test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Captain Ahmed

29. Fikayo Tomori

Started by Captain Ahmed,

159 posts in this topic
6 hours ago, Special Juan said:

That tackle though.

I know... With more top level experience and with a better partner than Zouma he will be such a boss.

30 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

I know... With more top level experience and with a better partner than Zouma he will be such a boss.

Zouma has been pretty decent the past few games tbf to him. He and Tomori compliment each other quite well. One with pace and ability the other strength.

1905didierblue likes this

2 minutes ago, DDA said:

Zouma has been pretty decent the past few games tbf to him. He and Tomori compliment each other quite well. One with pace and ability the other strength.

Zouma is ok but I think Rüdi and Andy are better than him. I can't see him stuck in the starting eleven long term.

14 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Zouma is ok but I think Rüdi and Andy are better than him. I can't see him stuck in the starting eleven long term.

I think zouma has been brilliant since andreas' injury. I had so many doubts on him at the start of the season, but you can see how well he is progressing. Playing out the back, those cross field balls to Alonso, even driving into the mid.

communicate and Vesper like this

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Tomori is the quickest player in the team... 🤔

I agree from what I have seen. He is pacey as hell.

I agree from what I have seen. He is pacey as hell.
He could keep up with Salah, which means a lot. Also Zouma is quite fast too. We have a very pacey team right now. CHO, Puli, Tammy, Tomori, Zouma Emerson, Willian etc. have decent pace.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Vesper likes this

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

He could keep up with Salah, which means a lot. Also Zouma is quite fast too. We have a very pacey team right now. CHO, Puli, Tammy, Tomori, Zouma Emerson, Willian etc. have decent pace.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Mount

Rudiger (very underrated in terms of pace)

Reece

Kante

Guehi

and even AC, Kovacic, Gilmour, Bats, RLC (when fully healthy) and Barkley are all fairly pacey as well

Pedro was insanely fast when he was younger, but now is a shadow of that

hell, Kepa is really fast for a GK, lolol

killer1257 likes this

53 minutes ago, the wes said:

Gianfranco Zola admits that he and Maurizio Sarri completely missed Fikayo Tomori’s talents when they were in charge at Chelsea last season.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/17/gianfranco-zola-admits-maurizio-sarri-made-mistake-fikayo-tomori-chelsea-11171182/?ito=newsnow-feed?ito=cbshare

too busy with their heads up Luiz and Alonso's arses!!!!

The Valencia match has demonstrated how crucial he is already especially while Rudigers out.

He's the only one that can play on the left hand side competently, Christensen and Zouma have been good while partnering Fik on the right but a disaster together.

Bosnian Blue likes this

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

The Valencia match has demonstrated how crucial he is already especially while Rudigers out.

He's the only one that can play on the left hand side competently, Christensen and Zouma have been good while partnering Fik on the right but a disaster together.

Baffled by Lampard's decision to change the entire back 4 for a huge game (am not starting the debate again!) TBH. 

8 hours ago, Jason said:

Baffled by Lampard's decision to change the entire back 4 for a huge game (am not starting the debate again!) TBH. 

So you wanted him to continue with Emerson on the left?

2 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

So you wanted him to continue with Emerson on the left?

That's assuming Emerson would struggle again. Even if he did, it's arguably "better" that one player struggle than the entire back 4 because they aren't familiar with one another.

At the very least, Zouma-Tomori should probably have started. They aren't perfect but at least they've played enough times to form that partnership and we needed someone competent in the LCB position. Plus, Christensen hadn't played much at all prior to that Valencia game and it was highly risky to have just thrown him into a huge CL game like that. 

31 minutes ago, Jason said:

That's assuming Emerson would struggle again. Even if he did, it's arguably "better" that one player struggle than the entire back 4 because they aren't familiar with one another.

At the very least, Zouma-Tomori should probably have started. They aren't perfect but at least they've played enough times to form that partnership and we needed someone competent in the LCB position. Plus, Christensen hadn't played much at all prior to that Valencia game and it was highly risky to have just thrown him into a huge CL game like that. 

I am very sure we would have been training with the combinations of reece-emerson, reece-azpi ans azpi-emerson in the training. I mean for all purposes we have 3 proper full backs, and i am sure it would have crossed the mind of lamps to train with the apt back line. Irrespective, if we are building on a meritocracy philosophy, then it makes no sense to drop Reece for such a game, and personally i think he was very good. Azpi deserved the start over Emerson for Lb. 

With the power of hindsight, i have to agree on Andreas. He was really poor, but personally i wanted him to start and tomori to give way. 

So i kind of agree and disagree. I can see your point, but i can also see lamps' pov, specially related to the FB situation.

17 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

I am very sure we would have been training with the combinations of reece-emerson, reece-azpi ans azpi-emerson in the training. I mean for all purposes we have 3 proper full backs, and i am sure it would have crossed the mind of lamps to train with the apt back line. Irrespective, if we are building on a meritocracy philosophy, then it makes no sense to drop Reece for such a game, and personally i think he was very good. Azpi deserved the start over Emerson for Lb.

I'm sure they practice in training but just why change it at Valencia? 

I don't disagree with the meritocracy thing but at the same time, you gotta trust the players to perform on matchday. Otherwise, we'll be changing the backline, for example, every game which isn't ideal. I get it if they perform badly like for 3-4 games etc but not just after 1 game.