Fikayo Tomori

Captain Ahmed

7 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Unless Kane is injured he will play every game. Think Tammy should of went to play for Nigeria. Hed be their number 1 every international break. But hey let him have a shot at it but if I was Southgate and Kane was fully fit its a no brainer unfortunately for Tammy.

When you choose national team game time or money should not even be in discussion. Only what you feel in your heart. 

9 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Unless Kane is injured he will play every game. Think Tammy should of went to play for Nigeria. Hed be their number 1 every international break. But hey let him have a shot at it but if I was Southgate and Kane was fully fit its a no brainer unfortunately for Tammy.

Good for us. Less probability to get injured or tired just riding the bench for england. But still can call himself senior internationaln to boost his confidence. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Outstanding again last night, this kid will be a big player for the club.

He did nearly get caught out in the opening minutes last night and it does seem to be a little worry at present that he's either been caught on the ball or under-hit a back pass a couple of times but I think the problem stems from his reluctance to simply clear his lines. He backs himself that if the pass isn't available, he'll hold on to the ball but sometimes you have to prevent the risk and just send the ball down the flanks or up to Tammy. This will come with experience, and possibly even a mistake getting capitalised on, but it's a short term weakness that will develop into a long term strength because he's good and comfortable on the ball and as his decision making improves when he has the ball he'll get even better.

I have always liked him a lot while playing for reserves, I was very happy when he debuted first team some years ago. After that, he had that shity spell at Brighton and a not so good one at Hull, I almost gave up on him. But since the beginning of last season, he's been dope.

Clearly he makes silly mistakes sometimes, but still we are winning tough games with him, and he is getting better and better. I think with Rüdiger they will be great together.

On 10/20/2019 at 0:16 AM, Jason said:

Tomori is still young and a drop off in form is to be expected but he has been a bit of a mess recently. Has looked defensively sluggish and turned into Zouma when on the ball. Needs to pick it up again. 

You guys can thank me for Tomori rediscovering his form. :Goober: 

30 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

I know... With more top level experience and with a better partner than Zouma he will be such a boss.

Zouma has been pretty decent the past few games tbf to him. He and Tomori compliment each other quite well. One with pace and ability the other strength.

2 minutes ago, DDA said:

Zouma has been pretty decent the past few games tbf to him. He and Tomori compliment each other quite well. One with pace and ability the other strength.

Zouma is ok but I think Rüdi and Andy are better than him. I can't see him stuck in the starting eleven long term.

14 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Zouma is ok but I think Rüdi and Andy are better than him. I can't see him stuck in the starting eleven long term.

I think zouma has been brilliant since andreas' injury. I had so many doubts on him at the start of the season, but you can see how well he is progressing. Playing out the back, those cross field balls to Alonso, even driving into the mid.