's Koulibaly's decision to come here or not. I'm sure he'd pick the Bridge over Goodison Park. 

1 minute ago, The Skipper said:

So what if Everton outbid us by 6m euros? It's Koulibaly's decision to come here or not. I'm sure he'd pick the Bridge over Goodison Park. 

You stupid or what? He can't choose us if Napoli doesn't accept our bid and they will not if Evertoon made a bigger offer use your brain.

15 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

You stupid or what? He can't choose us if Napoli doesn't accept our bid and they will not if Evertoon made a bigger offer use your brain.

You don't really seem to understand how transfers go. If Napoli accepts Evertons bid, but Koulibaly doesn't want to move to the city of Loserpool him to EFC is not happening. The player always has the final word. For example: Roma could've accepted our bid for Nainggolan but if he wants to stay in Roma, it's not going to happen. 

4 minutes ago, RuudiGullit said:

You don't really seem to understand how transfers go. If Napoli accepts Evertons bid, but Koulibaly doesn't want to move to the city of Loserpool him to EFC is not happening. The player always has the final word. For example: Roma could've accepted our bid for Nainggolan but if he wants to stay in Roma, it's not going to happen. 

I know that but we can't sign Koulibaly if they don't accept our bid.

10 hours ago, Topico said:

Everton's offer is actually higher than Chelsea's: 40 million euros. (Di Marzio)

I didn't see this before, can  you post his Twitter link where Dimarzio posted this I've been seeing fake sources saying Everton has bid. 

1 minute ago, Chelsea4 said:

I know that but we can't sign Koulibaly if they don't accept our bid.

Yep. 2 factors in transfer drama's : the club needs to accept the bid and the player wants the move. If Koulibaly tells Napoli that he (desperately) wants to move to Chelsea instead of Everton, Napoli might give Chelsea a final price that might just slightly be more than Evertons €45m (think €48m). 

I really hope the rumours of Everton moving in on Koulibaly are false as then, they've destroyed or €40m bid. I know they've got a new rich owner or chairman or something but Everton stays Everton until they climb in the table for the next season's meaning that at this moment , if a player could choose for Chelsea or Everton ... well that would be an instant choose for the true Blues. Us. 

3 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

I didn't see this before, can  you post his Twitter link where Dimarzio posted this I've been seeing fake sources saying Everton has bid. 

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/news-cat/everton-su-koulibaly-e-badelj-sul-centrocampista-ce-anche-il-milan/

13 hours ago, LondonsFinest said:

Jesus, this forum makes me want to barf at times. A reliable source reports we've made contacts. No reaction.

Shit source says EVERTON will outbid us for him and everyone starts moaning. You people have no pleasing. 

A reliable source says EVERTON outbid us. How's that sound ?

I've just cracked the code. They're spending Stones money already and throwing everything at Koulibaly.

45 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

The player holds the power in this. If he doesn't want to go to Everton, how much they bid for him doesn't matter. Who is to say that Chelsea won't up their offer to match Everton's? Complaining that Everton bid higher than us after we've already had a bid on the table is outrageous. It's not like they made a bid before us and we decided to undercut their bid. Before you get angry, at least see how it plays out. 

Also, please refrain from calling other forum members stupid, or telling them to use their brain. You can have debates without insulting someone. 

1 minute ago, The Skipper said:

The player holds the power in this. If he doesn't want to go to Everton, how much they bid for him doesn't matter. Who is to say that Chelsea won't up their offer to match Everton's? Complaining that Everton bid higher than us after we've already had a bid on the table is outrageous. It's not like they made a bid before us and we decided to undercut their bid. Before you get angry, at least see how it plays out. 

Also, please refrain from calling other forum members stupid, or telling them to use their brain. You can have debates without insulting someone. 

I agree with what you said sorry i didn't want to insult you but didn't you say i'm annoying?

3 hours ago, It's too big said:

Ivanovic is very bad at defending not only last season, Cahill is medicore with awful moments, Terry is slow and overrated (right now), Zouma is coming out of very serious injury. Miazga, Clarke-Salter, Omori are all very young and unexperienced. Not buying a CB would be total disaster. 

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

Nah, there's 1 whiny member that holds the title of most annoying :P

58 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

A reliable source says EVERTON outbid us. How's that sound ?

I've just cracked the code. They're spending Stones money already and throwing everything at Koulibaly.

He is quoting Mercato or own words? Either way, if the footballer doesn't want to go to Everton, what they bid doesn't matter. At the same time, if he does, than Napoli will milk them big time, and I'd be okay if we look at someone else as long as it is a quality buy. Koulibaly's the best choice, right now, no doubt, BUT there are always other options. If we are to sign him, I don't want us spending over the moon for him. 34mil. Pounds plus bonuses is an amazing offer. If Napoli don't want it, they can fuck off.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You