test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Captain Ahmed

29. Fikayo Tomori

Started by Captain Ahmed,

71 posts in this topic
36 minutes ago, Stats said:

He won't play there. He needs a full season at the Championship. The only way he goes Dortmung is if it is with a view to a permanent transfer. He is not ready to be playing regular basis for a team like Dortmund yet which is why I think he will probably go on loan to a team in the Championship.

Perhaps you are right, wherever he goes i hope it is a 2 year loan though. I think the continuity helps the players buy into the team and the team knows it has control for 2 years to develop and use as they see fit. Lew Baker/Traore(1.5yr)/Christensen recent examples of that strategy

Most of he plaudits going to Mount, however Tomori himself was absolutely fantastic. He done really well against Lukaku and his performance should not go unnoticed. 

Vesper likes this

12 hours ago, ja1 said:

Tomori wins Derby supporters’ player of the season 

Great achievement Fik. All the more so given that Harry Wilson, on loan from Liverpool, has had a sensational season for Derby. For a defender to out poll an eye-catching attacker, who's littered his performances with goals and assists, says a lot.

Stats, nyikolajevics, Vesper and 1 other like this

His development has been nice to watch, he has a lot of good qualities in his locker. He is quite two footed and comfortable playing ball out, extremely quick and hard to beat one on one. He reminds me of Joe Gomez in style. To me he seems a little mistake prone, or at least earlier in the season he was, particularly with aerial balls. A common phrase but if he irons them out, I’m sure he could be a Chelsea player one day - though most likely as a squad player. 

Next step would be top 5 league loan, maybe in the Premier League but I wouldn’t mind him going to Germany, maybe even on a 2 year deal. I think this type of stability would suit his development. I doubt it’s on the cards though, more likely he goes PL.

Why loan him? Our defense weak, now is the best time. He is 22, should be ready. Liverpool didn’t send Alexander-Arnold or Gomez on loan. We didn’t send Zouma on loan either. 

7 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Why loan him? Our defense weak, now is the best time. He is 22, should be ready. Liverpool didn’t send Alexander-Arnold or Gomez on loan. We didn’t send Zouma on loan either. 

He shouldn't be here sitting on the bench, he should be playing every week in a top league to further his development. 

I hope the good season's had by Tammy, Reece and Fik means we'll hear no more of the nonsense idea that our loan players are sometimes overlooked for selection because managers would rather use players who actually to belong to their clubs. If a CFC player is not being selected by his loan club it's because the manager does not believe he deserves it. Plain and simple. Managers want to win football matches. They'd pick me if they thought I could help them do that.

manpe and Tomo like this

18 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

He shouldn't be here sitting on the bench, he should be playing every week in a top league to further his development. 

Well yeah, first he would sit on a bench and only play in cup games but it's up to him. Zouma did it. CHO did it. They both become strarters at the age of 18-20. They handeld their opportunities well and convinced their coaches. RLC also.. He played as a winger in the first months of the season because Sarri told him his defensive work is weak to play in his midfield. Ruben worked hard and made Sarri change his mind, now he is a starter. Of course we can keep loaning Tomori out until he is 30 but if he is really that good he can make it here.

13 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Well yeah, first he would sit on a bench and only play in cup games but it's up to him. Zouma did it. CHO did it. They both become strarters at the age of 18-20. They handeld their opportunities well and convinced their coaches. RLC also.. He played as a winger in the first months of the season because Sarri told him his defensive work is weak to play in his midfield. Ruben worked hard and made Sarri change his mind, now he is a starter. Of course we can keep loaning Tomori out until he is 30 but if he is really that good he can make it here.

I have more faith in Tomori making here than Zouma to be honest. However if the transfer ban is lifted, we need a proven leader at the back. 

19 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I have more faith in Tomori making here than Zouma to be honest. However if the transfer ban is lifted, we need a proven leader at the back. 

Mee too. Zouma is a very solid player but he is not the man of current trends. Tomori is great with the ball yet a tough defender, he can also be a threat at attacks.