Fikayo Tomori

Captain Ahmed

I agree from what I have seen. He is pacey as hell.
He could keep up with Salah, which means a lot. Also Zouma is quite fast too. We have a very pacey team right now. CHO, Puli, Tammy, Tomori, Zouma Emerson, Willian etc. have decent pace.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

He could keep up with Salah, which means a lot. Also Zouma is quite fast too. We have a very pacey team right now. CHO, Puli, Tammy, Tomori, Zouma Emerson, Willian etc. have decent pace.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Mount

Rudiger (very underrated in terms of pace)

Reece

Kante

Guehi

and even AC, Kovacic, Gilmour, Bats, RLC (when fully healthy) and Barkley are all fairly pacey as well

Pedro was insanely fast when he was younger, but now is a shadow of that

hell, Kepa is really fast for a GK, lolol

• 3 weeks later...

Gianfranco Zola admits that he and Maurizio Sarri completely missed Fikayo Tomori’s talents when they were in charge at Chelsea last season.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/17/gianfranco-zola-admits-maurizio-sarri-made-mistake-fikayo-tomori-chelsea-11171182/?ito=newsnow-feed?ito=cbshare

53 minutes ago, the wes said:

Gianfranco Zola admits that he and Maurizio Sarri completely missed Fikayo Tomori’s talents when they were in charge at Chelsea last season.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/17/gianfranco-zola-admits-maurizio-sarri-made-mistake-fikayo-tomori-chelsea-11171182/?ito=newsnow-feed?ito=cbshare

too busy with their heads up Luiz and Alonso's arses!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

The Valencia match has demonstrated how crucial he is already especially while Rudigers out.

He's the only one that can play on the left hand side competently, Christensen and Zouma have been good while partnering Fik on the right but a disaster together.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

The Valencia match has demonstrated how crucial he is already especially while Rudigers out.

He's the only one that can play on the left hand side competently, Christensen and Zouma have been good while partnering Fik on the right but a disaster together.

Baffled by Lampard's decision to change the entire back 4 for a huge game (am not starting the debate again!) TBH. 

2 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

So you wanted him to continue with Emerson on the left?

That's assuming Emerson would struggle again. Even if he did, it's arguably "better" that one player struggle than the entire back 4 because they aren't familiar with one another.

At the very least, Zouma-Tomori should probably have started. They aren't perfect but at least they've played enough times to form that partnership and we needed someone competent in the LCB position. Plus, Christensen hadn't played much at all prior to that Valencia game and it was highly risky to have just thrown him into a huge CL game like that. 

31 minutes ago, Jason said:

That's assuming Emerson would struggle again. Even if he did, it's arguably "better" that one player struggle than the entire back 4 because they aren't familiar with one another.

At the very least, Zouma-Tomori should probably have started. They aren't perfect but at least they've played enough times to form that partnership and we needed someone competent in the LCB position. Plus, Christensen hadn't played much at all prior to that Valencia game and it was highly risky to have just thrown him into a huge CL game like that. 

I am very sure we would have been training with the combinations of reece-emerson, reece-azpi ans azpi-emerson in the training. I mean for all purposes we have 3 proper full backs, and i am sure it would have crossed the mind of lamps to train with the apt back line. Irrespective, if we are building on a meritocracy philosophy, then it makes no sense to drop Reece for such a game, and personally i think he was very good. Azpi deserved the start over Emerson for Lb. 

With the power of hindsight, i have to agree on Andreas. He was really poor, but personally i wanted him to start and tomori to give way. 

So i kind of agree and disagree. I can see your point, but i can also see lamps' pov, specially related to the FB situation.

17 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

I am very sure we would have been training with the combinations of reece-emerson, reece-azpi ans azpi-emerson in the training. I mean for all purposes we have 3 proper full backs, and i am sure it would have crossed the mind of lamps to train with the apt back line. Irrespective, if we are building on a meritocracy philosophy, then it makes no sense to drop Reece for such a game, and personally i think he was very good. Azpi deserved the start over Emerson for Lb.

I'm sure they practice in training but just why change it at Valencia? 

I don't disagree with the meritocracy thing but at the same time, you gotta trust the players to perform on matchday. Otherwise, we'll be changing the backline, for example, every game which isn't ideal. I get it if they perform badly like for 3-4 games etc but not just after 1 game.