Fikayo Tomori

Captain Ahmed

I hope the good season's had by Tammy, Reece and Fik means we'll hear no more of the nonsense idea that our loan players are sometimes overlooked for selection because managers would rather use players who actually to belong to their clubs. If a CFC player is not being selected by his loan club it's because the manager does not believe he deserves it. Plain and simple. Managers want to win football matches. They'd pick me if they thought I could help them do that.

18 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

He shouldn't be here sitting on the bench, he should be playing every week in a top league to further his development. 

Well yeah, first he would sit on a bench and only play in cup games but it's up to him. Zouma did it. CHO did it. They both become strarters at the age of 18-20. They handeld their opportunities well and convinced their coaches. RLC also.. He played as a winger in the first months of the season because Sarri told him his defensive work is weak to play in his midfield. Ruben worked hard and made Sarri change his mind, now he is a starter. Of course we can keep loaning Tomori out until he is 30 but if he is really that good he can make it here.

13 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Well yeah, first he would sit on a bench and only play in cup games but it's up to him. Zouma did it. CHO did it. They both become strarters at the age of 18-20. They handeld their opportunities well and convinced their coaches. RLC also.. He played as a winger in the first months of the season because Sarri told him his defensive work is weak to play in his midfield. Ruben worked hard and made Sarri change his mind, now he is a starter. Of course we can keep loaning Tomori out until he is 30 but if he is really that good he can make it here.

I have more faith in Tomori making here than Zouma to be honest. However if the transfer ban is lifted, we need a proven leader at the back. 

19 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I have more faith in Tomori making here than Zouma to be honest. However if the transfer ban is lifted, we need a proven leader at the back. 

Mee too. Zouma is a very solid player but he is not the man of current trends. Tomori is great with the ball yet a tough defender, he can also be a threat at attacks.

On 24/04/2019 at 7:23 PM, nyikolajevics said:

Mee too. Zouma is a very solid player but he is not the man of current trends. Tomori is great with the ball yet a tough defender, he can also be a threat at attacks.

I haven't seen much of Tomori this season what's he like in the air ??

This video shows hes good at reading the game he looks quick as well 

1 hour ago, the wes said:

He is not very tall for a defender but he is very athletic, his jumping compensates it. I think it should be fine in the PL aswell.

1 hour ago, nyikolajevics said:

He is not very tall for a defender but he is very athletic, his jumping compensates it. I think it should be fine in the PL aswell.

Ake not the tallest player he's not bad in the air according to Wikipedia Tomori is 6ft 1ins 

11 minutes ago, the wes said:

Ake not the tallest player he's not bad in the air according to Wikipedia Tomori is 6ft 1ins 

Aké is 1.80m tall, which is reall small for a CB. (I am 183cm which is exactly 6 feet so Ake should be less than 6). Puyol was 178 :)

On 4/24/2019 at 6:47 PM, nyikolajevics said:

Well yeah, first he would sit on a bench and only play in cup games but it's up to him. Zouma did it. CHO did it. They both become strarters at the age of 18-20.

Reece is a better player than either of those two. By that I mean he's better at playing his position than they are at playing their's. Indeed Reece is better at playing Kurt's position too.

I've stated this as if it's fact but it's obviously just an opinion of course. An opinion I'm really confident about though.

23 hours ago, the wes said:

This video shows hes good at reading the game he's looks quick as well 

Pace is a big part of his game. At youth level his football when bringing the ball out from the back was an important contribution to the development sides he played in. I don't think it'll rate as outstanding at the top level however. He won't be a liability though.

On 4/25/2019 at 1:09 AM, nyikolajevics said:

Aké is 1.80m tall, which is reall small for a CB. (I am 183cm which is exactly 6 feet so Ake should be less than 6). Puyol was 178 :)

Fabio Cannavaro was 176cm and won player of the year in 2006.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Why would we sell him?

At least loan him to PL for a year and then we shall see. If we sell, include buy back clause.

If we keep Zouma, I would loam Tomori out to an EPL team where he gets massive minutes, same (but not necessarily EPL) for Clarke-Salter, Sterling, and Ampadu (he REALLY needs playing time)

that still leaves us with 6 possible CB's

Rudiger (once fit)

Luiz

AC

Zouma

Azpi (can play CB)

Reece James (can play CB)

IF we sell Zouma, then I would keep Tomori, as he will get playing time, and Lamps knows him like the back of his hand

IF we loan out Reece (huge mistake in my book, we should sell Zappacosta), then obviously we are probably keeping Happy, so Tomori needs to go out on loan still

IF we somehow stupidly sell Happy and loan out Reece, then 100000% Tomori needs to stay with us, if not, we are asking for huge issues, as we simply cannot roll with just 2 healthy (atm) CB's and Azpi as a the backup (as that, if Azpi has to play CB, means Zappocosta is our starting RB, eeeek and we would have ZERO backup at both CB and RB, as this scenario assumes Rudiger is not back yet)

• 3 weeks later...