Fikayo Tomori

Captain Ahmed

Fikayo Tomori well done my Canadian Boy ,he is our Academy Player of the Year 2016

Date of birth: 19 December 1997
Place of birth: Calgary, Canada
Position: Defender
International levels played at: Canada Under-20s
Trophies won at Chelsea: FA Youth Cup 2014/15, 2015/16; UEFA Youth League 2014/15, 2015/16

Fikayo Tomori joined the club as an Under-8 and has played predominantly on the right side of central defence or at right-back through the age groups. He made his youth team debut while still an Under-16 before going on to feature as a regular for Joe Edwards’s side in his first season as a scholar.

He started every game as the Under-18s successfully defended the Youth Cup and featured in eight of the 10 UEFA Youth League matches on the way to victory in Switzerland. His strong performances at the back also earned him an Under-21 debut and he made half a dozen appearances for Adi Viveash’s side before the end of the season.

Tomori signed a first-year professional contract in July 2015, which commits him to the club until the end of the 2017/18 season.

In April 2016 he scored the opening goal in the final of the UEFA Youth League as Chelsea beat Paris Saint-Germain 2-1 and followed it up with a goal in the second leg of the victorious FA Youth Cup final.

chelseafc.com

Now looks like England making their play for him at international level. Unfortunate for Canada he will follow Owen Hargreaves and not play at the senior level for us it seems. But he looks a player for the future if we(Chelsea) get his development right

Thankful Tomori

Fikayo Tomori joined Jake Clarke-Salter and Tammy Abraham as Academy products who have made their first-team debuts this season when he came on against Leicester, and afterwards he spoke about the experience and the season in general.It has been a memorable campaign for the 18-year-old defender to say the least. As well as his debut he helped the club retain two prestigious youth trophies he played a part in winning last season, he collected the Academy Player of the Year honour at the Chelsea Annual Awards on Friday and on Monday, he was called into the England Under-20 squad for the first time having previously played for Canada at Under-20 level.

‘If at the start of the season someone had told me [this would happen], I would have said, ‘Steady…!’ Tomori told Chelsea TV.‘But I am thankful to God that it has happened and I have taken every game as it comes, making sure I am developing in training and doing what I need to do to improve, and it has kept on getting better for me. My debut capped it off brilliantly. It is a step in the right direction.‘It has been amazing and it caps off pretty nicely winning the UEFA Youth League and scoring in that final, and winning the FA Youth Cup and scoring in that final as well. Then with winning the Academy Player of the Year two days before making my debut, it has been a great season.’

Tomori came in the second half against Leicester City on Sunday as was asked to play at right-back. He had been an unused substitute the previous midweek away at Anfield and prior to the final game had indications he might be involved.‘There was talk of it before the game, little whispers to make sure I am ready and I was always getting up every three minutes to stretch my legs and make sure I am warm. At half-time [assistant coach] Steve Holland told me to get warm and stay warm and about 15 minutes into the second half he called me over and it was mad.‘Centre-back is where I have played most of the season but I have played two or three games at right-back. It is a bit different physically and positionally but I tried to do the simple things and make sure I had a solid game, which I think I did.’

Tomori has been with Chelsea since the Under-8 age group and his time on the pitch at Stamford Bridge at the weekend led to recollections of an early run-out there in his schoolboy days.‘Back then football was more just a hobby, playing with my friends and playing at Stamford Bridge in front of my family and other families,’ he remembers.‘We have played a few games there in the Youth Cup when there have been a few more people but to get to this stage, a full stadium against the champions at the end of the season, and make my debut with my family again in the crowd is surreal, and I am grateful.’

chelseafc.com

cfc.JPG

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anybody would see this guy replace Cahill in waiting Zouma's return ?

I wait this since some weeks.

With our pitiful defense, it's disgraceful that we haven't let Tomori or another youth CB get in the first team.

I hope this second huge defeat will force Conte to make that choice.

• 1 month later...
On 26/09/2016 at 3:23 AM, Ayioros said:

Does anybody would see this guy replace Cahill in waiting Zouma's return ?

I wait this since some weeks.

With our pitiful defense, it's disgraceful that we haven't let Tomori or another youth CB get in the first team.

I hope this second huge defeat will force Conte to make that choice.

Bristol Post:Chelsea youngster Fikayo Tomori is being lined up for a potential loan move to Bristol City in January 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
1 minute ago, the wes said:

A loan to dortmund would be perfect. Maybe even replicate the Christensen plan with a 2 year to bundesliga? His development would hopefully sky rocket

To anyone with youth detail enlighten to who has a better chance at breaking through between Tomori and Clarke- Salter?  I believe JCS was first to a chelsea appearance, but Tomori who went on to have a better loan (albeit both didn't get a huge amount of minutes. Both getting praise for the u20 world cup.

Hull seems to be a place where a couple of our loanees may go this coming season with their new manger