Fikayo Tomori

Captain Ahmed

33 minutes ago, gadget said:

To anyone with youth detail enlighten to who has a better chance at breaking through between Tomori and Clarke- Salter?  I believe JCS was first to a chelsea appearance, but Tomori who went on to have a better loan (albeit both didn't get a huge amount of minutes. Both getting praise for the u20 world cup.

Hull seems to be a place where a couple of our loanees may go this coming season with their new manger

Honestly I think Tomori has a way better chance. He's quick, agile, very athletic. JCS is so slow I don't think he's modern defender. Games are now quicker and athletic defenders are preferred. JCS struggled with pace many times in the youth games. He's class defender, great on the ball but it can be difficult for him. On a plus side he's left-footed so maybe for certain side it will be the key in signing the defender. 

Tomori has everything to be great modern defender. Under the radar, top prospect.

53 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

A loan to dortmund would be perfect. Maybe even replicate the Christensen plan with a 2 year to bundesliga? His development would hopefully sky rocket

He won't play there. He needs a full season at the Championship. The only way he goes Dortmung is if it is with a view to a permanent transfer. He is not ready to be playing regular basis for a team like Dortmund yet which is why I think he will probably go on loan to a team in the Championship.

36 minutes ago, Stats said:

He won't play there. He needs a full season at the Championship. The only way he goes Dortmung is if it is with a view to a permanent transfer. He is not ready to be playing regular basis for a team like Dortmund yet which is why I think he will probably go on loan to a team in the Championship.

Perhaps you are right, wherever he goes i hope it is a 2 year loan though. I think the continuity helps the players buy into the team and the team knows it has control for 2 years to develop and use as they see fit. Lew Baker/Traore(1.5yr)/Christensen recent examples of that strategy

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
12 hours ago, ja1 said:

Tomori wins Derby supporters’ player of the season 

Great achievement Fik. All the more so given that Harry Wilson, on loan from Liverpool, has had a sensational season for Derby. For a defender to out poll an eye-catching attacker, who's littered his performances with goals and assists, says a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

His development has been nice to watch, he has a lot of good qualities in his locker. He is quite two footed and comfortable playing ball out, extremely quick and hard to beat one on one. He reminds me of Joe Gomez in style. To me he seems a little mistake prone, or at least earlier in the season he was, particularly with aerial balls. A common phrase but if he irons them out, I’m sure he could be a Chelsea player one day - though most likely as a squad player. 

Next step would be top 5 league loan, maybe in the Premier League but I wouldn’t mind him going to Germany, maybe even on a 2 year deal. I think this type of stability would suit his development. I doubt it’s on the cards though, more likely he goes PL.

7 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Why loan him? Our defense weak, now is the best time. He is 22, should be ready. Liverpool didn’t send Alexander-Arnold or Gomez on loan. We didn’t send Zouma on loan either. 

He shouldn't be here sitting on the bench, he should be playing every week in a top league to further his development.